SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

Monday (a dreich one, at that)

OSP Grapefruit and Menthol
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette RFB, England, 1934
Gillette Silver Blue
Fine Fresh Vetiver

Tragic that Mr. Fine has (afaik) ceased production of his vetiver based splashes. There are relatively few after shaves (but plenty EdTs, EdPs) that have prominent vetiver (although Ariana and Evans’ Vetiver Magnifique deserves a worthy mention).

IMG_0549.jpeg

As mentioned previously, a mate had a pile of these Men Advance stainless blades in his garage and gave me a handful to try. (He's a cartridge user so they were sat there for potential DIY use!). The blade is unmarked but the wrap says Dorco stainless and they are actually a very nice blade. This must be the 5th shave I've had from this one and it was smooth and close.
Enjoy your Bank Holiday.
20240506_133800.jpg

06/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Silksmoke 24mm
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE86BL
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 19 (3).jpg
During the shave i noticed i had started to get a skin tag just under my Adams apple, luckily the EJ only highlighted it was there, anyway after my shave and during the post shave i nipped it and pulled it off, alum rub and it looks sorted. Never had one of those before.
Enjoy your day all.

View attachment 120078

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Razorock Beehive synthetic.
Soap Bee Clean Soaps Peppermint.
Razors Leaf & Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 2.
Blade Lord Platinum (1)
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.

Today theme is nectar of the God's and a celebration of the cracking weather today.

I had an amazing Shave after taking Blaze out for a run, he just loves being out with me and as soon as he sees me put on my running belt lead he knows we are going for a long run together and jumps around me super excited.
But once we had gotten home he was like dad that was a hot run today and I am glad to be home but I loved it, just look at my smile dad.
View attachment 120080
Anyway I digress, the shave was amazing and I am BBS with a face that feels softer than an Angels bosom, believe me I know as I have experience in having my face buried in one often enough to form that expert opinion.
That being said I am now off to enjoy the good weather and show of my Shave to all the women in the UK and hear them comment about how lovely I look and wish I was their partner.
all hail the queens but a she thing GIF by VH1 Hip Hop Honors

Enjoy the day everyone.
disney classic GIF

Second shave with the Professional blade.
Still getting the hang of this razor. I can't use it daily because my skin's just too sensitive but with a gap of a few days and a super-light touch I got a passable result

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: RazoRock Barbershop Blue
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
IMG_20240506_175507~2.jpg

You need to get the glow in the dark razor to go with it.
it’s rude not to
Lol
You need to get the glow in the dark razor to go with it.
it’s rude not to
20240506_180517.jpg

Would you believe they had to put that warning on incase some puppet tried.
A razor version would be epic ha ha, I keep meaning to take a photo of it glowing.

Back
Top Bottom