SOTD: Saturday 7th March to Friday 13th March 2020.

And my offering for this evening is a shave themed 'General Cadman meets Dr Harris Arlington'

IMG_20200311_210135.jpg

A shave which I imagine @FrankieG would share with his bathroom sink. Presuming he uses a sink and not a bucket in the back yard. A man of great taste and the owner of quite a few buckets.

Razor - Brass Colonial General
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Cadman Tuxedo
Soap - Dr Arlington's wonderful elixir of shaving

A waffle free shave and just a quick summary. 'It was effing brilliant. Well done chaps'

And the last of my themed shaves. Thank you

Last edited:
Thursday‌ ‌03.12.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0011 - Edited (1).jpg

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Gillette‌ ‌'56‌ ‌B4‌ ‌Red‌ ‌Tip‌ ‌Super-Speed‌
NOS Gillette Thin Blade ‌(3)‌
Frank‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌x‌ ‌53mm‌ ‌Finest‌ ‌Badger‌
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0017 - Edited.jpg

Date:- 12 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Beaudelaire (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD : 12th March 2020.

f.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Pure Bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick .

Blade: Gillette Winner.(4)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Classic".

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Last shave of the week using the nivea men & wilkinson sword shaving products,which have made each shave a pleasurable experience.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups smooth shave with no errors to report...The gillette winner blade made a wonderful duo,on it's fourth and final outing still feeling smooth ,with no signs of dulling or dragging throughout the shave.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 12th March
Tabac Thursday
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Tabac - GEM Contour I - GEM SSC#1 - Tabac A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
hTqZD2c.jpg

Thur 12th March

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
De Vergulde hand
ER 1924/ Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 7 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I love shaving with this modded Razor, but today was sure from the off that the blade was past its best. Though I had no problems at all the finish was not all good and it was not worth pushing to get a real close one, especially as not going anywhere special.

IMG_0601.jpg

AFD97D8B-ED72-462C-B383-EFA54BCAE6B5.jpeg
Prep: Bath
Pre: Proraso Red
Cream: TOBs grapefruit
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Scuttle: QShave
Razor/Blade: Feather ASD2/Gillette Nacet (1)
ASL: SV Cubebe SE
ASB: 1912 Classic

For today's shave I decided to fire up the ASD2 after using a Progress for the last couple of weeks. Normally I use a Feather blade with the ASD2 but today I tried it with a nacet and had a comfortable 3 pass shave - perhaps a tad less close than with a Feather.
You can see from the picture the chewed up bung in the scuttle. This came about from the school boy error of pushing it in too far and then having to dig it out with a corkscrew! I've learnt since that you are meant to put the bung in with a twisting action. New bungs are on the way from China.

12/03/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Kampfe Star #2
Blade: GEM PTFE (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Neroli and Orange infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Bleu

Wk11 (6).JPG

Wk11 (6a).JPG

My first go at boxing a razor, The original box is past its best so i ordered a personalized box from Amazon, lined it with memory foam and felt, The box is a bit big so i may re-jig it to take a box of blades. I covered it in a couple of coats of wax and buffed it in. Still a way to go but nice to tinker about.
I took the corners off the blade using some emery tape laid flat on the bench and completing a few strokes back and forth then made sure it was central in the cradle.
The circa 1950's soap and brush performed very well and gave me a bowl of lovely slick, lightly scent loveliness, more than enough for the 2 passes and buffing pass required for a DFS+ result,
The Barts Balm doing its thing finishing off with a splash of copycat Bleu.
I really enjoyed that, a very involving shave leaving me feeling and smelling really good.
Enjoy your day All

Last edited:
12 March 2020 - morning:
Back to the MÜHLE R89 - what a nice change compared to the travel shavers I used recently. Handles really good.
Still have issues around the chin and neck but just irritation rather than nicks. No pics today.

Bold = change from last shave
Brush: Badger no name
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: BIC

Pre-shave: Nuage Shaving Oil
Shave Cream: Prorasso Aloe Vera
Alum Block: Ajanta
After Shave Balm: Bustamente

NB. Very difficult to work out whether it's down to prep and technique or shaver/blade combination.

Last edited:
Thu 12 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles LePiment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm
2 band Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade SuperMax Platinum Plus 1
Postshave Alum+Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Gatsby Splash
Face Lather was great with the brush. Took my time and build a nice thick creamy lather. Good scent.
Shave with razor paired with 1 of my favourite blade. Did not feel smooth...felt bumpy..seems like not sharp enough but yet...no issues during ATG..and a real close shave! 3+1pass..ATG, XTG/ATG & ATG plus a pickup. No weepers nor irritation...
Surprisingly close shave!
BBS result! Alum feedback some. Lemon refreshing and aftershave was good. Rating today 9.5/10
20200312_071238.jpg
20200312_072805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom