SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Sotd 10/12
Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap : murphy & Mcneil St James
Splash: murphy & Mcneil St James
Edp: murphy & Mcneil St James
Balm : Murphy & Mcneil St James
Alum bloc
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor : Razorock hawk v3 standard plate
Blade : kai captain titan mild pink 4th use

Scent notes : Scent Strength: Medium to Strong
Top: Oatmeal, Orange,
Heart: Almond, Butterscotch
Base: Vanilla

Had another great shave with the Hawk the blade still feels good on the 4th use went for a 3 pass shave and went for the full St james by murphy & Mcneil I really like this scent it is gourmand and has a really nice scent happy weekend folks
20211210_144033.jpg20211210_144039.jpg20211210_144051.jpg20211210_144251.jpg20211210_144748.jpg20211210_145007.jpg20211210_145523.jpg20211210_150844.jpg

La Toja stick
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
ATT S1 Kronos handle
Feather #2
Mrs White barrier cream

The stick is out of my dopp bag and is quite good, the shave was good but the slant head if very mild and requires a bit of buffing to get a decent result. The Mrs White is a balm with rose absolute and zinc amongst the ingredients to aid against cold wind damage to the skin.

SOTD 26.jpg

Soap – Bodyshop Maca Root
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Rockwell 6C (#4)
Blade – Gillette Super Blue
A/S – Floid Mentolado Vigaroso
Balm – Lea 3 in 1

Following two exceptional shaves I had my first lather issues with this cream today. It lathered great but it was an effort to maintain any substance to it on application. Maybe I added too much water this time.
My first shave with a Super Blue blade felt smooth and comfortable and despite the lather issue I got through unscathed and finished on a high note with Floid & Lea.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your shaves.

Friday 10th December

Zenith 507U Boar - Proraso Sandalwood - Henson AL13 (Medium)/Treet New Steel - Bond Whisky AS - Ameer Attar

A lovely 'Face Feeling' result after 3 passes:)
@culcreuch , I picked up the Bond Whisky balm instead of the ASL in error during my Makeup foray. What are your thoughts on the aftershave? All I got from the balm was a honeycomb type sweetness rather than any whiskyness! It'd be good to know before I go back and place a further order.
Cheers

@culcreuch , I picked up the Bond Whisky balm instead of the ASL in error during my Makeup foray. What are your thoughts on the aftershave? All I got from the balm was a honeycomb type sweetness rather than any whiskyness! It'd be good to know before I go back and place a further order.
Cheers
My nose is terrible for scents....but at least I haven't got COVID if I can smell. To me it is sweet, woody, perhaps whisky and smokey. It feels a little oily on application....but that soon disappears. Whatever it is.....I like it!

And the last SOTD from here for this week and one carrying the theme 'The pre-Christmas bunny'.

A shave in two photos. One in glorious non-technocolour monochrome and the other in miserably presented faded colour. Because I am rubbish.

20211208_201818.jpg

20211208_202845.jpg

Monochromatic razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Grey scale blade - Feather Professional
HD brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Kinemacolor cream - Murdock Avalon
CinemaScope scent - ADP Mirra

May be another four months or so girls

So was it a happy Christmas bunnyism of a shave? Indeed it was and a great turn out for the Chinese contingency in the shaving cabinet. These Yaqi folk really know how to make a shave damn good. Damn good chaps, damn good (more of that pensionable repeating of words).

Have a most wonderful of weekends you lovely people and don't forget, I love you all

And especially for Digimonkey it's time to 'Go Yoshi, go go go'.....and more of that damn ugly turquoise bass guitar

Last edited:
Back I go to Makeup
e80076fc365e7dc76a042f16c83ef0da.jpg

E25EB85F-0F93-4638-A702-3F4E0455A58B.jpeg

SOTD: 10/12/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Menthol Soap
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A plain and simply divine shave, I just wish I could find a stronger version of the aftershave! I hear Marmara barber no. 13 cologne is similar? Regardless the twig, soap combo worked excellently!
Thank goodness it’s Friday!

Good evening all

Brush - Omega Boar
Razor - Yaqi Adjustable (2,2)
Blade - Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (2)
Soap - Signature Soaps Britania
Post - Baxters
Splash - Floïd Suave

I must have got the old water to soap ratio spot on this evening, this stuff exploded off the brush. I had enough lather to shave the whole street and even enough for Mrs Seaman’s beard.
A top quality shave

DE343BCF-F2BE-47AE-BA94-9D85E78A0FE2.jpeg

Friday 10th December

Cream • Cyril R Salter French Vetiver
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 Standard
Blade • Schick Proline P (5)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Proline blade is reaching it's sweet spot five shaves in. Sublimely smooth with efficiency to match.
Salter French Vetiver is easily lathered, and does a superb job. The scent might not be for everyone, but I quite like it.
I must look for a sensibly priced vetiver scented aftershave. Any suggestions?

Friday 10th December

Cream • Cyril R Salter French Vetiver
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 Standard
Blade • Schick Proline P (5)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Proline blade is reaching it's sweet spot five shaves in. Sublimely smooth with efficiency to match.
Salter French Vetiver is easily lathered, and does a superb job. The scent might not be for everyone, but I quite like it.
I must look for a sensibly priced vetiver scented aftershave. Any suggestions?

Cheap? Marks and Spencer Vetiver and Cedarwood if you can find one.

Drop me a PM if you like as I have a small bottle spare

Sat 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 6th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + Ariana&Evans Kaizen Splash
Very nice soap! Good strong scent, super creamy and slick lather...
Haven't used this Kamisori in more than a month...missed it very much! A very nice enjoyable shave session for a dfs/ccs finish. Just 1 micro red tip on the upper lip. Aftershaves were awesome.
20211211_123641.jpg

Back
Top Bottom