SOTD: Saturday 9 December - Friday 15 December 2023.

Wednesday 13th December

ABLVV85Tmt0kx1sJXHiR1hgD6P2Flkjzth0fDBMb3OQITtlXQoOIo82rdq7u8IydUu-N3UB2w7Qm7xlTl4EVjshegOfP0wj-oU2Xy1GRW_NpeNp4fEci523XWIOKz19qSHaAFRG15T-0bLs4bo5z1hkKJb2XDg=w800

LEA Classic Shaving Bowl & Razorock 400 Limited Edition
Yaqi Tachi w/Windrose Darwin Handle & Permasharp Super (1)
Pinaud Clubman Original After Shave Lotion

Really finding my way with this razor now ...

SOTD Wed 13 Dec 2023

Tonight’s topic - cheapness!
F3996F34-0246-41A7-B0BC-7A77723FDABE.jpeg
Free Pre - shower, bar soap face wash
Cheap cream - Palmolive Classic (£2 at Sainsbury's)
Free bowl - glass (old, originally kitchen - use of)
Cheap brush - Clubman Pinaud synthetic (£6.95 on EBay)
Cheap razor - Baili BD177 (rebranded as Kanzy, £8.50 on EBay)
Cheap blade - Derby Extra (usually about £1 for 5, the more you get the cheaper they are)
Cheap post (no such thing, not even second class) - cold water (sort of free), alum block (was about £5 but will last for years), Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL (£5 for 2), Nivea ASB (£4 Sainsbury’s Nectar price), Mastermind EDT (£1.25 at Home Bargains - supposed dupe of Rabanne Million, no idea if it’s true, it’s nice anyway)

Refreshment - Coffee (Bobby Dazzler from Tynemouth Coffee. Not cheap- but wonderful)

Somebody said my wife was spoiling me by buying me some Trumper shaving cream and a new brush for Christmas (not that I know) and anyway why did I need more than one soap, brush, razor etc, etc. Whereas actually I have not (err, yet!) purchased any kit that was unduly expensive, mostly I buy second hand or on a deal. Anyway, it got me wondering if I could match the shave I had last (Proraso, Merkur, Yaqi) which was itself not that expensive, with even cheaper pieces, hence ‘cheapness’.
And actually, yes I did. It was just as smooth and effective and left my face feeling and smelling well good!
I could probably do it using even cheaper stuff, but to be honest - can’t be arsed!

Look what I found waiting for me outside the bathroom after my shave!
19D31846-77F4-4AA2-B8EB-B01AF3F69239.jpeg

SOTD: 14th December 2023.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB./ Arko Comfort AS-Cologne.

Greetings,

Last early morning shave and working shift of 2023 before I break up for the Christmas holidays until the 9th January 2024!... I've only taken a small amount of my holidays this year so, I'll be away from the mill until January 8th 2024 enjoying festivity relaxation, & spending time with family and friends...'Bring it on'!!!!

An enjoyable Turkish themed close shave to finish the my shaving week off wonderfully.

Derby & Arko are becoming my go to soap choices for my head/dome shaves. The performance slickness, protection & post shave feel that both of these humble soaps provide is excellent.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 14-Dec
20231213_104657.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: A&E Lavender Noir
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, wonderful scent all around and an efficient razor, happy days.

Really have taken to this lavender stuff, got another set on the way in the form of Mammoth Beloved. Had a sample of it from maggards a while ago and finally decided to jump on it. As long as the AS carries the scent through it'll be a winner.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 14/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Alpine Forest (sample) Croap
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice walk in the alpine forest this morning: fresh an smooth shave. This soap is a pleasure to use. It can be compared to TGFS’s Pino Alpestre and it has the same fresh scent. Seems to me a pretty comfortable soap for the warmer months of the year.

Back
Top Bottom