SOTD: Saturday 4th January - Friday 10th January 2020.

Prep: Musco Real Preshave Oil
Bowl: Aesop by Sori Yanagi
Brush: Shavemac ATG “The Rowl”
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lv2 SB Bishop SS
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira Porto

SOTD-20200104.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Beautiful photo

Razor - Colonial General SS
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Semogue 2 Band Taj
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougēre
Post - Thayers Cucumber
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

View attachment 50195

Enjoy your weekend Fellas

And likewise

Well done chaps

7749AA2C-D03C-49E0-8B98-A70EF46289CA.jpeg

SOTD 01/05/20

Really nice relaxing shave this morning with my trusty AS-D2 and a Martin de Candre Vetyver 50g sampler of their shaving soap I received for Christmas from my brother-in-law. I've shaved with their Fougere and Original and quite honestly wasn't impressed given the price of the product, but this Vetyver scented soap whipped up into a thick protective lather, and that scent!! Wow, it bowled me over. I've always been a sucker for Vetiver scents, but have really not indulged since my second wife's fragrance allergy prohibits it. The beauty of this stuff is that it surrounds while shaving and then fades away! I was so entranced by the scent that I really took my time. I only need a two pass shave with this razor. I've pretty much mastered its very narrow sweet spot. My third pass was unnecessary, but it did allow me to relather and luxuriate in that divine scent. The result was a BBS of both dome and face. I feel clean, smooooth, refreshed, and ready for church.

RAZOR: Seki AS-D2 SS
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Martin de Candre Vetyver
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers LavenderWH and finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime

Sunday 5th January

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
P&B Achilles Last Stand Shaving Soap
Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Hammam
Schick I1 with a Proline B
Simple Facial toner
Creighton's Moisturiser
Oud Khalifa EDP

A late post as the internet has been down all day. That also gave my wife (on a New Year cleaning spree) the opportunity to 'tidy up' my kit....thus ensuring no more shaves from my current blade:meh:
3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Prep: Pears transparent soap face wash
Pre shave: Proraso White
Brush: Vulfix 404 mixed badger & boar
Shaving Soap: MWF face lathered
Razor/Blade: Feather ASD2/Feather (3)
ASL: Saponificio Varesino Special Edition Cubebe

DFS 3 pass shave with the ASD2 - not as close as yesterday's shave with the Futur; perhaps I didn't find the right angle today with the Feather. However there was no stinging with either the alum or ASL.

Sunday, 5 January 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Rose
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

A fine 3 pass for a BBS shave; back to work tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend while it lasts, folks.

Sunday

Back-to-work-tomorrow shave

Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette New Standard 1921-28
Gillette Nacet (4)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore after shave

A possible desert island DE shave (assuming that I had a lifetime of blades. And Thayer's. And a mirror. Oh, and fresh water...)

O.K., an anywhere-if-I-had-to-choose-my set-up shave.

Anyhoo...enough rambling. The soap is outstanding. Easily the best high end one I have - come to think of it, the only one, in fact (however, a sample of MdC Original is en route from Shavedash).

This is the third or fourth outing for the Gillette New Standard and it is straight in at number one in DE charts, pop-pickers. A perfect balance of considerable weight and efficiency; and it pairs well with any blade I've used (Nacet, GSB and Med Prep, so far). I'm especially proud to have this one in my rotation.

There are two after shaves/colognes in my collection that go well with the soap: Alt-Innsbruck EdC, and RazoRock's Santa Maria del Fiore. Tonight it was the latter; and the splash picks up that unburnt sweet tobacco note from the SMV.

I believe that RazoRock are located in Canada, but have Italian heritage. The splash's name, I assume, is a direct reference to the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence; a city I love.The soap is sold west of the Cathedral, in SMV's flagship shop located in Via Della Scala (and other satellite shops internationally).
BD2CB123-0E5C-423D-8237-66CAA793382D.jpeg

Last edited:
Festive #sotd on the eve of Epiphany

Pre: Hot water face wash and Nivea Men cream
Soap: Frankinsence and Myrrh, face leathering
Brush: Semogue 1800 / Razormaster, face leathering
Razor: Rugra #100
AS: Frankinsence and Myrrh

Relaxed and comfortable DFS+ shave in three passes (two WTG and an ATG cleanup).

I have grown to like this old little Rugra very much. The old steal keeps a good but mild edge.
_20200105_204244.JPG

05/01/20

Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: TOBS St James
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Pitralon Polar
ASB: Proraso Blue

Fotor_157825201736519.jpg

A relatively cheap shave in comparison to an artisan set up but a great smelling, comfortable and smooth finish.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the L'occitane face soap and Pitralon I received in my Secret Santa.

Back
Top Bottom