SOTD : Saturday 3th - Friday 9th August 2019

3/8/19

Brush - Omega 10074 (23mm knot 48mm loft)
Soap - 3P
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Durasharp Yellow (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Intesa Menthol
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I've been using a soap a week for the last two weeks, Proraso Green then Vitos Red & Green frankencroap so this morning there was the testing decision of what soap would I use for the next 7 days. The front runners were Palmolive Menthol, Lea Cream, Tabac then seemingly out of nowhere 3P snuck in and won the race. A very boring race. I had a small amount of 3P left from a ShaveDash 50g sample and I think there's a chance finish it this coming week.
The 3P and 10074 produced a decent lather, maybe a bit thinner than I usually like. The 10075 is a good brush, seems to have lost the least number of bristles of any Omega brush I have owned and even though it can comfortably hold enough lathers for 3 passes, I seem to struggle to load the brush with either too much soap or not enough. Today, the first pass was decent enough but passes 2 and 3 were a little on the thin side of things.
The stars of today's shave though were the razor and blade, one of the best combinations I have stumbled upon. Incredibly smooth and efficient, without the slightest bit of irritation or resistance at any point in the shave. I was genuinely surprised at how smooth my face felt when I put on the witch hazel then the Intesa balm which to my surprise is the first balm I have used with alcohol in it.

Anyway chaps, have a good Saturday.

SOTD 03/08 - Rex Supply Co. Ambassador ; Tomac 4-Mil (2) ; Martin De Candre Fougere ; Shavemac Barbershop with an AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere knot ; BBA Post Shave Balm

190803-SOTD.jpg

Saturday AM 2019-08-03

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle with tepid water
Elite Razor Persian Jar Arizona Jade Manchurian White (28/54)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream (v.1)
Paradigm II Titanium
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (5)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

Another great warm morning shave. Admittedly the cream provided little challenge, but the brush quickly made excellent lather. It's quite heavy and feels a bit slippery when my hand is wet, so I'll have to be careful not to drop it. The cream and Paradigm razor produced no skin irritation at all, but the aftershave still felt and smelled wonderful.
7ODcOhR.jpg

Prep : warm water
Razor : Ying Jili
Brush : MÜHLE boar
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Soap : Palm Olive classic shaving stick (grated to a tub)
Bowl : Bamboo bowl
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Sir Irisch Moos

The Palmolive sticks are really great and rather cheap. A 5 pack €5,03 including shipping from Amazon.de
Grated 3 sticks to an empty Vergulde Hand tub. Using it as stick is not my piece of pie, but as a soap I really like it.

SOTD : 4th August 2019.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face./Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Uberlather/Frankensoap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap + Williams Mug Shaving Soap.(Grated) + 6 drops of glycerin.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (2)

Razor: Merkur 37c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 ~ Original Eau De Cologne ASL.

The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another relaxing Uberlather sunday shave.

The GSB/37c duo, matched together excellently,mowing through my stubble with ease.

The scottish fine shaving soap mixed with the williams mug shaving soap makes a superb frankensoap after a 5 minute bloom in hot water it created a slick protective lather for full shave, adding water to the tips of the brush inbetween each pass.The addition of the added glycerin drops to the frankensoap makes a noticeable difference to the lather.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine
;)
. ;) ..I only wish the 4711 cologne/asl had a longer lasting scent.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Sun 4th August.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2band
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

A nice relaxed Shave with the Mongoose today, as it is more forgiving than the King Cobra used yesterday. Got a good close all round finish
without any fuss or problems, so set up for the day.

IMG_0605.jpg

Date:- 04 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Chasing the Dragon
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Back
Top Bottom