SOTD: Saturday 7th March to Friday 13th March 2020.

12/3/2020

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - MWF
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum India (27)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

Not the best lather today, from my experiences I think I find I need a slightly larger brush for MWF (or a synth?) to load from the puck. The lather was fine for the first pass but there wasn't much after that, clearly down to not loading enough.

The shave itself was fine enough but I seemed to have a few patches where the stubble remained, so I'm fairly sure the blade is now exhausted for an incredibly impressive 27 shaves.

Have a good day gents.

Thursday post -gym shave

Proraso Blue Cream
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Rockwell 6c (R4)
Gillette Nacet (6)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
La Toja after shave

Two firsts today: the Blue Proraso and La Toja splash. The Proraso is, as I expected, a great cream. I had only tried their M & E in a tube before. One finger tip sized snurdle into a damp brush produced enough lather for three luxurious passes; with enough to check for any necessary pick ups (there weren't). A great performer, with a lovely fragrance too.

R4 is going to be my setting for the Rockwell. It lends itself to a good couple of days growth to give me the type of shave leading me to wonder if there is a blade in it. Very efficient and very comfortable.

Surprisingly, the La Toja splash doesn't (to me, anyway) smell like the stick. It has a slight menthol, minty kind of aquatic scent. It is however, a great provider of a tremendous post-shave feel.

Very smooth, very happy.

424225CE-3372-4475-9264-BB54ACE0BBCC.jpeg

Thursday AM 2020-03-12

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Gillette New Long Comb/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
Kd6HNCO.jpg

Well a little late for the mid-week shave and a little early for the weekend shave...but I will take it anyway! Colonial General SE in hand is a beautiful thing and I am really enjoying this razor.

A&E Cafe au Lait not only smells great but the soap base is right up there with some of the best I have tried. Beautiful lather and glide. Need to explore them more because I have only this one.

Beautiful three pass BBS shave achieved. The matching AS is just full of skin food and really is as good as the soap. If you love chocolate and coffee this is the one to get.

Happy shaves all and stay safe.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
B9F7C395-03D7-4E9C-90D3-9D0B90DD80A2.jpeg

Thursday's Shave

I have had some great shaves this Week , and I will give most of the credit to the Polsilver Lodz in every I own it has performed well.

Preshave: African Black Soap
Soap: MDC Fougere
Brush: Grizzly Bay Synthetic 28mm
Razor: Karve Brass Solid Bar E Plate
Blade: Polsilver Lodz
Splash: Speick Active
Balm: Dunhill Pursuit
EDT: Copy Cat Executive

20200312_085435.jpg

Date:- 13 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Beaudelaire (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Schick Proline B20 #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Razor: Rapira Tech
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Brush: YaQi Giotto 24mm synth

No photo today, sorry.

I've been trying these blades generously PIF'd by @Digimonkey and failing to get a satisfactory shave all week. I've tried and failed despite all sorts of brush & soap/cream combos with the most wonderful lathers. There was always some residual stubble somewhere on my face using my Wilkinson Sword Classic, and then yesterday with my newly acquired Souplex bakelite razor.

So today I tried a somewhat more aggressive razor, and despite a ridiculously thin and weedy lather (not the cream's fault, I simply didn't use enough), today I got the shave I was looking for. If at first you don't succeed...

These blades probably won't make it into my favourites pile, but good to know there's a place for them in my rotation. Thanks again @Digimonkey !

Back
Top Bottom