SOTD : Saturday 6th July - Friday 12th July 2019

Donga Shave at Camp in Great Sandy Desert

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Kind of Oud
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Back at the camp with the unholiest hard water. Trialled addition of Citric acid as a softening agent to lather water.
It made a tangible improvement to the lather - still not up to normal standards, but acceptable.

The improved lather allowed me to go for a third ATG pass, whereas I normally cut my losses and stick with two passes at this location.
Ended up with a very nice BBS shave. I could also tell that the lather and subsequent shave was improved by the skin sensation when I applied the Alt Innsbruck Emulsion post-shave.
It is normally a bit of damage control, but on this occasion, it was simply a delightful bracing finale.

Yes Ian, it was a nearly a new puck of MWF, well it was a new one that had been mashed together with my old puck that was coming to an end so maybe slightly bigger than from the wrapper! I will take photos none the less to see how much of a dent I put in the soap. I don't bloom or soak the soap, I just take a very damp brush to it and within two miniutss I have a stable creamy slick lather.
Some of the first Shave of the day photos had just the soap out of the pot so you can see how the soap started.
I thought it would be hard to stick to one soap only but because it's a fantastic soap I'm not wishing I was using another, it's very slick and only has a clean light smell ( T o my nose ) so doesn't get too much.
If the shave police came knocking in a different time than today I could quite easily use the state controlled shaving soap called "The Fat" that would be handed out once every six months along with a Special Tech and locked blade while soft background music played as the meds were handed out!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the sucsess of your water softening compound - Bush Chemistry! I hope you are well mate. P.

That was a splendid read over my first cup of tea of the day. You are in a rich vein of form Iain.

SOTD : 7th JULY 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Ingram Menthol shaving cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium.(1)

Razor: Gillette ~ 1950's Ball End Tech.

Cold Water face & head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Euro Version.)

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday Face & head shave.

I've only recently had my vintage gillette tech's returned to me after been loaned out to a work mate for quite a long time.The 1950's ball end tech is a superb razor paired together with the polsilver s.i. was a excellent duo mowing through my face & head stubble effortlessly.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling 'Kojak Smooth' & smelling old school devine.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.

07/07/19
Pre shave prep: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaqi Familia Sagrada
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Razorock GC 0.84
Blade: NOS Perma Sharp Supreme (3)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
Aftershave: JPG Le Male'

Sunday morning shave, todays razor of choice is the Gamechanger loaded with a NOS 1960's Perma Sharp Supreme. A very smooth blade.
Like all the 1912 soaps I have used a well fragranced lather mixed up in no time with the little Yaqi.
Not a lot to go at today so only 2 passes needed. WTG and a XTG/ATG mix, no buffing required.
A nice Post shave routine leaving me with a fantastic overall shave today.
Feeling good, Smelling good and ready to visit the Mothership.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Last edited: