SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

Saturday 4th May

AP1GczO_wTVDHv958YafvQzgOPb805yI-3D_E7_rGj7nUw8RM0HdKk1LIHTRpsYVDUjwfj56IJqrBXhBaXQiGQFBpd4PpJTWwxPgKjWYCgtpyKXwNFrOxmr8HABfSpzt2ScmOTEUFpxRLSHXurCjvUad8SunJg=w800

Captain Claptrap Scapicchio Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog Pure Bristle
Clix Ez-Flow Safety Razor & Treet Durasharp (Blue) (2)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I joined the forum just a few days ago and am new to wet shaving. Also my very first DE shave and SOTD today

SOTD: 04/05/2024

Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: MÜHLE
Brush: Simpson Duke
Preshave: Bluebeards revenge pre-shave oil
Soap/splash: RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore - Firenze shaving soap and splash
Additional Care: Hiryali Alum
Additional Care Harrys post shave cream

Have a nice bank holiday weekend!

SOTD Sat 4 May 2024

A May the fourth be with you, shave!
4A9138E6-A356-4E2F-A42E-6D8F1A16075F.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Geo.F.Trumper Limes
Brush - DSCosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (Care+ witch hazel/Freshwood AS)
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

Refreshment - Stormtrooper Craft Beer IPA (had to use the force to open the can!)

A ‘Forceful’ shave! Smashing lather from the great Trumper’s Lime and the T4 synth. Nacet blade worked well with the big R89 (although I did nick the old Adam’s apple, but that was down to me and the alum block sealed it immediately). My own splash and the last drops of Nivea balm kept my face moist and smooth, and a spray of my best edt kept me smelly, in a good way. Now where did the wife park the Millennium Falcon?

5C2C944B-372E-441A-8792-DCA5E0FE3B71.jpegI’m using the force, of extreme tiredness!
Ah, right, ok!

Razor = 1964 Gillette Fatboy
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword.
Brush = Rooney 18mm Keyhole
Cream = Executive Shaving Bay Rum
with matching balm.
Splash = Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island
Bay Rum.

IMG_1535.jpegTop drawer shave this although nearly turned in to a disaster.
First stroke on this blade i knew it was duff,
Pulling, tugging and everything else that wasn’t good.
After persevering for nearly half my face i decided to change it out to a Brazillian Gillette.
What a transformation a total 10/10 shave with 3 passes of fantastic lather.
Only slight downside for me is i can’t make my mind up if i like this aftershave.
For me it’s very smokey but perhaps that’s what it’s meant to be,
It’s very not a patch on the Bay Rum scent of the cream or balm.
Nevertheless the shave was magic.

SOTD: 5th May 2024.

50.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic.
Face Lather
Lather: La Barbiera Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP.

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Chinese Gillette super speed clone & the Dorco Prime Platinum blade duo.

Carrying on with the 2nd of the La Barbiera shaving soap, I tried a face lather rubbing the soap directly into my stubble then building the lather on my face which like the Sweet Orange, the classic performed wonderfully. I prefer to face lather with hard soaps ,that's why I like shave sticks so much. The scent of the Classic soap to my nose has a pleasant woody/spice fragrance which will be great for the Autumn & Winter months.

I'll switch to face lathering with a boar brush in my next two shaves to see if I get the same lathering results as I have done with my synthetic brush.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 5
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
I missed this soap set... a lovely creamy slick lather with a lasting nice scent...
This razor provided a satisfyingly smooth and efficient shave...
20240505_132000.jpg

05/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8
Edge by - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 19 (2).jpg
A wonderful bit of sink time this morning, a wonderful lather with a 2 pass shave routine leaving me with a DFS+ finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Southern Witchcrafts ‘Lycanthropy’
SOC Cherrywood boar
Valet VC1 OC
Feather #3
Nivea dopo cream

Lovely shave after switching the blade into the open comb razor to remove three day beard with aplomb, the soap a sample from Maggards is lovely and slick and the scent is delightful being a lilac, rose and musk. Sat in the garden on a warm sunny morning after watering the newly overseeded lawn ( will mow this afternoon) the irises are starting to bloom, have a great May bank holiday folks!

5 May

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Simpson Chubby 2
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Proraso Sensitive balm

15561273-5F05-455C-8338-9DC7E75E0A97.jpeg
What should have been a wonderful shaving experience turned out to be disappointing due to me under loading the Simpson brush. I had to squeeze the brush to get enough lather to complete the shave. Nevertheless, a close shave and superb skin conditioning.

20240505_104625.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Razorock Beehive synthetic.
Soap Bee Clean Soaps Peppermint.
Razors Leaf & Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 2.
Blade Lord Platinum (1)
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.

Today theme is nectar of the God's and a celebration of the cracking weather today.

I had an amazing Shave after taking Blaze out for a run, he just loves being out with me and as soon as he sees me put on my running belt lead he knows we are going for a long run together and jumps around me super excited.
But once we had gotten home he was like dad that was a hot run today and I am glad to be home but I loved it, just look at my smile dad.
20240505_120427.jpg
Anyway I digress, the shave was amazing and I am BBS with a face that feels softer than an Angels bosom, believe me I know as I have experience in having my face buried in one often enough to form that expert opinion.
That being said I am now off to enjoy the good weather and show of my Shave to all the women in the UK and hear them comment about how lovely I look and wish I was their partner.
all hail the queens but a she thing GIF by VH1 Hip Hop Honors

Enjoy the day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom