SOTD : Saturday 4th August ~ Friday 10th August 2018.

View attachment 37524

Sotd -

Sunday 29th of June -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese twin
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell LE
soap - Haslinger shafmilch tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid vigorously mental
balm - aloe vera gel.

Today - the 4th of August -

razor - ATT Calypso (on loan)
blade - Schick Proline (1)
soap - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
brush - Vie Long anniversary two-band Manchurian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua de Limon
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
scent - Instituto Espanol - Gotas Frescas concentrada cologne.

Result - todo bien.

Six days in between shaves - I'm not sure how that happened - I'm never going to use up all my products at this rate - I must try harder. I was eagerly awaiting the post this morning - the arrival of @Barry Giddens loaner ATT Calypso single edge. Thank you also to K. - @Boru62 - who had it before and took the hit for the Saturday guaranteed postage - much appreciated mate. Out the box - my my this is a pretty razor - I had seen pictures of them before - but it is much more gorgeous in real life. She's luverly. This is the first time I have held an ATT razor in my hand - read about them - they seemed quite expensive - not so - judging by this one - beautifully engineered - the production tolerances are impressive. Bang on - no issues loading the blade. Being aluminium - not stainless steel - most people comment on how light they are - which is correct - but this was not a problem for me. I rather enjoyed it - deft and precise in use - not using pressure is kind of second nature to me now. You own a Cobra - you learn this quickly. What a shave - no faffing finding the angle - intuitive - bbs in two passes. I am totally impressed with this razor. I may well have to buy one. Thanks to another of our fellow members - I have some interesting samples to try - didn't today - as I was using a new to me razor - I didn't want to change too many variables at the same time. Kept it Spanish with the software. Alvarez & Gomez cream needs no further praise - if you own it you will know - if you don't you should. A top end shave - really top notch - the most enjoyable for ages - the shaving stars aligned - enjoy yours one and all - with best regards - I.

Oh - the picture - as I have been typing this - in sympathy with the Spanish software I used today - I have been mostly listening to the Nortec Collective - that's them in the picture. Well some of them - the band - if you can call it that - is a loose collective of musicians and dj's from Tijuana - one of the most dangerous cities in the world - Glasgow is pussy country by comparison - in Mexico. So - Hispanic rather than Spanish I guess. They mix up traditional Mexican Norteno - there ought to be a scintilla above the last n in that word - it is pronounced Nortenyo - but I don't know where to find it on my Mac keyboard - with some harsh and tasty beats. Genius. Norteno is what happens if you mix the German immigrants in the late 19th century - taking their own folk music with them - who on mass went to Mexico - with the locals. They added to their host culture - intergrated - which is an interesting idea to conjure with in this foul savage year of our lord 2018 - when it seems that it is lauded to applaud cupidity, stupidity, exceptionalism, historical amnesia and racism. Native born Europeans - emigrating - to better their lives and those of their families. Apparently this isn't allowed to happen in reverse? Unless you still live somewhere in Kenya - all homo sapiens alive are by definition emigrants/immigrants. We all came out of Africa.
Beautifully put Iain. Bravo.

Colonial General SS
Kai Pink
Simpson Duke 3 Best
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Sartorial EDT

0792bd41-80f1-41af-a702-c95517e2e352-jpeg.33903

View attachment 37524

Sotd -

Sunday 29th of June -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese twin
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell LE
soap - Haslinger shafmilch tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid vigorously mental
balm - aloe vera gel.

Today - the 4th of August -

razor - ATT Calypso (on loan)
blade - Schick Proline (1)
soap - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
brush - Vie Long anniversary two-band Manchurian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua de Limon
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
scent - Instituto Espanol - Gotas Frescas concentrada cologne.

Result - todo bien.

Six days in between shaves - I'm not sure how that happened - I'm never going to use up all my products at this rate - I must try harder. I was eagerly awaiting the post this morning - the arrival of @Barry Giddens loaner ATT Calypso single edge. Thank you also to K. - @Boru62 - who had it before and took the hit for the Saturday guaranteed postage - much appreciated mate. Out the box - my my this is a pretty razor - I had seen pictures of them before - but it is much more gorgeous in real life. She's luverly. This is the first time I have held an ATT razor in my hand - read about them - they seemed quite expensive - not so - judging by this one - beautifully engineered - the production tolerances are impressive. Bang on - no issues loading the blade. Being aluminium - not stainless steel - most people comment on how light they are - which is correct - but this was not a problem for me. I rather enjoyed it - deft and precise in use - not using pressure is kind of second nature to me now. You own a Cobra - you learn this quickly. What a shave - no faffing finding the angle - intuitive - bbs in two passes. I am totally impressed with this razor. I may well have to buy one. Thanks to another of our fellow members - I have some interesting samples to try - didn't today - as I was using a new to me razor - I didn't want to change too many variables at the same time. Kept it Spanish with the software. Alvarez & Gomez cream needs no further praise - if you own it you will know - if you don't you should. A top end shave - really top notch - the most enjoyable for ages - the shaving stars aligned - enjoy yours one and all - with best regards - I.

Oh - the picture - as I have been typing this - in sympathy with the Spanish software I used today - I have been mostly listening to the Nortec Collective - that's them in the picture. Well some of them - the band - if you can call it that - is a loose collective of musicians and dj's from Tijuana - one of the most dangerous cities in the world - Glasgow is pussy country by comparison - in Mexico. So - Hispanic rather than Spanish I guess. They mix up traditional Mexican Norteno - there ought to be a scintilla above the last n in that word - it is pronounced Nortenyo - but I don't know where to find it on my Mac keyboard - with some harsh and tasty beats. Genius. Norteno is what happens if you mix the German immigrants in the late 19th century - taking their own folk music with them - who on mass went to Mexico - with the locals. They added to their host culture - intergrated - which is an interesting idea to conjure with in this foul savage year of our lord 2018 - when it seems that it is lauded to applaud cupidity, stupidity, exceptionalism, historical amnesia and racism. Native born Europeans - emigrating - to better their lives and those of their families. Apparently this isn't allowed to happen in reverse? Unless you still live somewhere in Kenya - all homo sapiens alive are by definition emigrants/immigrants. We all came out of Africa.
Nice one Iain, building bridges is much better than building walls.
Maybe a certain Pres would describe the plaque on the statue of liberty as fake news.statue-of-liberty-poem.jpg

SOTD : 5th August 2018.

f.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.​
Prep: Cool shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.​
Pre:​
warm wet flannel to my face.​
Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap.​
Brush: Wilkinson Sword ~ Pure Bristle.​
Bowl Lather.​
Soap: Blue's Goat milk.​
Blade: Zorrik ~ Super Platinum.(1)​
Razor: Frankenrazor ~ Yaqi DOC Head /Baili 191 BD Handle.​
Cold wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.​
Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.​
Dana ~ English Leather A/S Lotion.​
Greetings,​
Maiden shave with the zorrik super platinum blade another indian made blade that i've had in my den for quite a while of which i've never tried,paired together with the frankenrazor,resulted in a very relaxing 3 pass + pick ups comfortable sunday shave with no errors to report.​
Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather A/S Lotion.."Tally oh!"​
My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)
Enjoy your bank hoilday sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Morning shave

BBA Face Wash
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Thater 4125/2
Gillette Fatboy
Łódź Polsilver (2)
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Eau Sauvage EDT

I recently had a bit of a splurge at Maggards, as you do, and picked up the Sudsy Soapery on the recommendation of @Boru62. Well Kevin got it spot on. This is such a slick soap. Perhaps the slickest I have used. A doddle to lather, plenty of cushion, and excellent post-shave qualities. What more could you ask for? Oh, the scent is nice too. Enjoy the sunshine gents.

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: OSP Bay Rum
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super

IMG_20180805_101733.jpg
Many thanks to @culcreuch for helping me in my quest for a Bay Rum, he very generously gave me four samples to try, thanks Brian, much appreciated.
I went with the Benjamin's Bay Rum today and I like it, very light, not sweet, but I suspect it's not going to hang around for very long.
Thanks also to James (@Acer89) for rescuing the General from my attempt at aging it with salt and vinegar.
Wishing you all a great Sunday.

Sunday 5th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Meissner Wild Oranges Paste
Yaqi 24mm Cashmere Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi Scalloped Razor on a Windrose Damascus Steel Handle with a Polisilver Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Butterfly Florida Water

A slight miscalculation with the paste resulted in enough lather for a total body shave ....... and then some! The scent of Wild Oranges permeated the whole house....lovely stuff:)
3 passes for a perfect Sunday Morning Shave:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom