SOTD : Saturday 6th July - Friday 12th July 2019

Williams Wednesday - 10th July

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2 Band
Williams Mug soap
Schick B1- Repeater Razor
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S lotion.

This early Schick is quite an amazing piece of engineering, but also it is a great shaver too. The B1 has a huge amount of blade feel which warns you not to rush a Shave, IMHO with time and care it is possible to attain the kind of finish that cannot be matched by any other Schick [ with single blade], even an E2.

IMG_0574.jpg

SOTD 20190710.

WyKK6f1.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
MÜHLE “Sea Buckthorn” shaving cream.
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Derby Premium (4).
MÜHLE “Sea Buckthorn” ASB.

• Timeless Stainless steel .95 OC
  • Lord Cool (1)
  • Prep Preshave
  • NOM Black Fibre
  • Martin de Candre Agrumes
  • Loris E-025
The first shave using the Agrumes, great smell, rich with lemons and bergamot, great slickness, and foamy like mad, a bowl full with just a little effort. The Timeless is teetering on the edge of almost comfortable, and way over the edge in the range of bloodthirsty the moment you are a tiny bit thoughtless shaving. I wonder if the .68 version is just as harsh as i read somewhere the bladegap is not what defines aggression.

Wednes
day's Shave

Preshave: Henro de Pravia
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Maggards Synthetic
Razor: Mongoose SE
Blade: Feather Pro
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: Hermes Equipage

Got a new handle for the Mongoose and that definitely suits it. The blade was about spent but still a nice shave I have stubble that could blunt anything.

Wednesday2.jpg

10/7/19

Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP Laser Etched (2)
Brush - Yaqi Fan Tuxedo
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

Today I used exactly the same other ingredients as I did for yesterday's shave but with the newer laser etched Astra SP to see whether it is different to the older double printed one. In today's shave I found there was less resistance with the newer Astra SP, with it being smoother than the older one. I think there is a slight difference between both of the ASP's, a very slight one but the newer one being a slightly better performer.

A very good lather with the Palmolive Menthol again and another excellent shave.

Have a good day chaps.

Wednesday 10th July
Alpha T400 - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #2 - Alum - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - Blue Stratos EDT
SP4oPo2.jpg

Debut of the beautiful Alpha T400, with an Arctic Fox knot, which was a generous prize/gift from Steve T aka @Vlasta
It has a smaller diameter and very slightly higher loft compared to the Outlaw knot. Hence it has less backbone. It produced a very easy luxurious lather with the Wickhams and was a pleasure to use plus it looks great.

10/07/19
Pre shave Prep: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaqi Familia Sagrada
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor Rockwell 6S #4
Blade: Rapira Platinum LUX (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: E45 / Bart's Peppermint Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol

6S YFS 1912SH.jpg

Nice and easy does it!

The little Yaqi really works well, enough lather mixed up for more than 4 passes after about 25 seconds swirling in the soap. It easily whips up in the bowl.
3 Passes with the 6S without issues, very comfortable, I think I will easily get another shave from the blade. I am finding these RPL blades very smooth, although as said previously they do not seem over sharp. At no time have I been worried I could nick myself.
A nice post shave feel and I have used up the last of the Bart's Peppermint Lotion, I finished the Peppermint Balm the other day for me the Lotion goes a lot further than the balm.
I will probably not invest in the full bottles yet as I have others I prefer the scent of. I do like the post shave cooling feel but i am still finding it a bit sweet for me.
I finished off with the OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol giving that lovely cooling feeling.
BBS result and my face is very smooth and supple.
Have a great day All

Date:- 10 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable / NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Back
Top Bottom