SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

SOTD 05/12
Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap : PAA chocolate bourbon CK-6
Splash: PAA chocolate bourbon
Balm : PAA chocolate bourbon star jelly
Alum bloc
Brush : alpha outlaw
Razor : Razor rock hawk v3 standard plate
Blade : KAI captain titan mild pink 3rd use

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and another shave with the Hawk also dug the scuttle out and had a warm shave so the bathroom was filled with a warm chocolate scent one of my favourite soaps from PAA great start to a Sunday morning
20211205_113435.jpg20211205_113443.jpg20211205_113512.jpg20211205_113541.jpg20211205_113759.jpg20211205_114052.jpg20211205_114101.jpg20211205_115633.jpg

05/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza

PC040005.JPG
The count dice are showing 4, however, the blade is on shave #5 and still as smooth as butter.
The 6S on plate 3 as smooth and efficient as ever.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sunday, 5 December

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

Finally a shave with a new blade in a warm bathroom—we had to evacuate due to no power (hence no heat / hot water) as a result of Arwen’s damage. Got back home on Friday when power was finally restored, and spent yesterday organising things. A good, three-pass Sunday shave; have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

ZkBYG57.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Vintage NOS Creed Epicea
Razor: Gillette Slim Aristocrat (6, 4, 4)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Old Spice Herbal Cologne Lotion

A terrific shave with a '60s vibe.

38BED91B-1369-4FB6-97E1-A7C22015F9D9.jpeg
Wolf Whiskers Tuxedo
Shulton Old Spice soap
Gillette Fat Handled Tech.
Gillette Platinum (1)
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
Indian Old Spice a/s

The Tech took me a good while to get the hang of. I find it benefits from short precise strokes, and a steep cutting angle.
A true classic.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Razorock
Soap- TOBS Peppermint
Blade-Gillette London Bridge
Razor-Yaqi Knights Helmet*
AS-Trumpers Skin Food
AAS-4711

*I was given this razor last year and finally gave it its first and probably last outing! Despite a brand new blade its a vicious beast and I got away with a couple of nicks. Eventually got tired of battling it and finished off with the Pearl Flexi.

Sotd-05-12-21.png
Yesterday and today -

razor - Leaf Twig
blade - Nacet (4&5)
brush - Simpson Special & Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Squadron - Group Captain's & RazoRock - Puros
post - Anew - Revitalising Micellar Water (whatever the fcuk that might be, made out of mice presumably?)
a/s - Vitos Tobacco
balm - Avon balm/moisturiser
scent - yesterday, none - today, Creed - Tabarome edp.

All good. Wearing Creed to go shopping on a Sunday afternoon might seem a little extravagant - my other half thought so - but it did at least guarantee I was the nicest smelling and best groomed person in the supermarket. Anybody that has been in Tesco Dalmarnock will attest that this is not an unreasonable claim. Mind you, simply 1) bothering to shave at all & 2) not feeling the need to dress displaying an affinity with one or other half of the Glasgow pigskin kicking fraternity pretty much guarantees a podium position just by turning up. Each to their own. A new shaving week beckons, I can feel a return to the vintage razor shelf for the foreseeable. Have great shaves, one and all - cheers - I.

And a happy December to all, and, well why not, a happy pre-Christmas to all. And to start off the shaving festivities for this last month of work for me, a shave themed 'Nearly time to retire you old git'

20211205_090612.jpg

Tis the season not to be hairy - Ikon B1
God bless you merry gentle blade - Dorco Prime
Ho Ho Ho it is father soap - Extro Arancia
Seasonal pensions and greetings - Yaqi Dandelion
Only 20 days to Christmas - Faena aftershave

'Pull the other one matey'

So there is life beyond DE razors and I didn't buy two DE's recently because there isn't. And then there is the Ikon B1. I hung on to this for every good reason and every good reason being I still haven't found any razor which gives such close shaves so consistently. It is a God.

It may take far longer than any AC SE out there but the time is worth it. And the Dorco is proving itself a very firm favourite of mine on the quiet......although I still have enough Lodz blades to keep me happy up until state pension in another five years and nine months, and a bit beyond that.

This Extro has very little life left in it and so a big 'Boooooo'. Followed by a big 'Hurrah' because I have a fresh jar waiting in the wings (read sink unit drawer) all thanks to the great enabler himself. I must write a song dedicated to him one day. Ah, already been there.

Stand by sink. Do that brushing thing with the brush followed by that razoring thing with the razor and 'Voila', one effing brilliant shave.

The B1? Still every bit as good as that first outing when I ripped my face to bits with it. Ah those happy days, those happy days. Guess I have to learn to repeat everything as I get in to the realms of pensionism.

Have a most wonderful week ahead you well shaven people and I do. I love you all

And while beating the shit out of some poor defenseless piece of pastry enjoy these Japanese ladies.....why, it's those Beavers from Otoboke

Back
Top Bottom