SOTD: Saturday 4th January - Friday 10th January 2020.

Date:- 06 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sandpiper
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #9
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Monday 6th January
Alpha T400 - OSP Lemon and Cedarwood - TNNSER 3D Hybrid #1 - GEM SSC #4 - Alum - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
PA2gijO.jpg

06/01/20
Pre: 1912 Classic 24
Brush: JR #355 Maggards Knot
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Rex Ambassador #2.5
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Balm
Aftershave: CK One

P1060002.JPG

A wonderfully close 3 pass shave today.
The Wickams soap is up there with the best of them for me and the Classic is a Favourite.
A quick face wash with the 1912 matching pre shave soap and i was ready.
A very slick lather mixed up with the JR #355 and the scent is just a joy (for me anyway).
A very nice post shave leaving me smooth and smelling very nice indeed.
Enjoy your day All

F713B903-EB66-467E-BAA3-BD76E98B429B.jpeg

SOTD 01/06/20

Excellent shave today with my AS-D2 and Stirling's Glacial Obsidian shaving soap and matching AS. I'm always amazed at the closeness of the shave delivered by this razor. When I first bought the razor, I thought, like many others, that it was too mild. That was until a friend on another board suggested that I only use Feather blades, and that I should experiment with the correct shaving angle. His suggestion to ride the bar throughout the shave provedcogent. I discovered when I did so, that notonly was the razor NOT mild, but that itwas highly efficient. The neutral to slightlynegative blade exposure was at its optimum cutting power when riding the bar. Theresult then, and every day since for me has been a near, if not complete BBS, whenshaving with this razor with virtually no blade feel. Seki's engineers really understand safety razor cutting dynamics.

In conclusion, the Stirling soap combinedbeautifully with PAA's Preshave Cubeprovided a near BBS of both head anddome.
I feel cooool, smooooth, and refreshed!

RAZOR: Seki AS-D2
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Splash

Mon 6th Jan
RazoRock Syn.22mm
P & B Spitfire
ATT SE1
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

Though a Daily Shaver I actually enjoyed today's Shave, as the days rest seemed to make the Shave a bit easier.I cannot see me giving up my daily shaving regime long term , as I do like feeling clean shaven to start the day

Back
Top Bottom