SOTD : Saturday 3th - Friday 9th August 2019

SOTD : 8th August 2019.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face./Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Vie Long ~ Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (4)

Razor: Parker 99R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Tabac ASL.

The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave....

Last outing of the GSB which has performed with each this week, paired together with my Parker 99R was another excellent combo.

The Scottish Fine Shaving Soap has excelled throughout the week providing me with a superb lather with each shave.I intend to use this soap more often in my shaving soap rotation.The post shave feeling is amazingly good.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling old school devine.
;)
;)

I only have one more shift to do at the mill tomorrow,then i'm off for 10 days!!!.Yeah,
:thumbup:
which i'll be finishing off a few domestic duties,visiting family & friends but most of all catching up on some well earned rest.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:

SOTD : 8th August 2019.

View attachment 46283

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face./Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Vie Long ~ Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (4)

Razor: Parker 99R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Tabac ASL.

The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave....

Last outing of the GSB which has performed with each this week, paired together with my Parker 99R was another excellent combo.

The Scottish Fine Shaving Soap has excelled throughout the week providing me with a superb lather with each shave.I intend to use this soap more often in my shaving soap rotation.The post shave feeling is amazingly good.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling old school devine.
;)
;)

I only have one more shift to do at the mill tomorrow,then i'm off for 10 days!!!.Yeah,
:thumbup:
which i'll be finishing off a few domestic duties,visiting family & friends but most of all catching up on some well earned rest.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Good riddance to the mill !!! , happy days ,B :cool:

Date:- 08 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ La Cosa Nostra
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Voskhod #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Shave of the day. 8th Aug

Prep ~ Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ King Cobra
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~ MdC Original
Brush ~ Thater - 4125/2 26mm ST
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Crabtree & Evelyn - Lavender & Espresso EdT

My first shave with the King Cobra, with thanks to @mpf9ret (Mike)
It was a superb shave, smooth and super efficient leaving me with a perfect finish.
It shaved much like my Cobra Classic however the KC has a long super grippy handle that will remain secure even with wet soapy hands, a slight improvement over the Classic IMO.
It was a very enjoyable shave and the KC gets a thumbs up from me!
I will be using the original Martin De Candre for a week and using a different SE razor every day seeing as I have been neglecting them over the last couple of months.

Have a great day folks......P.

Last edited:
Thursdays Shave

Preshave : Heno De Pravia
Soap: MDC Original
Brush: MDM (Mervyn Cadman) Synthetic
Razor: Karve Solid Bar Plate D
Blade: Treat Black Beauty
Splash: Razorock Puros
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: Copy Cat Intense Oud

Thursday2.jpg

A great shave and a few new things to try, first outing with a Treat Black Beauty , I really like the feel of uncoated blades , my only other experience with them is some Vintage 60 year old plus ones and these are definitely sharper. Will be interested to see if they are good for a second shave.

The MDM Cadman Brush I am really enjoying , I have only had this a little while and the more I use it the more I like it.

Another New Item was the Puros Splash and the Tobacco Scent to my mind sits very Nicely with the Intense Oud EDT.

Sat at my desk with a wonderful scent and incredible face feel from the MDC Soap. Happy Days

8/8/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - 3P
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

A very satisfying feeling to finish my 50g sample of 3P in today's shave, a soap I enjoyed using.

In today's shave I revisited another blade I'd not used in a while, this time around it was the Shark Super Chrome. It's sharper than the Shark Super Stainless, but it's not the smoothest blade out there. It felt a bit rough to the face for quite a lot of the shave and felt a fair amount more burn than usual when I put the splash on post shave.

Thur 8th Aug.
Omega 11126 boar
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Occams V2-No3 plate
Kai CTM-Pink [ 4 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Though I am a lover of heavier AC/SEs, I am rather taken aback at the quality of Shave that I am getting from this rather lightweight/ odd looking razor. Even when using a comparatively mild blade I am getting quick quality Shaves, as good as I get from my other AC/SE Razors.

IMG_0612.jpg

Thursday morning

Cyril R. Salter's Tallow
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Face lather
Geo. Ibberson & Co. (1920s)
Supermax stainless steel
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

Third outing for the Supermax, and I don't think I'll be able to squeeze another out; as I had to work a bit harder to get a smooth finish around the chin.

I continue to enjoy using the Ibberson clone of a Gillette Old. It is just a few grammes lighter than the original; but performs very similarly. If I had to choose, I'd say the Old is just that bit keener; but there are variables - different blade; technique; amount of stubble and so on. A fine razor, though, and definitely a keeper.

I feel privileged to own such a variety of shaving history. Knowing I'm the latest in what will be a vast number of users of these razors is quite humbling.

1AA9B85E-7D82-4758-B02A-9E583A558B68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom