Good evening everyone.

Pre-Rugged Man Bath Soap
Soap- Signature Soaps Danum
Brush- Yaqi Werewolf Synth
Razor- Yaqi DOC
Blade- Gillette Ruby #5
Post- Cold Water Splash. Osma Alum
Balm- Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

I rarely shave twice in 24 hours but there's only so much I can take of Mrs Merchant Seamans TV viewing habits.
First time with an OC razor which I received from @Boycie83, thanks Chris.
This razor has a cracking aluminium handle and is so lightweight and manoeuvrable. It's a joy to use.
@BrianH 's soap is second to none and I can guarantee that I will still have the patchouli scent on my skin tomorrow afternoon.
I probably shouldn't have used this razor after only shaving yesterday evening. I'm a little blotchy after the shave, hopefully after the alum rub and the balm kick in all we be well.

Stay safe everyone and keep smiling.

Ah she still loves me

B25FA133-EC96-45D0-8E67-A088FD9492A3.jpeg

Good evening everyone.

Pre-Rugged Man Bath Soap
Soap- Signature Soaps Danum
Brush- Yaqi Werewolf Synth
Razor- Yaqi DOC
Blade- Gillette Ruby #5
Post- Cold Water Splash. Osma Alum
Balm- Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

I rarely shave twice in 24 hours but there's only so much I can take of Mrs Merchant Seamans TV viewing habits.
First time with an OC razor which I received from @Boycie83, thanks Chris.
This razor has a cracking aluminium handle and is so lightweight and manoeuvrable. It's a joy to use.
@BrianH 's soap is second to none and I can guarantee that I will still have the patchouli scent on my skin tomorrow afternoon.
I probably shouldn't have used this razor after only shaving yesterday evening. I'm a little blotchy after the shave, hopefully after the alum rub and the balm kick in all we be well.

Stay safe everyone and keep smiling.

Ah she still loves me

View attachment 56716
The letter at the end....:oops::oops:

05/07/20

Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: dscosmetics 26mm 2B
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta CK6
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: Alcolado Glacial & Floïd Vigaroso
ASB: Proraso Blue

View attachment 56715

Final shave with the Wolfman and a lovely 3 pass one it was. This razor has been a pleasure to use but it's time for it to go back to its owner. The Astra Planeta has a nice scent that I struggle to describe (useful, eh?) and the CK6 formula is plenty slick. I like it but I'm not convinced after the first use it's worth the £10 extra over the normal formula.

How did I close the shave you ask? Well, like this:

View attachment 56713

I decided to follow the lead of @Paul L and @Digimonkey and make the Mentally Glacial:

View attachment 56714

Cold rinse after the shave and on it went - there was a fair bit in that little pot and the shock was instant. I could smell it as I inhaled. I wasn't paying attention due to the shock and accidentally wiped some of the concoction across my chest and on to my nipples. So from tits to teeth the cold bit and I screamed the only thing I could at myself in the mirror

Get tae fuck, ya radge wee shite!!

Priceless !

Cold enough to freeze the knockers off a grown man !!!

Sunday AM 2020-07-05

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB Ti/WRH7 Ti
Polsilver Super Iridium (12)
RazoRock XXX aftershave
pPODbvB.jpg

Sunday 5th July

ACtC-3ft3nMxaID3lDCqeSBefkTMhzEHwI9SGU9tUclY2AS3HCi_2gPk3VxVus-2NFewO2oqb4cIOkfdhctm16f5u5Z_ZTr6LJBtHoLGtZXu7vAyRHQAiOlJAtQm-tpl8TKcjtSjQwDGlO_KTvt9YQUQXVQqaw=w1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Derby Shaving Stick (Grated) & AP Shave Co 'Winter' w/Silksmoke 28mm
Shave with PAL (British Made) & Derby Professional (Saloon Blade)
Wash off and touch of Prep​

That was glorious!

Glorious? Erm, when ever was a Derby shave glorious? Did the Large Hadron Collider in fact create black holes and we've been sucked through into some kind of upside down world?

Let's back up and see how this happened ...

Looking back through my SOTD notes, I've used Derby blades before and consistently thought them somewhere between absolute pants and capable of one pretty poor shave. So, you might be wondering why I bought a box of 100 half blades. Well, the answer is: I bought a ROCNEL SE-P which takes those half blades. Sure, I could snap blades in half and indeed I have. But, it's nice to have pre-snapped and Derby is kinda the de facto. Buy anything that takes half a blade and it will come with a pack of Derby.

Throwing caution to the wind, I bought in a pack and tried one in my ROCNEL SE-P. It went okay, but one thing became VERY clear to me: these Derby blades are very sensitive to angle, and I think that's perhaps why they're such a success in shavettes. While I was able to click with the correct angle in the ROCNEL SE-P, it's unlikely that I'll use these blades again in that razor.

So, with a redundant box of 99 Derby blades ...

I decided to try a half in one of my DEs, a late PAL (British Made) with aluminium baseplate. In the picture, it's on a Souplex handle which I particularly like with this razor.

... and you know what? It's a perfect marriage! The Derby can be felt as a little rough, which to some tugs, to other just feels blunt. Angle, remember. Get the angle right and it's actually fine. For one shave. In this razor the angle must be absolutely perfect because I had quite literally a dream shave! Yes, I could feel the blade and yes, I could feel the hairs cutting. But, it was smooth, it was safe. In this razor, you literally cannot cut yourself. The blade protrusion is so slight that blade chatter is kept right down and it feels more like you're shaving with a sharp extension of the top cap - the geometry is absolutely bob-on.

... and so, with one pass I got a proverbial damn fine shave!

I will definitely repeat this combo. Most definitely! I really liked this shave and having a simple one pass (and a few touch ups, although it would be perfectly good for a two or three pass shave) with a blade that is simply binned afterwards, it saves all that anguish over whether or not to go for a second shave out of the blade tomorrow (remember, each side of the regular DE blade get half the strokes of a half blade) and grumbles over why you couldn't get three. The Derby edge seems right for the half blade format - you get one shave and that's that. Done. As it should be in professional scenarios and perfectly good for home.

Cheers! Thanks for reading. I hope your Sunday shaves went well.

Get tae fuck, ya radge wee shite!!

Good effort mate - but you remain a pussy ;) - you are supposed to use the LE version of Floid - in the big bottle - the one with even more menthol. If I had any Fine Snakebite - I'd try that in the mix - the nuclear option I suspect. The banter police would give you 9/10 - spelling all correct - it is indeed shite not shit - tae and not to - but you missed the very highest score - because - radge is an - Embra - Scotia's midden - Edinburgh phrase - no self-respecting Glaswegian would use that. Total Trainspotting pish. Well done though - praise where it is due. @Satanfriendly - pay attention. Ha ha ha - :cool: - I.

She Slipped on the wet floor from the dogs when they had been out at about 5.30am.
She was ready for a 12hr shift as well, although I think she would have preferred to go to work.

All night Stephen, no change this morning so up we went to A&E.
She is back home now with a massive boot on, minimum 6 weeks off.
T
I'm sorry pal. Hope she gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom