SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

Razor = ATT Copper Windsor Pro.
Blade = Strangelet By PAA ( 1 )
Brush = AP Shave Co 24mm Disco
Soap = Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos with matching splash.
Balm = Loccitane Cade.

IMG_1553.jpegAnother brilliant shave from a razor i didn’t like 12 months ago.
just goes to show that persevering paid off.
The brush i could take or leave it,
nothing special but does the job.
but the barbershop scent of this soap is a joy topped of with what i think is the best balm on the planet,
Probably not lol but for me it’s the best.

1000002113.jpg
Bank Holiday Monday Shave.

Razor - Henson Ti V2 medium.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Black.
Brush - Highlander Black and White - Silvertip Badger.
Soap - La Savonniere du Moulin (Donkey milk soap)
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Panama 1924 - Edt Boellis

A lovely smooth shave, looking sharp and smelling fantastic!
I hope you all had a cracking Bank holiday weekend (UK) :)

Paul.

20240506_171333.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Rose.
Razor Mongoose SS
Blade Kai Titan Captain mild Pink (5 )
Aftershave Spitfire aftershave

A lovely shave today with the superb Mongoose.
The Spitfire aftershave was a gift from Agent Shave that they popped in for me to try, the wife said I smelt like I had been standing next to a BBQ all day.
I replied " So you find me tasty * wink wink*"
She said " No more like burning burgers, now fetch me more wine slave"
Blooming women.
Needless to say I won't be investing in a bottle of the stuff.
Have a great night all.
Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

but the barbershop scent of this soap is a joy topped of with what i think is the best balm on the planet,
Probably not lol but for me it’s the best.

Weird… but I was looking over this soap today, with my finger poised over the buy button. And Cade is my favourite balm too, but I always reserve it for holidays, so it remains special.

View attachment 120139
Bank Holiday Monday Shave.

Razor - Henson Ti V2 medium.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Black.
Brush - Highlander Black and White - Silvertip Badger.
Soap - La Savonniere du Moulin (Donkey milk soap)
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Panama 1924 - Edt Boellis

A lovely smooth shave, looking sharp and smelling fantastic!
I hope you all had a cracking Bank holiday weekend (UK) :)

Paul.
I have to correct you that's two band knot not silvertip. And nice to see your sotd's again.

SOTD Mon 6 May 2024

A Bank Holiday Monday, shave
DE416E68-4E61-4FA7-9754-388809B90397.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - French glass bowl
Cream - Geo.F.Trumper Limes
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel with lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils)
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Leisurely 2 pass and tidying shave. Great results with Trumper Limes and Cola brush. Went back to my old glass bowl (it’s a 1980’s Arcoroc chef’s bowl) which I seem to get better, fuller lather with, even better than a purpose made lather bowl, it just seems to be the ideal size and weight for me - I’m just afraid of breaking it! Made up some more witch hazel splash today with essential oils, and it’s great! Being the second version it must be ‘Witches Brew 2’!

6276CA13-2A14-4CA9-8C11-2384E74BAB98.jpeg
Did I see you in the “May the Fourth be with you” photoshoot the other day?
Oh - publicity pack’s are available from my management.
No, no, I just wondered. Aren’t you a bit small for a Wookiee?
What can I tell you matey, it’s cutbacks isn’t it, cutbacks!

And here he is again. Several days late, strolls in as if he owns the place, writes a load of shite and then disappears off the scene once more.
Before I prattle any further I really must thank @gile for taking time out to ensure the Marine AFC brush was duly papaly blessed. My first love team gained promotion this afternoon, beating Macclesfield 2-1 in the playoff final. It has to be down to the holy brush and nothing to do with playing the better football.

So ecstatic, I have since written to the Vatican requesting first dibs should the position for Pope become vacant. I have already received a reply, 'Sod off'. Perhaps I shouldn't have signed off, 'Satanfriendly'.

On to shaving and more important sides of life.

2022-11-10.jpg

I was in Hull the other day and took a walk through the Hepworth arcade. Absolutely chuffed that Dinsdale's joke shop is still open. A fond childhood memory. Speaking to the owner he made mention it has been in the same family for 94 years and still had some of the original pranks and tricks. Incredible.

'Gosh mate, this place really does remind me of the joke shop on League of Gentlemen'

'I hope so. They based it on this shop'

Made my day. So my theme for the last 3 days worth of shaves arrives fresh out the fart cushion, 'Joke Shop'

Saturday (Abstract deux)

20240504_201025.jpg

The magic razor - Ikon B1
Blade in a bar of soap - Super Iridium
Steel wire brush - Highlander 30mm Cashmere
Itching soap - Veritas Vincent
Burning cream - Pure moisturiser
Farty perfume - Atelier Orange Sanguine

Throw some of the best accoutrements in the cupboard together. Take them down the local church for a blessing. Oops wrong brush, but may as well get it blessed anyway so that large Cashmere things can get a bit of holy time as well, because they don't play football. A thoughtful second best. Show everything a sink full of water, an ugly face and voila ici, perfection.

An ugly face still ugly, but superbly shaved

Sunday (Sin abstracto)

20240505_150929.jpg

The non-razoring razor trick - Feather AS-D2
The Polish edible blade trick - Polsilver Lodz
Squirty flower trick - Yaqi Dandelion
Disappearing soap trick - Signature Wicstun
A Balmy trick - L'Occitane Cade
Dirty old man trick - Hermes terre d'hermes
'Sorry readers, this dirty old trick is for private viewing only'

Please call 0800 666 0666 for details on how to pay by credit card to reveal more.

This Feather really does shave by magic. There is no way a razor which has zero feedback, skims across the skin, is milder than the mildest thing you could ever think is mild and behaves as if there is no blade in between the plates. But, somehow manages to pull off heavenly results.

I used to hate this razor and thought I'd just wasted my money, but the more I use it, the more I appreciate its qualities. And what superb qualities it possess. You could shave with the AS-D2 after drinking a bottle of neat Vodka, wake up perfectly shaved and devoid of any nicks or weepers. But one shit of a hangover.

I did ask the bloke in the joke shop

'So where's the adult section then?'
'What do you think this place is!? It's a bloody joke shop!.......behind the curtains upstairs'

And the dirty old fart trick?

Monday (Abstracción? No)

20240506_180345.jpg

Fake razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Fake blade - Schick Proline
Fake brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Fake soap - Kent (Fake MWF)
Fake moisturiser - Pure
Fake perfume - Eau Sauvage
Fake TSR member - Me

So enthused about my shave of last Friday using the same gear, I decided to be lazy and just go down the same road again.

Brilliant

For a full review and to be totally lazy, see last week. Or save some time.......and don't

Behind the curtains and upstairs. Like to see some Beaver? My pleasure. If you please....

:love: And of course. I love you all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom