SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Thur 11th January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Merkur Progress
Personna S/S Blue ( 1 )
Pitralon A/S lotion

DE Shave !!
A couple of days ago I answered a query about a suitable container for a Progress LH when travelling, and took photos of the Razor and pouch. Having dug the Razor out , I was tempted to try out my first DE Shave in 3+ years.
So today with a bit of apprehension I gave it a go. With a setting on 3 and a nice lather, I was rather surprised at how well the Shave went , in fact quite quickly too. I guess over the the and changing between different types my techniques have improved. I might well try a few more Shaves with this and the Futur, as I still have a stock of these Lab Blues.

Last edited:
Agree, some bristle brushes are softer than others, but all will be rougher than synthetic. I use both types. Our forefather could only use natural products but today we have choice, some might argue too much choice. Also, how keen we are to “save the environment“ and natural will be better long term than synthetic in this respect. Unless you are a badger or boar of course and don’t want to have to go around bare arsed in the cold weather

That’s an interesting double ended razor Chris, looks like it could shave face and groin at the same time, depends how tall you are but I’m sure you’d manage

Thursday 11 January

Simple combo today,
Williams soap
Tatara
Super Silver 3x
Simpsons Wee Scot

Soap gives a good lather but tends to dry quickly so in order no to rush I work cheeks and neck separately. The soap also leaves a mild irritation.
The blade is still excellent and the Tatara needs no more superlatives than it has already received.
The Wee Scot is a bit of an enigma to me. Why make a brush this small? Travel brushes don’t need to be quite this small. It spreads lather no problem but isn’t cheap. Perhaps it is made by apprentices learning their trade?

Have a great day fellas!

11/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road

The Blutt is in my top 3 DE razors (I've tried a few).
A cracking shave today, the Mühle knot is fantastic - pity i dropped and chipped it a while back, i may put it in another handle.
This blade has completed 5 full shaves in total so far, still very smooth, although it has been banked as i have plenty of blades and next weeks razors deserve a fresh blade.
Enjoy your day all.

11/1/24

Soap - Kent
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - Gillette Red Tip
Blade - Astra Stainless
AS - Boots Freshwood

I'd read a lot of things about the elusive Red Tip and today was my first time using it. I'd read it is one of more efficient razors Gillette made, but to my surprise it was actually quite a bit less efficient than I was expecting but it was fairly smooth in the shave nonetheless. I'm not entirely sure but I've quite taken to the TTO's I have used, I definitely prefer 3 piece razors.