blade - Aussie Spoiler (10)
brush - Simpsons Chubby 1 - best
soap - Meissner Tremonia - Dark Limes paste - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - OSP - Lemon and Cedarwood
balm - Arran Aromatics - Bay Citrus.
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Result - very good.

How much more citrus? None more. I'm not going to be bothered with scurvy anytime soon. I will order a replacement for this soap - one of the few - I wouldn't be without. It ticks all the boxes for me - ease of lathering, scent, slickness, protection and post feel. Once you get used to the fact that the lather is the same colour and texture as cement. All good - I hope you all have - at least - a tolerable week. Enjoy your shaves - I.

SOTD

Pre-shave : Hot shower / L'Occitane Cedrat shower gel
Brush : Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Cream : Acqua Di Parma Barberia cream
Razor / Blade : OneBlade Genesis / Feather FHS (1)
Post-shave : Thayers Cucumber / L'Occitane Cedrat aftershave balm
EdT : L'Occitane Cedrat EdT

My first use of the AdP shaving cream. The scent is lovely.

And for today the themed shave was 'A photo and rubbish free shave'

Colonial General
Kai Captain
Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Extro Arancia soap
Extro Arancia EDC

Cold water shave after a couple of days out at work and feeling bloody wonderful and smelling very orange.

Have a great week ahead you folk of the shaving world

But there is always time for some music

Pretty self explanatory except schick is the I55 I have been having problems with i tried a diff blade and got a pretty good shave with a single pass. I finally tried this CBL soap today and liked it alot, i can still smell its lingering scent....And the brush, the handle was given to me by a friend on Wed. Cleaned up stained and clear coated and put a kabuki knot in it. Used it for first time today.20190804_173519.jpg

SOTD 20190805.

1KrSMNF.jpg

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad.
T.O.B.S. "Royal Forest" shaving cream.
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (6).
Loris "E-13" EdP (== Creed Aventus).

5/8/19

Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette 7OC Yellow (1)
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - 3P
Post - Witch Hazel
Splash - Intesa Glacial Lotion
AS - Akcay Tobacco

I'd not used a Gillette 7 Yellow for a while, really superb blade, smoother than I remembered, like with any blade it matters which razor head it's paired with and it was a delight to use with the Old Type for 3 comfortable passes. A much better lather with the 3P today, I think it's a soap that works better with synth brushes.
The Intesa Glacial Lotion is an one, it's somewhere between a splash and a balm in terms of consistency. It contains alcohol though, and is very lightly scented, feels great on the skin though. Seems to have the least amount of scent of any post shave product I've used, including natural witch hazel.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

05/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 39C "Sledgehammer"
Blade: Timor (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Rosemary & Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
A/S: Proraso Red

39C YSF CRS (2).jpg

Thanks to @george and BST I am trialing a new mixing bowl, Its nice and holds the heat well, as it is smaller than the Giles I am used to I will have to reduce the size of my circular motion as I am hitting the sides of the bowl, it wont take long to sort.
The CRS performed well with the Yaqi and I had plenty of nice slick lather, the shape of the bowl help keep the soap to the bottom of the bowl and in the mixing deep end, easy.
3 Passes & no issues, The Timor blade still performing well, I will keep going with it, the XTG and ATG gave some audio, although, it is not tugging or pulling at all, giving a comfortable shave.
Nothing from the Block and my skin feeling nice and supple after the Bart's Balm was applied, I decided to finish off with a splash of Proraso Red Aftershave.
BBS and smelling very nice.
Have a great evening All.

Mon 5th August

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Vitos Super Red
ES Claymore V1- Bulldog 11 handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I have yet to find a Razor /Soap combo that does not work well with the Vitos. Really made the Industrial looking Claymore shave smoothly and comfortably, and delivered a squeaky clean skin feel. A pleasure to shave when it goes as well as today.

IMG_0606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom