Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Blade: Timor (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
A/S: Copycat TV

39C Yaqi ME CRS.jpg

A lovely 3 pass shave without issue.shave1.gif
A great lather from the Yaqi and the CRS, enough for 5-6 passes, I must use a smaller amount when using the synth brushes.
Nothing from the block, The Bart's leaving my face soft and supple & the last of the Copycat TV used up (I hate waste ;))
Result is better than yesterdays shave with a BBS finish.
Ready for my visit to the Mothership then out with the Darlin' for lunch.
Have a great Sunday All.

SOTD 20190804.

wbtI2eJ.jpg

J&T® model "Minimalistic" pear / Tuxedo.
Castle Forbes "Lavender" shaving cream (sample).
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (5).
Tihanyi "Levendula" EdP.

04/08/19

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Brush: EJ Medium Best Badger
Soap: TOBS Rose
Pre: Floïd Oil
ASB: Floïd
ASL: Floïd Vigaroso

IMG_20190804_101856.jpg

A really comfortable 3 passes with a DFS+ finish. No touch-ups required.

I'm enjoying the Marvel and will give another blade a few shaves in it before switching razors. The BDT blade has been a good match for this razor.

I'm also now a fan of the TOBS Rose. A lovely light smell and an awesome performer. The EJ Best brush is also often overlooked but brings a smile to my face every time I use it. I'd happily recommend this brush to anyone starting their shaving journey.

Davidoff Cool Water is today's scent.

Tabac Original
Kent Infinity synth
Face lather
Gillette Slim
Polsilver SI
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

It's a springy one, the Kent synth; and certainly not as soft compared to the RazoRocks. Still, it's good enough for a travel brush.

5th and last outing for the Polsilver; as it was dragging a bit. Aside from that, great results from the Tabac and Slim.

25E661E7-0C55-4FFC-A978-3A9D5DB3FF42.jpeg

4/8/19

Razor - Old Type
Blade - Feather (1)
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - 3P
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

I came across something today which I'd not before, the Feather blade in it's paper had some issues with the glue spots that had melted into a very sticky mess across both surfaces. The blade's edge itself was fine and presented no problems during the shave but at the end of the shave when I took the blade out of the razor head the plates of the razor were incredibly sticky and I had to get a toothbrush to clean the sticky mess off the razor.
As for the shave itself, the very mild razor head took out some of the roughness from the Feather blade but I could still feel a little irritation when the lather sat on my face for the 2nd and 3rd passes, but the shave itself was actually pretty good. I'd have given the Feather another go if it wasn't for it being covered in the sticky glue mess so for a rare event to throw a blade away after just one usage.

Sunday AM 2019-08-04

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle with tepid water
Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-OC Brass/Bob's Razor Works Black Bull Mastiff
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (6)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave
Col. Conk Almond aftershave balm

Another good warm weather setup. The new razor handle is shorter than I usually prefer, but it was comfortable and easily controlled.
Ip0dDwg.jpg

bfKAH22.jpg

I have read nothing but good reviews about Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic and have been anxiously waiting to get my paws on some. Well that happened this week and so off we go!

Grabbed an all time favourite razor in the Merkur Mergress which I got from the Badger & Blade Saint Sue auction in 2018. A wonderful lady dearly missed and an even better cause as all funds raised go towards the fight against breast cancer. Loaded up with a fresh Kai Super Stainless and dialled into setting 3 this razor truly is the Ferrari of my den. I have never had a bad shave with my Progress much less the hot-rodded Mergress.

Now back to the soap of the day, Margaritas in the Arctic. Why on earth did I wait this long to get this soap??!' I have no clue! Busy enjoying other scents? Abducted by aliens?! The scent is instantly a favourite, the performance certainly Stirling, but that glacial chill? Nulli Secundus!

I haven't used the RazoRock Bruce in a long time and it was my first synth brush. It did very well with this soap and loaded beautifully with plenty of lather for three, super chilled passes. Fantastic BBS shave which was topped off with a healthy spritz of B&BW Citron. Oh my this shave will be hard to beat. However, I now have Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, Orange Chill and Southern Witchcraft's Peach to get through! Good times indeed ahead.

It's a long weekend here and much grilling is about to go down but not before I catch Bristol City and Leeds United on the box. Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Mergress 500
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: RazoRock Bruce
Lather: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Aftershave: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works CitronABEC66A2-DCFC-4424-9C1D-E12920179F4C.jpeg

Sunday SOTD

Noble Otter Monarch
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Game Changer .84
Voskhod (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Best shave yet with the Game Changer. No irritation. Two passes plus touch ups for a near BBS finish.
Finished with Blue Stratos - the old ones are still the best.

Back
Top Bottom