SOTD : Saturday 6th July - Friday 12th July 2019

SOTD 20190707.

kto0irB.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Omega Via Barberia "Aquae" shaving cream (sample).
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Derby Premium (1).
Loris "E-31" EdP (== Bvlgari Black).

Sunday 7 July

Soap - Lea Cream
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (laser Etched) 1
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

Another shave where aside from the blade the other variables are pretty much fixed from the ones I used a few days ago to test a few blades. Today I tried a new/old blade, the Astra SP. A blade I am reasonably familiar having used a fair number of the 'old' ones, ie the ones before they were laser etched. I've read a few things with some stating the newer ones do not perform like the older ones and I was intrigued to find out whether it is true or not. In today's shave I found the reverse with the laser etched one being a touch smoother than the older one, but like with my all attempts I never take it too seriously as I find it very difficult to keep variables fixed to make an accurate assessment. Nonetheless, a really great smooth and comfortable shave today.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

07/07/19

Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: C&E Moroccan Myrrh
Pre: Pears
ASB: RSC
ASL: Superdrug Forest Fresh

Back to the DE and time to take the Rockwell for its first spin having sat patiently for 3 months in the den. I chose to start with the R4 plate as this seems to be a universally preferred plate and I seem to fit the portrait of Mr Average in the shaving world.

Having returned to some bad habits with the Oneblade, I picked up a couple of nicks under my chin. I was still a little patchy after pass 3 (ATG) so went in for a buffing run, probably with a little too much pressure. I thought my face might fall off briefly when I applied the aftershave!!!

Despite the stinging and bloody return, the 6C handled well and the Gillette Platinum seems like a nice blade in it after the first shave. I'm looking forward to trying this razor some more. The C&E shave cream is also superb!

I'm sporting a DFS with no further singing from my skin.

b076f809163597518ddd2a45b2de0727.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sunday 7th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Short & Bell d'Ardenne Persia Shaving Soap
Simfix Synthetic Brush
Eversharp/Schick I1 with a Schick twin blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Al-Rehab Oudy EDP

In a rush this morning ....so a late post. 2 passes for a perfect result. It was just too easy. That is the main reason I seldom use the Schick Twin blades. It's all over before I have started (sounds familiar:()

Sun 7th July

Cyril Salter/ Maseto ED. 2band
P & B Citra Royale
Occams V2 - No 2 plate
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S lotion

Another Shave with the quirky Occams, which actually delivers without any problems some of the best Shaves ever. Really a treat today with a super lather being worked up with ease.

IMG_0563.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom