SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

11 March

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Duke 3
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

F5855C1E-745B-4A5B-8746-E6981C913DF4.jpeg
Good smooth shave again. I’m pretty confident that the blade will be good for a fourth shave as well. We’ll see tomorrow.

Monday 11 March
Another dreich day here but it’s pretty quiet and calm so could be worse.
I have a love hate relationship with the Feather. It’s beautifully made and finished in matt silver which I love. However, it’s a relatively mild razor and it would be ideal for me if it was a bit more aggressive.
Tabac soap, ToBS badger, Nacet blade completed today’s team effort. A couple of passes and pick ups gave an acceptable finish but four hours later and I’m feeling some stubble regrowth. Asi es la vida!

Have a great day fellas!
IMG_8819.jpeg

Monday 11 March
Another dreich day here but it’s pretty quiet and calm so could be worse.
I have a love hate relationship with the Feather. It’s beautifully made and finished in matt silver which I love. However, it’s a relatively mild razor and it would be ideal for me if it was a bit more aggressive.
Tabac soap, ToBS badger, Nacet blade completed today’s team effort. A couple of passes and pick ups gave an acceptable finish but four hours later and I’m feeling some stubble regrowth. Asi es la vida!

Have a great day fellas!
View attachment 118071
I expect you've already tried a shim in this, but just in case you haven't...

'The devil will find work for idle hands to do' or so sang The Smiths. In my case the devil was just idle and his hands just didn't want to work. A plus point to being in such a lowly exulted position. Hence it took me from Friday through to the early hours of this morning to even lift a razor. By jolly the weight of this thing.

And so here it is my first entry for this new week of SOTD's and one themed, 'Idle hands and hand jobs'

20240311_051724.jpg

Handyman - 3ONE6
Handylady - Polsilver Super Iridium
Handywork - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Handycream - Signature Hibernia
KY gel - Botanics moisturiser

RCA - Razor Control Assessment

'As we can see on this computer generated graphical interpretation, it becomes apparent that at the point of shaving around the chin, the blade experiences a deflection and the cutting angle changes from 32.6⁰ to 37.15⁰. As a consequence the removal of facial bristles effectively decreases and the inversely proportional residual hair increases by a factor of 0.9825%'

'Aye lad. Means a right load of old bollocks to tha'

In this case it did mean a right load of old bollocks to me and one perfectly delivered shave (even around the chin) and happiness prevailed. In fact it were more than damn fine and more in the realms of Damnfuckingfinefinishandbiggrinvalue. Best hand job of the day.

Not the world's best finished razor in terms of manufacturing quality, but hey, what a class shaving implement. In this case the Super Iridium being a most wonderful pairing and probably one my top blades.

Brian and his Bolton wonder Soaps being right up there at the top of the tree. Of course not being the same tree associated with Hadrian's Wall. The bastards. The AP brush being, well, a brush.

A great start to the week and very fitting that I also start with some Japanese ladies who also know a thing or two about shaving (because they need to) and their vibrator waving fan base.

Thanks for the heads up, excuse my ignorance I’ve not used shims so where to put the shim and what should I use?
cheers Alan
I don't have experience of using them myself.
A simple google search reveals this which seems to work for the original poster of the query.
I'm sure there's been much posted on here and other good quality shaving fora about the subject.

If I've tried a Tatra Platinum before I didn't make a note of it.
First impressions in a mild razor: seems like average sharpness and above average smoothness.
I do like a close shave but didn't get a particularly close one round the neck. Admittedly the Sticky may not help in this respect.
Seems like a decent blade and look forward to trying it again, possibly in a more average-aggression razor.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Tatra Platinum
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Coates Rose shaving cream
Aftershave: Old Spice Champion

I don't have experience of using them myself.
A simple google search reveals this which seems to work for the original poster of the query.
I'm sure there's been much posted on here and other good quality shaving fora about the subject.

Or just get a more aggressive razor? Or, dare I say it? 'An adjustable*'

* The curse of the devil. Ooops, myself then

Back
Top Bottom