SOTD : Saturday 4th August ~ Friday 10th August 2018.

Beautifully put Iain. Bravo.

Nice one Iain, building bridges is much better than building walls.
Maybe a certain Pres would describe the plaque on the statue of liberty as fake news.

SOTD : 5th August 2018.

Shaving recipe for today.​
Prep: Cool shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.​
Pre:​
warm wet flannel to my face.​
Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap.​
Brush: Wilkinson Sword ~ Pure Bristle.​
Bowl Lather.​
Soap: Blue's Goat milk.​
Blade: Zorrik ~ Super Platinum.(1)​
Razor: Frankenrazor ~ Yaqi DOC Head /Baili 191 BD Handle.​
Cold wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.​
Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.​
Dana ~ English Leather A/S Lotion.​
Greetings,​
Maiden shave with the zorrik super platinum blade another indian made blade that i've had in my den for quite a while of which i've never tried,paired together with the frankenrazor,resulted in a very relaxing 3 pass + pick ups comfortable sunday shave with no errors to report.​
Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather A/S Lotion.."Tally oh!"​
My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
Enjoy your bank hoilday sunday, ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Morning shave

BBA Face Wash
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Thater 4125/2
Gillette Fatboy
Łódź Polsilver (2)
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Eau Sauvage EDT

I recently had a bit of a splurge at Maggards, as you do, and picked up the Sudsy Soapery on the recommendation of @Boru62. Well Kevin got it spot on. This is such a slick soap. Perhaps the slickest I have used. A doddle to lather, plenty of cushion, and excellent post-shave qualities. What more could you ask for? Oh, the scent is nice too. Enjoy the sunshine gents.

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: OSP Bay Rum
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super

Many thanks to @culcreuch for helping me in my quest for a Bay Rum, he very generously gave me four samples to try, thanks Brian, much appreciated.
I went with the Benjamin's Bay Rum today and I like it, very light, not sweet, but I suspect it's not going to hang around for very long.
Thanks also to James (@Acer89) for rescuing the General from my attempt at aging it with salt and vinegar.
Wishing you all a great Sunday.

Sunday 5th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Meissner Wild Oranges Paste
Yaqi 24mm Cashmere Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi Scalloped Razor on a Windrose Damascus Steel Handle with a Polisilver Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Butterfly Florida Water

A slight miscalculation with the paste resulted in enough lather for a total body shave ....... and then some! The scent of Wild Oranges permeated the whole house....lovely stuff
3 passes for a perfect Sunday Morning Shave

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Last edited: