SOTD: Saturday 7th - 13th of September 2019

Mon 9th Sept

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED 2band
Vitos Super Red
Occams V2 / No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Did a repeat Shave with the Occams as I wanted a no fuss good Shave. I am quite surprised how well the Proguard works with the Razor and its aggressive plate, it is very forgiving and I am able with ease to get rid of all stubborn areas of growth. It is fast becoming a favourite as it is so manoeuvreable as the odd looking handle offers such a variety of grips. This could be the Razor of Choice when I need a guaranteed Top Notch Shave for a special occasion.

IMG_0618.jpg

9/9/19

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Intesa Cream
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Astra SP (8)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamins Pimento Bay Rum

I've been having some problems with my Omega 80265 for a while, a brush I have had for a while that used to perform superbly but now it seems to eat lather and the performance has diminished greatly. I've tried cleaning it a few time to see if excess soap scum was the culprit but nothing seems to work. A bit of a head scratcher!

Anyway chaps have a good start to the week.

Date:- 09 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Synth. Silvertip Fibre 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- Standard Razor / Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum #2
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

09/09/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Feather SS Kamisori
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red / Barts Rosemary & Sandalwood lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Feather Pro red Simp (1).jpg

Success! well sort of.
A much better effort today, the Feather blade much better, although, a lot sharper and a bit more respect needed.
I face lathered today and made sure the whiskers got roughed up a bit.
The First pass was good, WTG, the whisker laden soap proof that i was doing something right, i did pick up the tiniest of nicks on my chin, when i popped on the Nix Stick the tiny bit of claret stopped.
2nd pass XTG was fine until i did under my chin where i picked up a small graze, no big deal, i was sort of expecting something. I need to suss out a better angle with this unforgiving Feather.
The 2 passes gave me a very passable DFS finish.
I completed an ATG buffing pass with the Muhle which has left me BBS. Some indication from the block, mainly under the chin,
I added the Barts Balm to the post shave routine because of the 2 issues i had.
So, a mostly very comfortable, soft face and smelling pretty good.
I am quite chuffed with that effort.
Have a great Day All.

Monday 9th September
Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Barbershop - Ever Ready Natural Angle 'HFT' - Gem SSC #5 - Alum - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
laGNoww.jpg

Monday

Tabac soap
Semogue OC boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS

A lovely shave this evening, the Tabac is a brilliant performer even though it was dried out in its dish as I haven't used it for about 18 months, so easy to get a good lather. Slim was lovely as always. The Semogue shed a few bristles this evening, might have to get a new one soon and start breaking it in.

09/09/19

Razor: Fatip Gentile SE
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Soap: Palmolive uber lather
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green
Bowl: Giles Pottery

IMG_20190909_201357.jpg

I've had the Gentile a while and this is the first time I've used it. A very nice and comfortable shave. Not the perfect end result but it is my first time with this razor.

This uber lather is dedicated to @donnie_arko for his inspiration earlier today. A great slick combination that managed to offset my usual dire bowl lathering skills.

Back
Top Bottom