SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

I find Protouch MG blades feel benign in use compared to say, Proline's, Chris.
When used with a Hawk V3 'A' plate, they still felt smooth, but performed a bit better.
Would you say your Evolution is equal to Hawk V3 Standard or A plate?
I bet a Cobra would liven up the MG blade!
It's been a while since I last used my Hawk but if my memory serves me correctly I'd say the Evo is closer to the A plate. I'm going to try another MG to see if it makes a difference.

This evening's shave. And a wonderful one at that and so it is themed 'Aye lad, tha wa' crackin'

20220307_175554-01.jpeg

Ey up it's a razor - Tha fucking ferret Mongoose
Aye it's a mardy bloody blade - Feather Proguard
Put t'wood on chops - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Face lard - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Tha knows about slap - L'Occitane Cade

'Aye. Tha blok taks a lod a ol' shite'

Back from Yorkshire and why not go with a soap named after the place I have just returned from. Brian you're a genius. Wicstun, and what a super choice.

Choose a razor the equal of the soap, choose life, choose the Mongoose. And believe me you'd struggle to get a Mongoose down thas trousers. I have no idea how many shaves this particular blade has seen but it just goes on and on. And so do I.

So I shall finish by saying though shalt fuckest off, but I do so feeling smooth and wonderfully shaved to happiness.

Oooops

I nearly forgot the traditional Japanese ladies. And for this evening it's Trident and their over enthusiastic tub thumper

Tue 8 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Year of Tiger
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Old Spice Original
This soap has a light pleasant scent but the best is the lather...really rich, creamy, and slick...vegan base.
A good shave with the razor paired with this blade. Uneventful, smooth enough comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent!
20220308_112206.jpg

SOTD : 8th March 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

It's been a while since i last added the katana to my razor rotation The Euromax half blades isn't the most aggressive blade but is a good matched with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Tuesday 8th March
Alpha Outlaw - Wickham Club Cola - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
PsuZoL2.jpg

Monday 7th March

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

It was all going so well until I sliced my jawline. Alum couldn't cope. Never mind - I'm still bloody ugly!

Last edited:
SOTD 08-Mar
20220307_114709.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: GFT Eucris
Razor: CB Karve (C)
Blade: Nacet (4)

Thought I'd take a walk through some of my more mild razors, so out came the C plate. Definitely prefer the D/E but there's something to be said for the occasional razor that you can slap around your face with nary a fear.

3 passes for a smooth finish, blade is dead and buried but I do like the nacets, still prefer GSBs but they're a good back up.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 8th March

EJ Large STF (V1) - Proraso Red - Pearl Blaze/Treet Platinum - Proraso Sandalwood AS - The Essence Vault 283 (Creed Viking) EDP

Continuing my journey with Treet blades and today it was the turn of the Platinum. A very nice shave indeed. The blade is sharp and very smooth right from the word go.
The brush knot is a little squashed as it has been at the bottom of my work locker for more years than I care to remember. Hopefully it will return to it's proper shape over time.....it still works perfectly though!
3 passes for a really excellent result :)

275098810_276007581207483_8950454653305502413_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Brut Shower Gel
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Bruuuuuut! This shower gel is the real deal - a full-on hit of Brutiness that pairs wonderfully with the ASL for total coverage.

I couldn't feel more like Kevin Keegan if if I had a perm and was getting beaten up with a baseball bat in a layby after falling asleep in my car while simultaneously appearing on national TV spouting a furious diatribe after being wound up by a bulbous-nosed alcoholic football manager from Govan!

love it GIF

I've been thinking about moving the Fine Marvel on, as (a) it gets little use and (b) it's hard work sometimes to get a close finish without claret! Today however - helped in no small part by the Mogno lather and the Titan's forgiving nature - everything clicked for a superb shave. Dare I say the shave of the year so far :unsure: Definitely far more

and far less
keegan.gif

I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from the man himself to ponder over as you go about your day:

“I know what is around the corner – I just don’t know where the corner is.” ;)

Attachments

• keegan.gif
    keegan.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 275098810_276007581207483_8950454653305502413_n.jpg
    275098810_276007581207483_8950454653305502413_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3
Good morning all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Karve Brass
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd use)
Cream, Arko Blue
A/S, Zingari Merchant

The cream lathered up well. A cool scent not overpowering. Provided a nice surface to work on.

I did my usual 3 grain pass. Zero issues, no cuts / weepers / irritation etc. A nice clean and close shave. The Zingari went on and I am unsure about the scent. I will see if it grows on me.

Have a good day all.

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom