Shave of the day. 10th July.

Prep ~ MWF Soap
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx
Blade ~ Wizamet Polsilver Stainless
Soap ~ MWF + 2 drops of lavender EO to the lather
Brush ~ Semogue 2018 LE Badger
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Penhalligon's Sartorial

I'm still enjoying the one soap for a month challange, ten days in with the MWF and all is well, it's given me a greater respect for this wonderful soap.
A cracking shave from the fab Cx fitted with my favourite blade.

Have a great day folks...........P.

Sundays shave

Musgo real bath soap on a rope for my shower

Razor merkur progress 3passes setting 5 3 1 1st bbs shave ive had since de shaving only started last year one small nick

Shaving cream tobbs grapefruit sample very good lather but to me smells like burnt plastic

Shaving brush omega boar

Aftershave nivea shaving balm with kouros afterwards

This was the second time ive used the merkur very impressed blade was a asco

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_120047.jpg
    IMG_20190710_120047.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
937fad08989d78e0b1dd58a5a79e84c9.jpg

a2d658634cac26d4051b8bc0bd82e02f.jpg

Enviado através do Tapatalk Pro

I've been reading about cold water shaves and thought I'd give it a go.

I went back to basics - no shower, just lots of cold water on the face to moisten the hair. Cold water bloom on the soap applied to face while the Edwin Jagger DE89 with Astra blade and EJ synthetic silvertip brush were soaking in cold water. The soap lathered up great. I love Phoenix and Beau soaps and Imperial Rum provided with a fantastic smooth shave. Rinsed with cold water, let the face rest for around 15 minutes and finished off with the P&B lotion.

Lovely stuff and cold shaving is really growing on me, I don't think I'll be going back!

Wednesday evening

OSP Bay Rum
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Feather Professional
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

A lovely shave tonight. I found that a different technique pays dividends with this razor: a first pass which was multi-directional; with the grain across the chops, moustache and neck, whilst across the grain over the chin. The second pass against the grain over the chops and moustache and across the grain for the neck and chin. This was dictated by the direction of hair growth. A final buffing to finish.

This, for me, has led to less propensity for nicking, as opposed to separate passes (with, across and against) for the whole face.

DFS and cool as the Snake Bite is...

E1071A73-9B90-44F3-A6F3-BBB79904808F.jpeg

For this day Wednesday 10th June 2019 I decided that the theme for today's shave was to be 'The Great Rock and Razor Swindle'

1980 saw the release of the mockumentary film and album from the Sex Pistols 'The Great Rock and Roll Swindle' which really just confirmed everything we already knew. The Sex Pistols were more of a product than they were a band. However being the hardened punk and a die hard Pistols fan I just saw it as another great record and a film with a humorous piss taking slant. Yes indeed it was the 'Great Rock and Roll Swindle' but many were quite happy to live with the fact,

In 2002 Porter Stansberry received a shave by an Italian barber and started off down the road of creating the 'OneBlade', The great razor swindle. No longer would one be required to learn any skill set and no longer would blood be drawn in the name of learning how to shave properly. Very much in the way the Sex Pistols killed understanding music. However being the hardened shaving fan I just saw it as a piss taking shaving implement which just happens to be good at what it does and many are quite happy to live with the fact.

Just incredibly boring

Who killed Bambi shaving - OneBlade Genesis V1
Silly thing - Feather FHS-10
You need hands a brush - RazoRock 400
Anarchy in the UK shaving creams - OSP Vintage scent
Something else - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

This evening I couldn't really be bothered with getting too involved in the world of DE's or SE's which needed some kind of care and attention being exercised. This evening was based on laziness and feeling happily swindled. Over to the OneBlade Genesis and its ability to take the skill out of shaving, the fun out of mirror life and yet capable of delivering wow factor with the results.

So damn boring one doesn't even get the thrill of trialling blades or suffering blood loss in the process as they resolved that issue by making it unique to one blade and one blade only. Thank heavens it just happens to be a pretty fine blade even if it suffers a longevity shorter than the scent of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, and that takes some achieving.

