SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

Blue Monday.
Tell me now how do I feel?
Smooth and refreshed, if you must know!
Yes I pretty much picked this out for colour to make the New Order joke, jester that I am. But what a banging combo!
Slim J3 on #4
Gillette Silver Blue (#3)
Speick stick (tallow)
PAA Phantom Aerolite
Creightons balm
Hollister Wave

A super lather with consummate ease as you'd expect from this brush and soap. The Slim glided serenely over my face mowing down the admittedly minimal stubble after yesterday's Excalibur/Kai Pink shave. Smoothed off with a dab of the slightly minty balm and freshened up with the youthful and light Wave.

I'm blue
Da ba dee da ba di

20221010_085701.jpg

10/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin Silvertip
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP #08
Wk 41 (3).JPG
10 out of 10 on the 10/10 for a fine 3 pass shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Monday

Need to remember that this brush needs a little extra soap, one I remembered that sacrifice, the lather was excellent.

I've stayed with the Lupo and Wizamet blade.

I was having a fantastic shave until I had a brain-fart whilst doing pick ups and just banged the razor straight onto my chin. Why, I will never know, but seeing as it's got a little heft compared to a lot of my other razors, it left a 1 cm long perfectly straight cut on the jawline. My only thought was "you absolute dickhead Duffy!"

Shave ruined, chin still stinging like a right bastard!

Anyhow, that's all I've really got to complain about today, so all is good in the grand scheme of things!

Have a fab day everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_095449__01.jpg
    IMG_20221010_095449__01.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
9/10/22

Pre - Cien Soap Free Fash Wash
Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Gillette RFB New OC
Blade - Astra SP (3)
Post - Alum/Nivea Balm
AS - Brutal Classic

A second outing for my newly acquired Gillette New OC, with a Astra SP it was delightfully smooth and efficient, it seemed to glide across my face. I was really enjoying the shave until I went over a spot which I must have picked up from yesterday's shave, and it was one of those ones that required a few outings of the alum block to stop bleeding. Nonetheless my face felt great at the end of the shave.

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 94616
Wow, a shave without the handle? super impressive, massive respect man! Not surprised the alum block was needed though :)

Monday OCtober 10, 2022
Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Sorrentino Clown Puke/Synthetic
Soap: Zingari Man The Healers
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,434
Injector blades work just fine Dave I’ve used them ok, the blade is clamped safely in the Micromatic head.

Monday

Tried out my new Zenith brush and DR Harris Marlborough and the combo didn’t disappoint with a good creamy if mildly scented lather. Now, I have been persevering with Feather SE blades notably FHS-10 and the carbon version FAS-10 so duly fitted a new one to the razor. After one or two strokes it was tugging and skipping hair so I stopped. Maybe the factory omitted the sharpening process on the ones I’ve used or maybe they need two or three shaves to break in? Anyway, only one thing to do, out with the ubiquitous and trusty GEM blade, despined it and fitted to One Blade for a two pass and pick ups BBS finish. On with Clinique SPF 21 moisturiser and a dash of Rituals “Ritual of Samurai” after shave and I’m ready for the day.
Is it me or is it the blade, maybe I’ve got a negative bias towards Feather blades? The waste bin awaits though!

6EC6A5EA-0ED0-4804-8038-D3EE03BC71DB.jpeg

Monday

Tried out my new Zenith brush and DR Harris Marlborough and the combo didn’t disappoint with a good creamy if mildly scented lather. Now, I have been persevering with Feather SE blades notably FHS-10 and the carbon version FAS-10 so duly fitted a new one to the razor. After one or two strokes it was tugging and skipping hair so I stopped. Maybe the factory omitted the sharpening process on the ones I’ve used or maybe they need two or three shaves to break in? Anyway, only one thing to do, out with the ubiquitous and trusty GEM blade, despined it and fitted to One Blade for a two pass and pick ups BBS finish. On with Clinique SPF 21 moisturiser and a dash of Rituals “Ritual of Samurai” after shave and I’m ready for the day.
Is it me or is it the blade, maybe I’ve got a negative bias towards Feather blades? The waste bin awaits though!

View attachment 94634
Great shave save, I have the same negative bias to Feather blades. Have a good one

10/10/22

'Menthol Monday'

Pre - Unscented Tallow Soap
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Proraso Green Cream
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Voskhod (1)
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

It'd been a while since I last used a Voskhod, so for today's shave I decided to give one a go. In my memory, I had the association of it being a very mild blade that didn't really produce a close shave, and I was expecting to have a fairly underwhelming shave but I was completely wrong! The Vosk even in a mild razor head like the Yaqi Old Type Clone is more than capable enough to take down a day's worth of growth to excellent results, I imagined to get a very close and comfortable shave in 2 passes.
It'd also been a while since I last used my Yaqi Rainbow, which is a truly excellent brush. It has the softest tips of any brush I own and produces a huge amount of lather, much more so than my boar brushes.
I didn't quite get out of the right side of the bed this morning, so aside from using a menthol shaving soap I also used a mentholated aftershave, and I am feeling a lot more awake after the shave then I did before it.
A really enjoyable shave from start to finish.

Have a good Monday and start to the week gents.

IMG_20221010_130418736_HDR.jpg

ki7Uxp2.jpg

YaQi Mew Brown synth
Gillette England BE Tech
Gillette Minora Stainless
(#1)
B&M War soap
RazoRock American Barber AS

This hereby finishes my test run on all four of the B&M Four Horsemen. Of the four I like this one the least and perhaps it is fitting that war be the least liked. It has a strange metallic smell that is.........bizarre, at least to me. Of course, the maker says as such in his description so I was indeed forewarned.

Back
Top Bottom