SOTD : Saturday 6th October - Friday 12th October 2018.

Prep: Cella pre barba
Bowl: Turkish copper bowl
Brush: Thäter 4125 Premium Boar
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: Seygus Extrem SB
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
AS: Floid Genuine
AS Balm: I Coloniali

SOTD_20181006.jpg
Best Regards
Marco

Pre: Sainsburys Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade: NOS Czech Gillette Stainless (1)
Soap: Soapy Science Hanalei
Brush: YaQi Cashmere 24mm Synthetic (Ltd edition)

4a0fb024eacb9881ba604a03615d3cdc.jpg

A very nice relaxed shave today. Didn't even wake up until 11:30. The hippy influenced fragrance of the Hanalei enhanced the mood further

Saturday 6th October

Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Pre Shave
P&B Pall Mall Soap
Yaqi reknot with a 24mm Maggards Badger/Boar Knot
Q-Shave (3.5, 3.5, 4.5) with a Wilkinson/Gillette Blade
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 Phase AS

A simple disassembly and reassembly sorted out the alignment problem with the QShave. This was a very early morning shave prior to a long day shift.
3 passes for a BBS Finish:)

Saturday 6th October PM

Pre-shave:- warm rinse and Proraso White Pre Shave cream
Brush:- The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Executive Shaving Company Natural cream
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy/Gillette 7 O'clock green (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber followed by Nivea 2 Phase aftershave.

228fbcb8213675c7227e05b7f4d79574.jpg

I shaved last night but this morning I had a heavy and noticeable growth. I had a busy day again working in my parents garden cutting out lots of roots and bushes. Tonight I needed a good shave and knew what was needed.

I followed by usual prep with the Nivea face wash and Proraso pre shave cream - this time choosing the white sensitive as it goes well with the ES Natural cream. Briefing done.

Arming my now favourite Fatboy with a fresh 7 O'clock green blade and I was ready for battle.

Setting 3 dialled in and I was over the top. A 3 pass shave, back to WTG, XTG and ATG with a few touch ups and I was done. During the touch ups I did my newly learned Al Pacino chin tuck with the result being a BBS finish.

The lather was great at providing a good line of defence with good cushion and slickness.

I had to call for a medic briefly, with the styptic pencil flying in and back out for a brief second after a little weeper made an appearance. But hardly worth mentioning.

A final splash with Thayers and Nivea 2 Phase had the enemy obliterated.

Improvise, adapt, overcome...

A really good shave tonight with me sitting here rubbing my face and smiling.

Now shouting for my 2nd in Command to refill my tumbler with Drambuie!

Have a great night folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD : 7th October 2018.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Erasmic ~ Pure Bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.

Blade: Dorco ~ ST300.(2)

Razor: Lord ~ L125.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ 4711 ~ A/S Cologne.

Gillette ~ Sensitive A/S Balm.

Greetings,

Only half a day at the mill today, having got most of our work done yesterday.

A wonderful relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report.

Recently after a ruthless den clear out i've started to add shaving kit i've hardly used. The vast majority of my shave set-ups are very in-expensive, today showed me again that you don't need to spend a small fortune to get a good shave.

I was fortunate to have some of my kit passed on to me.The Lord L125 is just one of them that pairs up well with the non-aggressive Dorco ST300. i've mentioned it's not the sharpest of blades, but it's very smooth, so extra buffing doesn't cause any irritation, I also have a Rimei Plastic click razor,another razor passed on to me that i use as a travel razor and for shaving the back of my neck, the Dorco ST300 blade matches up really well with it, like the Lord L125 giving me acceptable comfortable shaving results..Another DE razor i'll have to add more regular to my razor rotation in future shave set ups.

It's always nice to use my more expensive shaving items in my den, it make me appreciate them more, but i get the same results & enjoyment from either, today was no exception with this very in-expensive shave set up.I never forget my humble beginning's when i first entered into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Gillette ~ Sensitive A/S Balm.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 7/10/2018
0748f1879eb2b4a0ade68a3c9554d814.jpg

[emoji830]️Shannon's Soaps: Rust Belt Reserve Premium - Forest City Fern
[emoji830]️wildwestbrushworks - Ivory Beauty
[emoji830]️karveshavingco Plate: C with Polsilver SI equipped (3)
[emoji830]️Brut Aftershave

First use of this lovely scented fougere, the scent strength is mid strong, green and earthy.
The residual slickness and Post-shave is where this soap is a winner for me. Paired perfectly with Brut after shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom