SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Night time is the right time. Or Saturday night fever. Or something.

Semogue 820 boar
Gothic Revival soap, splash and balm. Razorock Hawk V3A and a Schick Proline P-30 on its 5th outing. Maybe I was too quick to dismiss this blade. The last 2 shaves in the Hawk with this have been smooth and error free when used with a good soap like Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti or Wickham Gothic Revival. A lovely evening shave to wind down with after going to see the fireworks with my godson, who proudly announced that he'd just had his first shave (with a Gillette cart...) and wanted me to stroke his face to check the quality LOL! He was probably BBS before the shave bless him, but at over 6' he is pretty big for his age. My first mission was to remove 40h of stubble to get my phisog as smooth as his, which the above shave delivered. Now I just need to corrupt him into proper shave gear.

And here is a lazily and unimaginatively composed photo of the gear in question
But at least there's a nice colour theme going on. I smell far too good to be going to bed now.
20221105_225121.jpg

Sun 6
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2-Band Badger
Razor AC Shavette
Blade KAI Capt. Titan Mild Protouch MG 6th
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
A very slick and creamy lather from this soap...whip up easily and blissfully on the face with the excellent compact badger brush...love it! A relaxing, comfortable, and very smooth 3pass shave with this razor and blade pairing for a dfs finish and pure pleasure...
20221106_110029.jpg

SOTD: 6th November 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick-ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut Original ASL+ Splash-On Lotion. /Cien Sensitive ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning paired together wonderfully.

The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon citrus scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception that I've used the scent vanishes after I have done my cold-water face rinse.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/ T7DP was another smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adj performance on the higher settings give a superb efficient comfortable shave.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 6th November

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ATT SE1
Feather Proguard [ 8 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

Not a bad Sunday morning Shave, as was worried that the blade on its 8th outing might pull a bit. Apparently a few folk think that it is a characteristic of this blade, but no such problems in this RazorIMG_0244.jpeg

8750E034-F047-4590-B01D-1D6752609A45.jpeg
SOTD: 06/11/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm

Felt like a treat and so used one one my kindly gifted Wilkinson sword blades with my Hone 15 to spectacular results. This is the soap that pushed me into wet shaving after a gift of a traditional wet shave present at a barber for Father’s Day a few years back. I bought the soap straight after, then started researching what might be best for me, (I decided against the traditional straight or shavette) I settled on a cheap DE and dived into the rabbit hole soon after!
Anyway a great shave was had and I still love this soap and splash, one of the strongest scents I own.
Enjoy your Sunday guys.

Sotd 05/11
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA chocolate bourbon CK-6
Splash: PAA chocolate bourbon
Balm: PAA chocolate bourbon

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: PAA starcraft
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: Gillette london bridge 1st use

Had a great 3 pass shave yesterday went for chocolate bourbon and amazing scent paired the karve with a gillette london bridge and yeah pleasantly suprised the blade worked really well all in a great shave
20221105_161403.jpg20221105_161909.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday November 6, 2022
Razor: Blackbird Ti
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vintage Burma Boar
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,461

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take it's course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take it's course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !
I'm sorry to hear that Dave. My thoughts are with you all.

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

My thoughts and wishes to your father and yourself during this difficult time.

Stay as well as you can Dave

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

I'm sorry to read of this sad event for your family, I wish you all well in this difficult situation.

Take care Dave.

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take its course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !
My thoughts are with you and your family at what is a very difficult time.

Back
Top Bottom