SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

SOTD: 21st February 2023.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Pears Transparent bar Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut ASL./Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

Another comfortable smooth shave where everything paired together wonderfully.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20230221.
2c59dyg.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream (pre-).
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Castle Forbes "Lavender Essential Oil" shaving cream.
Merkur 39C.
Racer Super Stainless (1).
3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream (after-).
Rebul "Lavanda" EdC.

Monday evening's shave brought to you curtesy of the the theme, 'Simple shave for a simple man'

20230220_074451.jpg

Simply the best - Muhle R89 (ATT Colossus)
Simply sharp - Feather
Simple brush - Yaqi Moka
Simply soaperb - Captain Fawcett's
Simple and the pie man - Pure moisturiser

'Set your controls for the heart of the shave'

Not my favourite brush but it does a pretty decent job with a hard soap. In this case the pretty damn fine Fawcett's, a soap I swear @pjgh would love. Hard as Buggery and lanolinised (doubt the word exists but who cares? I don't). Give the brush anything else other than hard and a wire brush might be more comfortable.

All in all a great shave though and a very welcome one at the end of a working day.

So good I feel it is only right to award you all with some Beaver......

SOTD 21-Feb
20230220_163325.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop Boar
Soap: MWF
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

Great shave this morning, wonderfully smooth and irritation free. Looking forward to the end of the month to use a different scented soap and splash, but saying that it's been a joy to use!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tue 21st February

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick Super 11
NOS Schick Super 11 Ultrex [ 3 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

My 3rd ever Shave with this Cart , and I actually really enjoyed it. Not only was it smooth and comfortable but the the finish is excellent and no sign of post Shave irritation.

IMG_0403.jpeg

21/02/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Tatara Masamune / Nodachi Handle
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
Wk 08 (4).JPG
I thought i'd start up my weekly shaves again, therefore, Tabac Tuesday it is - for now.
The Masamune head is right up my street, very comfortable and efficient enough for my stubble type. I am also getting used to the longer handle just changing my grip ti suit. I really like this razor / blade combo.
The Yaqi Sagrada Familia is a crackin' little brush and whipped up vast amounts of beautiful lather, enough for a 3 pass shave which i took advantage of WTG, ATG then a pick-up pass XTG for an easy, comfortable BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine finishing off my 1st tube of Vintage Tabac Black, i have 2 left.
I am a fan of the traditional Tabac scent. Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

PXL_20230221_113448914.jpgA decent shave, this time with the second use of a vintage English London Bridge blade. A good smooth shave and quite sharp.
Enjoying day 2 of the Arko with aftershave soap.
Still not overly impressed with the Wars Fresh aftershave; find the Classic smells great and is a much stronger scent.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: QShave Futur-style
Blade: London Bridge Made in England
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63f4b65cd581142156d56d50

Tue 21
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
This soap and matching splash smell very good and the lather is just superb...whip-up to perfection by the wonderful boar brush!! This razor's edge is just where I like it...buttery smoothness and keenness! Perfect! 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230221_125416.jpg

21 February

SV 70th Anniversary
Cadman M55
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
SV 70th Anniversary asl

E936882A-B9A9-45B7-9CAA-83C547084A9D.jpeg
I really like this razor, good thing considering it’s one the most expensive razors that I own. A close and comfortable two pass shave this morning. The Cadman brush is fantastic, as is the SV soap and aftershave lotion.

Back
Top Bottom