The cream is one of those 'nearly extinct' items in the world, OSP Vintage scent. I wonder how long it will be before the last shave using OSP? Another great swindle. James @OSP launches one of the best shaving mediums on the planet then sods off leaving us all high and dry but still we are blessed to be able to enjoy his wonderful products until they are all gone and all what will remain are empty tubs full of past joy.

Mix and match all this lot together and the end result is one brilliantly close and pleasing shave minus any skill or sense of achievement. However I left the bathroom feeling refreshed and smoother than a tub of OSP. Did I mention how rare it........................................................I did indeed.

The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime adding a real touch of sophistication to an otherwise unsophisticated shave. Very happy with this new edition to the cabinet and a lovely light, fresh scent for the summer. Now where is this summer thing.......?

Have great shaves you forum folk and once again a happy 10th birthday to TSR

Last edited:
20190711_023526_compress20.jpg
Razor: Vintage british bakelite
Blade: Lancet stainless (4)
Brush: Wilkinson sword
Soap: Maca root & aloe
Preshave: Astral original

Shaved late for this shave as i don't start work till late afternoon, helped my friend move in to his new house when i returned home thought i'd shave get it out the way.

Decided to use one of my vintage bakelites (did i mention i love bakelite razors) i used a Lancet blade on it's 4th shave that i last used 2 months ago, i thought it would be tuggy as these blades are average at best but surprisingly it pushed through and i was left with a really smooth face i guess due to the assistance from the maca root, unfortunately this was the last shave from this blade.

Inspired by one of the previous posts i had a cold water shave and everything seemed to work well might try it more often.

Oh here's some bonus pictures of my razor's case which i adore.
20190711_020438_compress79.jpg
20190711_014119.jpg
20190711_014219.jpg
Happy shaves gentlemen :)

SOTD : 11th JULY 2019.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword.

Bowl: Tesco's (UK) Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Proraso White Sensitive.

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium.(3)

Razor: Muhle R41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL +Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

When i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving like everyone else i was totally naive and inexperienced and jumped in with both feet buying various shaving items based solely on the looks rather than knowing anything about them and because everyone else had them on display in their SOTD set ups.

My first few early experiences with the muhle R41 '2013 version' where to be honest horrible! i had nicks & irritation with every shave. I purchased the R41 on impulse at the time i thought the seller may have sent me a 'faulty razor' thinking this was why it was so aggressive for me or i was using a dodgy batch of blades however, it never accured to me that the major contributor to my horrible first outings with the Muhle R41 was down to 'yours truly', through ignorance, lack of good preparation technique, & shaving confidence of which in my case i was lacking in all.

The R41 alone has taught me to train my mind to "Shave the lather from my face,rather than the stubble," adding to that,using the weight of the razor and blade without adding any pressure at all,with this in mind my shaves with the R41 vastly improved,after that i applied this train of thought each time i shaved regardless if the razor was aggressive or non-aggressive, with patience respect of the razor & gaining my shaving confidence i was rewarded with sublime error free shaves.

The R41 is an aggressive/efficient razor, or should i say can be aggressive if the person shaving with it makes it aggressive. Any razor can be aggressive and cause irritation & give you nicks if you don't treat it with respect ,learn your technique and gain shaving confidence and don't become a complacent shaving idiot blaming the problems you've created on your shaving items.With my shaving experience growing i found mastering my technique and gaining my shaving confidence the assertive muhle R41 is actually better than a milder razor for reducing irritation as it mows through stubble more efficiently requiring less passes.

My shave today i only required 2 passes + a pick up pass for a 'BBS' shave ,normally i do a 3 pass + a pick up pass to get the near same results. As always razor choices and opinions are very subjective.A superb efficient semi-open comb german made razor which will always be a firm favourite of mine.

The Proraso Sensitive Soap provided me with slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel. Out of the 3 proraso soaps i've tried i find the sensitive the best for its slickness.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood aftershave balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom