SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

The where would be directly from Wolfmanrazors.com and a bit of patience being on the waiting list...there also has to be a dash of stupidity and potentially selling of body parts thrown in for good measure
Exactly, I got mine after a moment of weakness on the bay, polished WR1 0.86, OC with a Darwin handle. It’s a beautiful razor and is a joy to use.
By the way I’m typing this left handed as I had to sell my right hand to ’’body parts urgently needed, high prices paid Inc.’’ :ROFLMAO:

ys301nO.jpg

Incredible shave!! :love:

MNS ‘Orange, Cedarwood,Black Pepper’
Wildwest Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
Wade & Butcher 7/8ths Barbers notch Wedge
Mongoose B2
Kai Titan mild #11
A&E L’Orange Verte’ AS

First pass with the straight razor, second pass with the SE, ironic that I nick myself on the crease between upper lip and cheek with the Mongoose and not the W&B that I only use once a month! Anyway the finished result was a very close shave followed by splash of aftershave for a cracking finish.

Tuesday

HampFat No.1
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Yaqi Katana
Permasharp SE
Floïd Black

One of the shy, retiring razors from my arsenal.

Oh, wait. It isn’t…

View attachment 104240
The muse is with you? I get confused with the muses - there are loads. You start with nine? Or Athena - Daphne - Pandora? Difficult to tell. :) - I.

Last edited:
20230418_172122.jpg

Fourth shave with this blade, and it had a bit of a tougher job today as I didn't shave yesterday. So two days' worth to chop through, with three outings under its belt...

20230418_164916.jpg

Usual approach of a two pass shave with a hot wash before each one and a cold wash to finish.

20230418_174059.jpg

I do like this Old Spice cream (despite it being well out of date)...

The blade definitely feels a bit scratchy now, but I'll push on with it for my usual 6 shaves per blade to see how it gets on. Even though it's not that smooth I still ended up with a very close shave with no problems (although a lot of the closeness could be due to the R41GS, which isn't known for messing around).

20230418_172356.jpg

20230418_175237.jpg

Tuesday AM 2023-04-18
National Piñata Day
EPPUKl0.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Wilkinson London Bridge (12)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave

Yes, that's a Paradigm 17-4 handle on the Carbon razor head. I just thought I would try it out of curiosity; I much prefer the regular Carbon handle. Although the Chanel aftershave has grapefruit and lemon in its top notes rather than pineapple, it still works quite well with the Ethos soap scent.
xN8jLSx.jpg

Hope we are all doing well.

Have been using a US made 1912 and tonight swapped over to a British made 1912. British made seemed to my novice SE hands to deliver a smoother shave that the US version. Limited blade choice, one, has been refreshing and forced to focus on technque a bit more. Swapped back to bowl lathering and synthetic brush, seems to work better when using SE razors probably just me but you never know.

1912 ER Peerless
FS synthetic brush
Persona GEM blade
MSC Frosted Lavender
Alum Block
Nivea fresh kick

Enjoying a change from the DE razors, I can't imagine the SE will replace them but I can see an SE staying in use

Attachments

• PXL_20230418_191257678~2.jpg
    PXL_20230418_191257678~2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom