Brush: RR 400 Plissoft
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Razorock GC 0.84
Blade: NOS Perma Sharp Supreme (4)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: E45 & Barts Peppermint lotion
Aftershave: Floïd SE MV

20190706_111233.jpg
Another very close comfortable shave, with nice pre and post shave.
Have a great day All

Well I haven't had a shave since Friday July 5th...vacation has a way of doing that to you. First day back at work and time to get that sorted. iKon Deluxe OC was the perfect tool for this job and loaded up with a fresh Personna Lab Blue it was efficient and super smooth. I have been on a run of iKon gear lately with some more joining the collection.

Soap of the day was Stirling Executive Man a great at work scent and inspired by Creed Aventus...enough said. Great performing soap as all Stirling soaps are and topped off with the matching AS just a great start to any day. Chubby 1 whipped up a luxurious lather and off to work getting rid of the scruff!

Beautiful two pass DFS/BBS shave was achieved this day. The weight of that bulldog handle and the Deluxe OC are a match made! Finished off with some English Laundry London EDP (which is a Creed Aventus like scent - by my nose) and off to the office.

Enjoy the day all and happy shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5
Razor: iKon Deluxe OC
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry London8739B86F-B62F-4A94-A44A-3E3E5870856B.jpeg

Tuesday SOTD

Meissner TremonIa Lavender Deluxe (paste)
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84
Astra SP (1)
L'oreal Birch Sap Balm
Joop! Homme EdT

Astra SP considerably smoother in the Game Changer than RapIra and Blue Diamond blades. Although, not as smooth as a Silver Blue.
Lavender Deluxe performs faultlessly and has quite a potent lavender scent. It lathers very easily and almost instantly.
Three days growth removed with very little effort.
Finished with Joop! Homme - it suits slightly cooler weather imo.

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, and cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: NA.
Razor: Pils 101NE.
Blade: Feather
Post: Cold water, Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent, Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel..
EDP: Molinard Cuir.

mdc.jpg

Many thanks to @chris.hale for his tips on getting the sweet-spot with the Pils; in terms of efficiency its been hit and miss for me lately. I suspect I was shaving just on the wrong side of too shallow an angle. I have been shaving with the handle at circa 30 degrees (from the horizontal - much better :)

Today a 3 pass shave - WTG, XTG and ATG - close to a BBS finish, with no issues to report. I have not finished with Myrsol Metilsol for a while; good feedback (tingle).

All the best,

Chris

09/07/19

Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Simpsons Grosvenor Mixed
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde
Pre: Wilko Oil
ASB: Boots Freshwood
ASL: Boots Freshwood

I'm not convinced a T-rex could shave, even if it wanted to. I'm happy to be corrected though.

Great shave tonight. The Mondial smells great and the Grosvenor is a great brush for croaps. A very easy BBS finish from 3 passes. Freshwood is the scent for tonight.

1162b30acd7ca658301f2613a24f0dc0.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom