SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

I have one of these Futur clones and really rate it.
Does yours have a noticeably bigger blade gap on one side than the other?
I don't mean on one end of the same side! Then I wouldn't rate it at all!
To my eyes the blade exposure on both edges of the cap when installed is the same on mine. Also, the blade gap on each side looks pretty much equal on each of the different settings but this is again only by eye. The blade is a tight fit so there’s hardly any movement there. Have you checked with the cap in both positions? Does it make any difference?

I have one of these Futur clones and really rate it.
Does yours have a noticeably bigger blade gap on one side than the other?
I don't mean on one end of the same side! Then I wouldn't rate it at all!
This video is very useful for sorting alignment

Have you tried taking the head apart, turning the base plate 180 and re-assembly to see it that resolves the issue?

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: DS Cosmetic T7
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: MSC – Nordic Croco
Frag: Davidoff - Cool Water

When sending the DS Cosmetic handle @slapo kindly included a T7 head so I have something else to try without breaking the 2023 purchase sabbatical. Also another razor which I'll try in the next coming days. Very generous of you P. Much appreciated!

Interestingly the shave felt very similar to what the Yaqi 70SB has given me. A mild (maybe too mild for me), smooth shave. It may well be to do with the fact that both heads share a 0.70 mm blade gap but the design is very different. I really liked the scalloped glide and three passes + pick ups later, a good result. I shall return tomorrow back to the Yaqi 70SB

SOTD.jpeg

Last edited:

When sending the DS Cosmetic handle @slapo kindly included a T7 head so I have something else to try without breaking the 2023 no purchase sabbatical. Also another razor which I'll try in the next coming days. Very generous of you P. Much appreciated!

Interestingly the shave felt very similar to what the Yaqi 70SB has given me. A mild (maybe too mild for me), smooth shave. It may well be to do with the fact that both heads share a 0.70 mm blade gap but the design is very different. I really liked the scalloped glide and three passes + pick ups later, a good result. I shall return tomorrow back to the Yaqi 70SB

View attachment 99732

Wow. What a photo!

Head and face shaving.

mmrWn2R.jpg

When sending the DS Cosmetic handle @slapo kindly included a T7 head so I have something else to try without breaking the 2023 purchase sabbatical. Also another razor which I'll try in the next coming days. Very generous of you P. Much appreciated!

View attachment 99732
Great pic!

View attachment 99732

And another I salute you for a great photo

Second shave with the Statum blade.
It's a fairly sharp blade but I could feel the performance petering out.
The Wickhams performed well and the rose was pleasant enough. I would have preferred a darker, more musky rose but no one claimed it was.
The L'Oréal balm is a Christmas present from a couple of years back that I haven't got round to using before.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Wickham English Rose https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63d6bd3f9c1da4081f7ceed3
PXL_20230129_140542528.jpg

Back
Top Bottom