SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

Sotd 19/02
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: gingers garden whiskey expresso
Splash: gingers garden whiskey expresso
Cologne: gingers garden whiskey expresso
Alum bloc
Balm: groom room unscented

Bowl:wet the face
Brush: alpha outlaw synthetic
Razor: homelike shaving taiga stainless
Blade: feather 3rd use

Scent notes: i get coffee and the whiskey i also get a hint of chocolate

Afternoon folks had a great shave this morning and decided to use Gingers garden whiskey expresso yeah nice scent on this one really nice lather also 3rd and final use of the feather in the taiga and a really good shave
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 5
3rd pass setting 4

20230219_114744.jpg20230219_114825.jpg20230219_115106.jpg20230219_115352.jpg20230219_115544.jpg

Sun 19
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Titan ACRM-2 Madagascan Mahogany Timber Scale
Wow...this soap and the matching balm's aromatic scent are really lasting if you like it...I do. The lather is creamy and slick too...The razor was put through the HB Arkansas and although the edge is acceptable with reasonable smoothness, the sharpness requires further enhancement with the diamond balsa. 3 passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20230219_184548.jpg

0S2w3wA.png

RAZOR: Henson Shaving Titanium [Ti22] Medium v2
BLADE: Gillette‌ Nacet
BRUSH: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap

19/02/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Cadre Fougère
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Martine De Cadre Limette EDC
View attachment 100918
A new Artisan soap to me in the MDC, i chose the small X1 Best for the 1st use as the jar is brimmed to the top so a larger knot would just overhang. I completed about 12-15 swirls just say coating the bristle ends and set about face lathering. I find it has a very nice citrusy scent, light and fresh, not overpowering. It takes a lot of water, dipping and working it on the fizzog produced plenty of nicely scented, slick, creamy lather, by the end of the 1st lathering the brush was struggling to hold the lather in the brush.
From the 1st few strokes i noticed this blade was going, still sharp enough, however, i knew it would be relegated to the window scraper jar after the shave.
2nd pass lathering, i spread what was in the knot evenly around the face and started again to dip and lather, it went again, producing another lovely covering. the scent still there after this rinse off and check, as i thought, the blade is not shaving as sweetly as it should.
Not to worry, the L1 is a very tame and efficient beastie and you can complete 3 passes in comfort with it.
I had enough lather left in this little knot to complete the 3rd pass without revisiting the jar.
Job done, comfortably BBS from 3.
I did notice though that the soap had left a film on the razor during the clean up - Hmmm, is this a thing? that is a pet hate of mine.
I finished with a rub of Barts balm and a nice splash of the MDC Limette, now then, this stuff is nice.
Both will stay in the den for now, i do need use it more to have a better opinion
I am happy with the MDC so far, not "Miles" better than any other "Artisan" but at least on par with my favourites:-
Now then do i need the Rose and Argumes?
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

I think I've got some samples here somewhere Tony.
I'll dig them out if you would like them?

Sunday February 19, 2023
Razor: FIRMblade
Blade: Shark
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/Cashmere
Soap: Areffa Golden Sunrise
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,567

Ysol5Pn.jpg
Dave, you must take care with these weapons of mass destruction we really do not want to lose you to some serious amputation, like say your head! :oops:

5711E900-108C-4C57-9700-84812E73330F.jpeg

Despite using one of my favourite razors, the Rose Gold R41, I didn’t really enjoy the shave today. I think I have flu and I feel terrible. Sweaty, aching and tired. My skin doesn’t feel great. For some reason I decided to bowl lather, which failed as I used too much water. The subsequent face lather was fine and the shave as close and smooth as expected, but my skin feels dry, I feel ill and I’m off to bed!

Hmmmpphh

:(

View attachment 100977

Despite using one of my favourite razors, the Rose Gold R41, I didn’t really enjoy the shave today. I think I have flu and I feel terrible. Sweaty, aching and tired. My skin doesn’t feel great. For some reason I decided to bowl lather, which failed as I used too much water. The subsequent face lather was fine and the shave as close and smooth as expected, but my skin feels dry, I feel ill and I’m off to bed!

Hmmmpphh

:(
Take care and maybe a COVID test?

Back
Top Bottom