SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Wednesday 12.08.21 SOTD

WlRVIYn.jpg

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass/ Nacet
100-year-old handle 20mm Gray Tuxedo Synth
Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Shave Soap & AS

SOTD 08-Dec
20211207_151857.jpg
Brush: DG B11 Snowblivion
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Wolfman WR3 (Standard Head)
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

This is all one man's opinion so take it with a pinch of salt, I am not massively experienced and all of this, as ever, is absolutely subjective.

The razor as mentioned yesterday is a hefty one, so if you're aluminium or Ti leaning, I don't think it's for you. That's not entirely surprising considering the amount of metal in the head. Personally I like the heft. I've had no experience with Wolfman before, but the build quality seems to be excellent.

First pass it was easy to find the angle and with the gentlest of touches it mowed almost everything in its path. Now for the tricky part the lip, the head dimensions look colossal, certainly front to back (as mentioned). So with this in mind on we go. Now I don't have a large nose but it was still tricky to get clearance. This is definitely an east to west, west to east razor for me.

Second pass was uneventful, the lip was cleared in short order, happy days.

Third pass against the grain, now for me this is where I was impressed, the GEM is obviously a very rigid blade and combined with the weight of the razor this thing cleared any remaining hair with no skipping. This I liked.

Post I had a little tenderness, but no more than I've experienced with a fresh blade before, and I don't usually go for the third pass on a fresh one. The finish was exceptional considering this was a first use.

A good overall shave, I feel that the head dimension may be a sticking point for me but we'll see how it plays over the coming days.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Well so much for shaving with a straight razor to force oneself to focus. I thought someone had deleted a year's worth of work off the server without having backed it up first. Backup catalogue was down. I went off to shave with my little half inch "too new to be true" J&W Ragg Napoleon and managed to cut myself about 5 times and I don't mean weepers! Sometimes stress forces its way past your focus and those are not the best days for a cutthroat it would seem!

Partners in crime:
Simpson Commodore BB, Extro Arancia Italiana, Bio oil. I didn't bother with alum.
Hope your day is going better than mine!

And yet another showing for the Ikon B1 in a shave themed 'The boy with chicken in the freezer'

20211207_150958.jpg

Chicken nuggets - Ikon B1
Chicken burgers - Polsilver Lodz
Chicken Kiev - Yaqi Dandelion
Put your cock in the freezer - Menrock Scicilian Lime

Another superb shave with the Ikon. There is a life beyond SE razors, and a good one at that.

Have a lovely day all and stay well and safe.

And have some of these ladies to make your day better

780C250A-2F55-4085-83A5-04819D4F199D.jpeg

Todays shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. …….. Floris No89
Brush. ……. 24mm sivertip 3band
Razor. ……. CB Karve (c) sb
Blade. ……. Gillette Minora (3)
Asb . ………. Floris No89
ASl. ………. Tabac
Edc. ……… Tabac

A cracker of a shave , nice and easy 3 passes for a super smooth face feeler ……. Happy

Stay safe, enjoy your day

Sotd-08-12-21.png
This morning -

razor - Gillette Slim (2)
blade - SuperMax - Super Plat. (3)
brush - Simpson - Special best
soap - La Toja stick
post - rosewater & glycerin
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
balm - Floid.

Seems to be a shave stick week for me. A comment you commonly see about 'entry level' sticks is that they dry the skin out. I thought that too until I learned a couple of things about them. If you paint them on crayon-style it is really easy to apply way too much soap and then fail to hydrate it properly when lathering. Even if you get the right amount they will take much more water than you think possible to bring the lather to optimum. Granted, they will never be as moisturising as an ultra-premium base (formula xx - containing extract of the sarcastic glance of a bilingual organic alpaca - or some other hipster 'miracle cure' for not knowing how to shave properly) but that doesn't matter if you have a skin-appropriate post regime in place. The performance gap between the two doesn't match the price differential in my opinion. De Vergulde Hand for tomorrow I think. Enjoy shaving chaps - yours - I.

Last edited:
706CD672-431B-4B8E-A6D1-C3D266591083.jpeg

SOTD: 08/12/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1 Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb shave from start to finish! I love this razor and for the first time in a while I kept a grip on the handle with ease! This no doubt helped with what was a lovely, relaxing smooth shave.

Well so much for shaving with a straight razor to force oneself to focus. I thought someone had deleted a year's worth of work off the server without having backed it up first. Backup catalogue was down. I went off to shave with my little half inch "too new to be true" J&W Ragg Napoleon and managed to cut myself about 5 times and I don't mean weepers! Sometimes stress forces its way past your focus and those are not the best days for a cutthroat it would seem!

Partners in crime:
Simpson Commodore BB, Extro Arancia Italiana, Bio oil. I didn't bother with alum.
Hope your day is going better than mine!
It’s something iv never tried actually
well i did when i was in my 20’s but not since.
At the moment my head is that far in the rabbit hole the last thing i want to do is have two rabbit holes lol.
They say perseverance is key but i just don’t have the patience

Back
Top Bottom