SOTD: Saturday 7th - 13th of September 2019

Monday

Tabac soap
Semogue OC boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS

A lovely shave this evening, the Tabac is a brilliant performer even though it was dried out in its dish as I haven't used it for about 18 months, so easy to get a good lather. Slim was lovely as always. The Semogue shed a few bristles this evening, might have to get a new one soon and start breaking it in.
Very close to my favourite list of products, hope you enjoyed.

SOTD : 10th September 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap: La Toja Shave Stick .

Blade: Treet ~ 7 Days Platinum.(1)

Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ La Toja ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

The baili bd 191 paired up excellently with the Treet blade mowing through my stubble with smooth efficiency..A very enjoyable shave, the La Toja shave stick excelled the shave providing me with a superb slick protective lather, leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

9B282BCF-9609-4209-93EC-07842EBD170B_1_201_a.jpeg

Razorock "Old Type" on Weber Bulldog
Omega 10066 Boar
Vitos Extra Super Cocco
Thayers Original Astringent

What a delight the Razorock Old Type has turned out to be; cost new about $5 a while ago and yet it delivers an easy, close, comfortable shave - a winner and I would recommend this razor over and above the Edwin Jagger / Muhle 89. The low profile head gives it agility. The chrome plating is excellent; good audible feedback; intuitive angle; smooth and just about risk free even with a sharp blade . I have enjoyed this razor so much that I have posted a WTB for an original Gillette Old Type, which I understand is different in use but has none the less peaked my interest. The Omega 10066 and the Vitos Red are also superb performers and again inexpensive. Now, if only I could send a text to my teenage self - ditch the cartridges and canned foam - buy a Razorock Old Type, Omega Boar, and Vitos Red - use the money you will save on women, booze and drugs :).

SOTD 20190910.

ziKxris.jpg

J&T® mansonia wood / OUMO Brush Motherlode.
Cibe Fiori&Frutta "Lavender" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Supermax Blue Diamond (1).
Loris "Lavanta" EdC.

10/09/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Feather AC SS / AS-D2
Blade: Feather PB (4) / 7'o'C Yellow (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac A/S - Tabac EDC

Tab,AS, Sim (1).JPG

Tony's Twisted Tabac Tuesday!

The Feather AC SS is missing from the photo as i basically bottled it today.
I decided to give the super mild/efficient AS-D2 a run out shod with a 7'o'C yellow, however, on entering the bathroom with today's kit, what is staring me out and shaming me, yes, the SS, box.gif.
Feather Pro red Simp (1).jpg

Therefore i decided to complete 1 pass WTG with the SS, how else am i going to get more confident.
A great lather from the Tabac and the scent immediately dropping me in the 1970's, i completed a non eventful pass with the SS, although i did purposely miss the chin edge where the graze was yesterday, the results were pretty good.
A Full pass with the AS-D2 XTG then a buffing pass ATG, so very comfortable this razor.
Nothing from the block and a nice post shave using the Vintage Balm, a splash of aftershave, finishing with the EDC.
A very happy shaver today. shave1.gif

Have a great day All

Back
Top Bottom