SOTD : Saturday 4th July - Friday 10th July 2020

Sunday 5th July
Alpha T400 - OSP Bay Rum - Schick G1 - Schick Proline B #3 - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
asBzFGF.jpg

Last edited:
05/07/20
Pre: Cold water face wash 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (9)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Executive
View attachment 56700
A nice easy shave this morning, cold water, face lather and 3 passes, BBS and comfortable.
The Wickham's soap giving me a lovely lather and the brush holding more than enough for the shave, the General V2 carrying out his duty with ease.

An earlier than usual shave today, i need to get my Darlin' up to the Emergency Dept, she had quite a nasty fall yesterday and twisted her ankle, as she still cannot put any weight on it we need to get it checked out and x-rayed.
I think i am going to be a busy boy for the next week or so.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Hi Tony,
At least by the sounds of things she will not be stuck in Hospital , but you will need to brush up on Housekeeping/cooking Skills. Have just gone through such a Phase with my wife - she is recovering now thank heavens. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Mike B

Sun 5th July.

Cyril salter / MS. Ed2band
Vitos Super Red
RazoRock S/S Hawk V3/OC- Super Knurl handle
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Just got an A Plate for this Hawk which I had found a bit fierce on previous Shaves. On a whim I decided to give it a further go, but with the longer Super Knurl handle [90mm] borrowed from my other Hawk. Very hard to believe, but the Shave was quite smooth and comfortable with a good close all round finish. Must now try the Hawk V3/A plate with the HD handle to see how that goes.

IMG_0852.jpg

5 July 2020 – morning, after recovering from finishing greenhouse frame …
One day growth, good three pass shave – Stirling special Sunday treat and a Wilkinson Salon blade. Too lazy to take pic.

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Salon
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum – Stirling Coconut & Lime ASB

Sun 5th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Almond
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice nice lather always from CC soaps. Face lathering with the excellent brush produces a creamy and slick lather. The almond scent is more obvious than Cella.
Shave with the 77 WTG was ok...smooth but not efficient. Barely remove much. XTG was better but attempted ATG and gave up. So...2 passes and barely CCF. Good news is no nicks nor weepers.
Not satisfied so used a loaded Gillette New SC with Polsilver and went for 1atg pass. Suffered some minor irritation (redness) and seems like creepers. Ice water rinse followed by Thayers and Hyaluronic and Reuzel makes it a better feeling. Rating today 7/10....
20200705_172619.jpg
20200705_181311.jpg

05/07/20
View attachment 56700
A nice easy shave this morning, cold water, face lather and 3 passes, BBS and comfortable.
The Wickham's soap giving me a lovely lather and the brush holding more than enough for the shave, the General V2 carrying out his duty with ease.

An earlier than usual shave today, i need to get my Darlin' up to the Emergency Dept, she had quite a nasty fall yesterday and twisted her ankle, as she still cannot put any weight on it we need to get it checked out and x-rayed.

Hope she makes a swift recovery Tony.

Thanks for all the thoughts and best wishes. Managed to get her in the car and up the hospital where they kicked me out as I am not allowed to wait for her.
Covid rules.
At least she is in there. Busmans holiday as it's where she works!
T

Good to hear your wife is in the right place which is more than you are by the sounds of things

05/07/20
View attachment 56700

Ice and elevation, Tony.

Sandalwood Sunday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - New Forest
Razor - Merkur 34
Blade - Treet Platinum (3)
Post - Kouros AS followed by some moisturiser with SPF

A nice three pass shave today. Previously I'd struggled to get three days comfortable use out of the trees blade. It wasn't too bad today on the third use, just one weeper under the chin.

IMG_7830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom