SOTD : Saturday 4th August ~ Friday 10th August 2018.

Łódź Polsilver - what's that about mate? The diacritical marks - I didn't know you could speak Polish. I am shamed - I couldn't find a scintilla for Spanish words on my keyboard. New technology baffles pissed old hacks - indeed - ha ha ha - I.
Impressive isn't it? I have no idea how I managed it. Well I do. Predictive text just threw it up.

Sunday 5th August
BS33MiV.jpg

Zenith 507 TS - Williams Menthol/Ice Fresh cream - Ever Ready Natural Angle, Featherweight - GEM SSC #2 - Alum - Electrif's Lemon Chill A/S - Dove Instant Hydration cream
The Williams cream was a nice surprise find at a local supermarket in the resort I was staying, and at €3.50 it was rude not to get 2. It has a fair menthol hit along with an accompanying mint scent. Great performance, and the Featherweight shaved well so I'm well pleased.

20180805_121157-jpg.33924

REX Ambassador
Treet 7 Days Platinum*
Maseto Silvertip
Saponificio Bignoli Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Fine Italian Citrus
ADP Colonia

*The Treet blades were kindly gifted to me by James @Acer89 . Thanks mate.
thumbsup.gif

The razor blade worked a treet (
rolleyes.gif
I'll get me coat). Very smooth shave with the Rex. I did need a few extra touch-ups but with a blade this smooth you don't mind sacrificing a little sharpness.

First use of the Saponificio Bignoli cream. Scent is a pleasant lemon/citrus, subtle from the jar but opens up once lathered. Easy to lather and performance was very good. Not much post shave though. The Fine aftershave took care of tbe post shave living my skin soft and supple.

Stay cool gents.
dirol.gif

Cheers
Rob

Sunday 5th August PM

17th DE shave

4bec3acaf3fb7f1b64201d62e6e6ca63.jpg

Prep: Warm water rinse, BBA Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room Highland Bothy
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber, then Proraso aftershave balm Sensitive

I dipped into the Newbie Pass Around box again as I'm conscious I only have one week left with it. It's been great so far and has given me lots to think about.

I chose the BBA face wash, Proraso pre shave, Gentleman's Groom Room soap and Feather blade from the box.

After going through my usual prep with face wash and pre shave cream, I bloomed the soap for 10 seconds (as recommended on TGGR's website) then started to lather. It came up in a matter of seconds before it started spilling over everywhere. The scent was spot on with the distinct smell from an old building in the hills. The musky but warm smell genuinely took me back to the many Munros I've found myself at the top of in Scotland. The days of camping and the firewood smell. Absolutely perfect.

After lathering I decided to go with 2 passes - WTG and ATG. I've tried various blades in the last 3 weeks, but have finally discovered the blade that is perfect for my 34c and skin. I was actually terrified of the Feather blade the 1st time I used it, but I think giving the razor and blade the respect they deserve has helped hone my technique. The slickness of the lather along with the blade had me finished the 1st Pass in what felt like seconds.

The 2nd lather again filled the senses with that Scottish wilderness. Going ATG the blade glided with no problems. I ran a finger over a cheek and it just hit me. The smoothest I think it has been....ever. Even pressing my finger into the skin I couldn't feel anything. No stubble, no roughness, just smooth. This was at the start of my 2nd pass and I was turning into a saddo because I was that excited! ‍♂️

I finished up with only one or two touch up areas and as I rinsed off my entire face was smoother than it's been, as far as I can remember.

A splash with the Thayers and rub of Proraso balm and I was done.

I've read other threads and on occasion have thought “really?” (in a sarcastic tone) when I don't understand the excitement others experience.

Tonight I totally understand! Everything just clicked. I think I'm happy with my current technique, though I know I've still a lot to improve. I'm happy with Feather blades. I'm happy with my pre and post techniques, though there are so many different products I want to try! I'm just happy! [emoji51]

Thanks to everyone who has helped me (including all the previous posters who probably have long moved on but posts I have read) but today's shave was why I want to be a wet shaver!

Oh, and by the way, The Gentleman's Groom Room Highland Bothy soap is well worth a try. I absolutely loved it!

Here's to many more shaves like this one!

Thanks everyone. Have a great night. [emoji482]

Last edited:
Sunday 5th August PM

17th DE shave

4bec3acaf3fb7f1b64201d62e6e6ca63.jpg

Prep: Warm water rinse, BBA Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room Highland Bothy
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber, then Proraso aftershave balm Sensitive

I dipped into the Newbie Pass Around box again as I'm conscious I only have one week left with it. It's been great so far and has given me lots to think about.

I chose the BBA face wash, Proraso pre shave, Gentleman's Groom Room soap and Feather blade from the box.

After going through my usual prep with face wash and pre shave cream, I bloomed the soap for 10 seconds (as recommended on TGGR's website) then started to lather. It came up in a matter of seconds before it started spilling over everywhere. The scent was spot on with the distinct smell from an old building in the hills. The musky but warm smell genuinely took me back to the many Munros I've found myself at the top of in Scotland. The days of camping and the firewood smell. Absolutely perfect.

After lathering I decided to go with 2 passes - WTG and ATG. I've tried various blades in the last 3 weeks, but have finally discovered the blade that is perfect for my 34c and skin. I was actually terrified of the Feather blade the 1st time I used it, but it may be me giving the razor and blade the respect they deserve. The slickness of the lather along with the blade had me finished the 1st Pass in what felt like seconds.

The 2nd lather again filled the senses with that Scottish wilderness. Going ATG the blade glided with no problems. I ran a finger over a cheek and it just hit me. The smoothest I think it has been....ever. Even pressing my finger into the skin I couldn't feel anything. No stubble, no roughness, just smooth. This was at the start of my 2nd pass and I was turning into a saddo because I was that excited! ‍♂️

I finished up with only one or two touch up areas and as I rinsed off my entire face was smoother than it's been, as far as I can remember.

A splash with the Thayers and rub of Proraso balm and I was done.

I've read other threads and on occasion have thought “really?” (in a sarcastic tone) when I don't understand the excitement others experience.

Tonight I totally understand! Everything just clicked. I think I'm happy with my current technique, though I know I've still a lot to improve. I'm happy with Feather blades. I'm happy with my pre and post techniques, though there so many different products I want to try! I'm just happy! [emoji51]

Thanks to everyone who has helped me (including all the previous posters who probably have long moved on but posts I have read) but today's shave was why I want to be a wet shaver!

Oh, and by the way, The Gentleman's Groom Room Highland Bothy soap is well worth a try. I absolutely loved it!

Here's to many more shaves like this one!

Thanks everyone. Have a great night. [emoji482]

+ 1 on the Highland Bothy and clambering up the Munro's,

Here's tae heading tae the hills ;)

The Williams cream was a nice surprise find at a local supermarket in the resort I was staying, and at €3.50 it was rude not to get 2. It has a fair menthol hit along with an accompanying mint scent.

A favourite for me - cheap as chips in Spain - the menthol builds and builds as you use it - top end slickness - in my experience. You over payed by about 50 cents - not that that matters - still entirely worth the price - yours - I.

A favourite for me - cheap as chips in Spain - the menthol builds and builds as you use it - top end slickness - in my experience. You over payed by about 50 cents - not that that matters - still entirely worth the price - yours - I.
Well - I, to be honest, could have payed a euro and got a bus to get some at a bigger supermarket. But a sunbed was calling, so....

Date: 06 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Summer Fig
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Back
Top Bottom