SOTD: Saturday 8 th - Friday 14 th June 2019

Saturday AM 2019-06-08

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (26/54)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream (v.1)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2 Ink Edition/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
tDrwg4e.jpg

SOTD: 8TH JUNE 2019.

View attachment 44513

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap : Arko shave stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

Belated birthday shave...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the gem OC micromatic, i find it incredible that only after my second shave with this very assertive vintage lady how comfortable i feel shaving with it..I've said it before treat any razor with respect, learn your technique, gain your shaving confidence and you'll be rewarded with some sublime shaves.

It's been a long time since i've used the humble Arko Shave stick, and forgot how much of a good slick protective lather it provides. I wet the end under the cold water tap then rub it directly in to my stubble then lathered up with my damp but 'not wet' voluptuous omega 48 adding water to the tips of the brush to build the lather to how i like it and in-between each pass, leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my face.

I take into consideration why some people have a love / hate opinions on the scent of arko & derby shave sticks, however great performing soaps they maybe, people can't shave with them purely because of their scent.To my nose both soaps have a 'Clean scent' which i don't have any issues with besides that, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find the scent has virtually disappeared. I count myself very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't had a adverse-reaction to any of the shaving soaps and creams that i've used to date...One thing that is certain though, both of these humble shave sticks provide a acceptable slick protective lather for a very reasonable cost.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs smooth belated birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My mature face is feeling super smooth, smelling devine, and is one day,and one year older.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Happy Birthday :)

Saturday 8th June
Alpha Brush & Shaving Co 'Outlaw' 2019 LE - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' - Ever Ready 1924 w/Alpha 'Bravo' SS handle - GEM SSC.#6 - Alum - Selin Lemon Cologne - Wickham 1912 'Apricus' ASB
4KKrxSd.jpg

After the Alpha brush was delivered today I had to bring the ATG group buy together for a celebratory shave.
The Arctic Fox synthetic knot suits me just fine. It has great backbone and soft tips and a hard soap magnet. The handle is well designed and looks and feels just right.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Vintage butterscotch Rooney
1959 Fatboy/Spoiler
old Coates lime shaving cream
Proraso after shave balm (thanks Good Doctor)
AOS sandalwood/cypress EdT

Funny thing, finding this razor recently. Had an extra Fatboy that got sent out a couple weeks ago and jeez, ran into another one at a garage sale. Hah, the seller was amazed anyone would be looking for shaving crap! He mentioned having an old Gillette somewhere, went in the house to look but came back with nada. However, he did call me later, which was incredibly nice, and told me about finding it so I went over there the next day.

Meanwhile, he'd looked up prices on ebay and saw what kinda razor/case he had and the prices, which I thought he might do and was confirmed by him when we met. Very beat up case holding a very nice condition razor, which works for me. I did end up acquiring this beauty for a extremely reasonable number. Shaved with it a few times now and it's a good fit for me. Oh, Jack is the original owners name and he died 30 years ago so this razor has a name then!

Crips, what a verbose old bastard.

These particular Spoilers are the latest I've tried (1981) and perform just as the earlier versions do. Bought an unboxed bunch cheap and use em in the rotation.

The EdT isn't bad at all and picked up a small bottle on sale. Goes away after 3-4 hours tops and not much silage I'm aware of. More like a strong after shave.

BBS results,

Martin

SOTD : 9TH JUNE 2019.

30.JPG

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap / Dove Men Hydrate + shave cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (1)

Razor: Gillette ~ Post 50's Ball-End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Hai Karate ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday face & head shave.

A welcoming return of the Gillette ball-end tech which has been out on loan to work mate of mine who returned it to me last week along with my aluminum handle gillette after loaning them for a long time. This is what happens when you have far too many shaving items, you forget what you have and unintentionally neglect them without noticing.

Maiden head shave with the Gillette ball-end tech which i found very comfortable for head shaving really good for reaching the "awkward back of my head blindspot areas",as with every razor i use when i head shave i rub my fingers with a alum block which gives the handle of the razor a firm grip without the fear of it slipping from my hand and slicing my precious swede to pieces.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face & head are feeling comfortably smooth, cool & smelling 'old school' devine. ;)
;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 9th June

Prep ~ Shower, MWF bath soap
Razor ~ Holley , M' F' G. Co. Lakeville. 6/8
Soap ~ Figaro P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush ~ Zenith Manchurian
Post ~ Argan oil
Scent ~ C.D. ~ Leather Oud EdP

A wonderful shave from my lovely Holley and the legendary P.160.

Have a great day people......P.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 6

SOTD: 8TH JUNE 2019.

View attachment 44513

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap : Arko shave stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

Belated birthday shave...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the gem OC micromatic, i find it incredible that only after my second shave with this very assertive vintage lady how comfortable i feel shaving with it..I've said it before treat any razor with respect, learn your technique, gain your shaving confidence and you'll be rewarded with some sublime shaves.

It's been a long time since i've used the humble Arko Shave stick, and forgot how much of a good slick protective lather it provides. I wet the end under the cold water tap then rub it directly in to my stubble then lathered up with my damp but 'not wet' voluptuous omega 48 adding water to the tips of the brush to build the lather to how i like it and in-between each pass, leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my face.

I take into consideration why some people have a love / hate opinions on the scent of arko & derby shave sticks, however great performing soaps they maybe, people can't shave with them purely because of their scent.To my nose both soaps have a 'Clean scent' which i don't have any issues with besides that, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find the scent has virtually disappeared. I count myself very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't had a adverse-reaction to any of the shaving soaps and creams that i've used to date...One thing that is certain though, both of these humble shave sticks provide a acceptable slick protective lather for a very reasonable cost.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs smooth belated birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My mature face is feeling super smooth, smelling devine, and is one day,and one year older.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Happy belated birthday!

Sat 8 /Sun 9th June

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick "O" Clone
Schick Twin - Japan [ 1/2 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I was in rather a hurry to get out yesterday so the Shave finish was not as good as it should have been. As a result
I decided a repeat Shave was needed.
With a much better Lather, the Shave was ultra smooth but I ensured that by concentrating all areas got dealt with
properly. Though the Shave was completed quickly, the finish quality is what I had hoped for yesterday - a real
"Face Stroker" as may be expected from this Razor.

IMG_0525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom