SOTD: Saturday 8 th - Friday 14 th June 2019

SOTD: 8TH JUNE 2019.

View attachment 44513

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap : Arko shave stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

Belated birthday shave...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the gem OC micromatic, i find it incredible that only after my second shave with this very assertive vintage lady how comfortable i feel shaving with it..I've said it before treat any razor with respect, learn your technique, gain your shaving confidence and you'll be rewarded with some sublime shaves.

It's been a long time since i've used the humble Arko Shave stick, and forgot how much of a good slick protective lather it provides. I wet the end under the cold water tap then rub it directly in to my stubble then lathered up with my damp but 'not wet' voluptuous omega 48 adding water to the tips of the brush to build the lather to how i like it and in-between each pass, leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my face.

I take into consideration why some people have a love / hate opinions on the scent of arko & derby shave sticks, however great performing soaps they maybe, people can't shave with them purely because of their scent.To my nose both soaps have a 'Clean scent' which i don't have any issues with besides that, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find the scent has virtually disappeared. I count myself very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't had a adverse-reaction to any of the shaving soaps and creams that i've used to date...One thing that is certain though, both of these humble shave sticks provide a acceptable slick protective lather for a very reasonable cost.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs smooth belated birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My mature face is feeling super smooth, smelling devine, and is one day,and one year older.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

I hope you had a great day Barry!

Saturday 8th June

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Speick Active Shaving Soap
Yaqi Metal 24mm Timberwolf Brush
Focus R28 Slim Al with a Shark SS Blade
Myrsol Metilsol AS
Dove Moisturiser

My first use of the Speick Tub and I was very impressed. A lovely post shave feel.
2 passes and a touch up for an absolutely perfect finish:)

A belated Happy Birthday to you PFox.

I agree about Arko. It's a soap that I have no problem with the scent, it's not one I was massively enthusiastic about to begin with but with repeated exposure it's a scent I find less noticable. IMO, it's a soap that can be quite drying if it's not properly hydrated - but YMMV as ever.

8/6/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Ingram Cream
Razor - Wilkinson Classic
Blade - Gillette 7OC Permasharp (7)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

Woke up this morning not feeling quite at the races, but the menthol packed Ingram lather woke me up! The Yaqi Rainbow seems to be a very good brush, probably the densest Yaqi Brush I have used (around 5-6 to date) but splays well enough.

Anyway chaps, have a good Saturday.

08/06/19

Pre shave Prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol
Blade: Feather PB (6)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Peppermint
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol

Vec RR Ment.jpg

A nice relaxing Saturday morning shave,
I am finding the synthetic brushes seem to work much better with the OSP soaps than the boar bristle brushes I have, I could be a convert as I love using the synths I have acquired lately. Eucalyptus and Menthol up today for a cooling slick lather with the RR400 Plissoft.
The Vector is a joy to use, and i find it comfortable but very efficient, although the blade may only have 1 shave left in it. 3 passes for a DFS, W - X & ATG. Giving a very comfortable face with no irritation or indication from the Alum block,
The peppermint Barts Balm and Lotion is starting to grow on me, i am glad i gave it another shot, the products are brilliant and rehydrate my face so it is soft & supple to the touch.
A splash of OSP continuing the cooling breeze feel, not so much a face freeze, however, the lingering tingle of the initial cold water splash is still there.

PS the Postie has just delivered my Blackland Dart DE , thanks @RussellR5555
So hopefully the Dart will get a run out next week, the quality of all 3 of my Blacklands is fantastic i really like the fit, finish.
Hopefully the Dart shaves as well as the Vector and Sabre.

Have a great weekend All

SOTD: 8TH JUNE 2019.

View attachment 44513

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap : Arko shave stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the gem OC micromatic, i find it incredible that only after my second shave with this very assertive vintage lady how comfortable i feel shaving with it..I've said it before treat any razor with respect, learn your technique, gain your shaving confidence and you'll be rewarded with some sublime shaves.

It's been a long time since i've used the humble Arko Shave stick, and forgot how much of a good slick protective lather it provides. I wet the end under the cold water tap then rub it directly in to my stubble then lathered up with my damp but 'not wet' voluptuous omega 48 adding water to the tips of the brush to build the lather to how i like it and in-between each pass, leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my face.

I take into consideration why some people have a love / hate opinions on the scent of arko & derby shave sticks, however great performing soaps they maybe, people can't shave with them purely because of their scent.To my nose both soaps have a 'Clean scent' which i don't have any issues with besides that, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find the scent has virtually disappeared. I count myself very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't had a adverse-reaction to any of the shaving soaps and creams that i've used to date...One thing that is certain though, both of these humble shave sticks provide a acceptable slick protective lather for a very reasonable cost.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs smooth belated birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My mature face is feeling super smooth, smelling devine, and is one day,and one year older.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

SOTD: 080619

Pre-shave: Hot Shower using Tom Ford OUD Wood Gel.

Brush: S.V. Rosewood HMW 2band
Razor: Walter Stocker Solingen 5/8
Bowl: S.V. "The Grail"
Soap: Sebum Purple (Sample)
Splash: Rebul Eau De Cologne Lavander

Fragrance: Tom Ford Lavander Palm EDP
I am out for the duration shortly so I wanted a "special" shave and what a shave it was.
Friday I received a PM from @Optometrist who so kindly offered me a sample of Sebum. This morning I opened my mail box and a glorious smell hit me straight in the face. Not only had David sent me Sebum Purple but Gold & Green. Enough for numerous shaves. I take my hat off to you sir, your generosity is overwhelming and I am truly grateful.

The star of the show has to be the soap. I know this stuff requires a second mortgage to purchase but what a product. The scent is divine. You get a natural hit of lavender and sweet mint with a menthol kick at the end.
I was advised that little water is needed and that appears to be certainly the case. This is not the easiest to dial in straight off the bat. I used a well shaken brush and carefully added water. It started to bloom after a some considerable effort and rewarded me with a rich creamy lather. Aftershave feel is second to none. Its early stages yet with this soap but its greatest properties to me at the moment is the post shave factor. Second to none.
I went for a four pass shave just to soak up the experience further so as you can imagine I am BBS and probably wont need to shave for the next five days. :)

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Saturday 8th June 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hit shower / Proraso Red pre-shave cream / Hot flannel
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- The Shaving Shop Hédonisme Pursuit of Happiness soap
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c / Lord Shark Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / The Shaving Shop Hédonisme Pursuit of Happiness aftershave
EdP:- Hugo Boss The Scent

2fe3addcbf42ae762cb5b4534823c32f.jpg

Another enjoyable shave this morning. I'm finding the Shark blades really smooth. Sharp and smooth.

An incident free 3 pass shave with me chin strokingly smooth!

Enjoy your weekend folks! [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom