SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Wednesday AM 2021-12-08
National Time Traveler Day
NbK6Evn.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (12)
RazoRock XXX aftershave
drKGkAq.jpg

Thu 9 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade ShaverBoy Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Abysso Splash
My fav RR soap! It's a great shave soap!
Very nice scent, easy to create a mountainous, creamy, slick lather, and a surprisingly good post-shave feel. All for a very affordable price...awesome! Just missed the matching AS...
One of my fav DE razors too and paired with this blade was a great shave! Very easy, so smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. This blade is good for 2-3 shaves. The aftershaves were terrific too!
20211209_091632.jpg

SOTD : 9th December 2021.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D4)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A fantastic shave to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

The Derby Usta/EJ DE 89 duo has been outstandingly good. Each and every shave with the Derby Usta throughout the week has been smooth comfortable, & efficient. If i didn't have such a vast amount of DE blades to use up i would put an order in for a 100 Derby Usta's instantly.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Proraso pre shave cream (menthol)
Soap: Mitchell's wool fat
Brush: Yaqui Sagrada (not much other choice here... but very happy with that. after 1 year like brand new. will last forever...)
Razor: grandad's Gillette super speed (probably)
Blade: Astra blue

2 passes only. after much experimenting with the Ambassador at low settings I was feeling the blade like hell.
More than a decent shave to present myself to my boss but not enough for a hot date (not in scope in any case)...

Wednesday: InjRzr still with a Schick blade. I tried out the Albion sample, which was quite nice, but took me a while and plenty of water to generate my lather, maybe it was the fairly new Zenith boar. I had a DFS in 2.5 passes, as I couldn't call them pick ups. Brut complements the dial quite well.

Thursday: Back to the Ever Ready 1912 , still with the Gem blade. Thought I'd switch to Stirling Spice so that I could use another scent that my dad probably did, and I certainly did in my teens. Again I went for 2.5 passes (as Wednesday), but definitely BBS this time around. Finished off with Old Spice.

Result: Ever Ready definitely out on top, despite the InjRzr being easier to slap around my mug.

Attachments

• IMG_20211209_093239__01.jpg
    IMG_20211209_093239__01.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211208_095336__01.jpg
    IMG_20211208_095336__01.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 6
SOTD 09-Dec
20211207_150012.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: Wolfman WR3
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Good shave this morning, not much to add on yesterday. The razor feels edge heavy so no pressure is needed. I did develop a little bit of irritation after the ATG pass yesterday (combination of too much pressure and a fresh blade) so stuck to 2 passes today. Good finish and no tenderness afterwards.

Again liking the weight, out of curiosity later I'm going to line up the 2 other moderns and 2 vintages I have, just curious as to how the dimensions compare.

Smooth and refreshed, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom