Shave of the day. 9th Aug

Prep ~ S.V. Lavender soap
Razor ~ Paradigm SE
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~ MdC - Original
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo
Post ~ Lavender witch hazel + Bart's - lavender aftershave lotion
Scent Crabtree & Evelyn - Lavender & Espresso EdT

A great shave from the Paradigm, I was left super smooth and very relaxed with all the lavender products used today.
Gonzo my super soft Silvertip painted the wonderful MdC lather onto my skin like a fluffy cloud, the softest Silvertip I have had the pleasure of using.

Have a great Friday folks, the weekend is nearly with us! :)

Last edited:
Fri 9th August.

Jayaruh No67 Syn.
MWF
PAA Starling V2- open comb
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Last time out with The Starling I had a disaster, as I had not got the blade locked down properly. Today made doubly sure it was OK. It is rather an aggressive Razor and the Micromatic in comparison is quite mild, so are the 1924/Streamline. However, with a good lather from the MWF and by taking care a pretty good Shave was attained, I found it very good when Shaving the Chin/Upper lip. For me I get more comfortable shaves with a 1924/ Streamline though the finish with the Starling is nearly as good.

IMG_0614.jpg

Last edited:
Fridays Shave - I can't feel my face !!!

Preshave : Vito's Menthol
Soap: Meissner Tremonia Mint Ice Menthol
Brush: ShaveMac Synthetic
Razor: Paradigm Ti2
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
Splash: Floids Mentally Vigorous
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Hermes Equipage

The Treet Black Beauty struggled on use 2 , won't use them more than once in future. I found that with the other treet blade I tried they are good for one shave for me.

Friday2.jpg

SvdD 20190809.

a3DGvK2.jpg

J&T® noten / APShaveCo STF.
PAA "Doppelgänger Black Label" scheerzeep.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" greep.
SuperMax Super Platinum (2).
Loris "E-178" EdP (== Dior Sauvage).

09/08/19

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Omega Proraso
Soap: Arran Lochranza
Pre: Wilko Oil
ASB: Arran Lochranza
Scent: Bespoke Oriental Woods and Amber

IMG_20190809_120721.jpg

I'm sporting a very raw face. The Arran Lochranza smells divine and quickly burst in to a gorgeous looking lather. I let this fool me in to thinking the lather was ready and subsequently ignored the warning signs throughout the shave. The Alum quickly let me know I'm in for an uncomfortable few hours. Let's see if the Arran ASB can subdue the issue.

I think this is going to be one of those soaps that needs a week or two of constant use to understand it. Whether I start that trial from my next shave depends on the recovery of my smacked ar*e like face though!

09/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S: JPG Le' Male' EDP

AS-D2,YR,CRS (6).jpg

TFI Friday shave - and what a belter
Wow, and I mean Wow, I forgot how good the AS-D2 is, this is how a shave should go, superbly comfortable, smooth and efficient.
After 6 month back into traditional wet shaving I have my 1st DE keeper. After yesterdays precarious shave with the Dart, today's shave was awesome in comparison.
With the same lather & the AS-D2 fitted with a 3 shave old Astra SP ( I had to check I had a blade in it after the first couple of strokes, the stubble filled water was a giveaway) I was beaming.
I know I had a super close shave yesterday although I always feel "when's it going to bite" I just don't think it is suited to my face or stubble, it probably needs heavier stubble to come into its own. I will try some other blades before it goes on the back shelf which is a shame as it looks much better than the Feather.
Today after the 1st pass WTG = DFS, 2nd Pass XTG/ATG mix = BBS - easy.
Nothing from the block, a lovely post shave routine with the Bart's and JPG EDP leaving me soft, supple, smelling top drawer and with a massive smile on my face. I have a DE Razor.
Have a Fantastic Friday Night All

9/8/19

Soap - Intesa Shaving Cream
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Viking Sword (4)
Post - Alum
Splash - Intesa Glacial Lotion
AS - Eyup Sabri Tobacco

Not a great shave today, used a bit too much cream to begin with and overloaded my brush and seemed a struggle to get the lather going, it was either too thick for the first pass and too thin for the third pass. Even though I've used a fair number of Personna PC's (which the Viking Sword is a rebranded variant) they seem to always bite me and I picked up a nick on my jaw in the 3rd pass, partly down to applying a bit too much force in addition to the lather being a bit on the thin side of things.
I'm liking the Intesa Glacial Lotion more with each use, it's one of the better balms for greasier skin like mine.

Anyway chaps, have a good Friday. The weekend is almost with us....

So I wanted to revisit El Jefe because the first time out was a rough start. However, towards the end of the shave it smoothed out. So today I reached for it again to see. Same Schick ProLine blade on its second use.

New soap today that came in with the last order, Stirling's Orange Chill. Lovely orange forward scent and mentholated to boot. Thirsty soap but the badger and some water whipped up a lovely amount of cold, slick lather to work with.

Lovely three pass BBS finish! Much smoother a go this time around. The soap was super chill as was the matching AS. Topped it all off with some B&BW Citron and ready to embrace the weekend!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon El Jefe
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Stirling Orange Chill
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron
04FBC9C4-5259-4550-8267-510AEE8B9A89.jpeg

Friday 9th August 2019 PM

Pre-shave : Warm rinse / L'Oreal Face Scrub / Proraso Red pre-shave cream
Brush : The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock synthetic
Cream : OSP Sandalwood cream
Razor / Blade : Gillette Fatboy (Setting 4) / Gillette 7 O'clock Green Super Stainless
Post-shave : Thayers Cucumber / Floïd Vigoroso aftershave / Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood balm
EdT : CopyCat TV

Head SOTD

Soap: Wickham LE 2019 Apricus @wickhamsoaps
Postshave: Wickham LE 2019 Apricus balm
Brush: Wickham LE 2019 The Outlaw with Arctic Fox Synthetic knot by @alphashaving
Razor: Rockwell 6C @rockwellrazors
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Hard to beat this setup, perfect shave every time!

View attachment 46268

One beautiful looking brush there

Last edited:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons
vintage D. Corrado open comb/Gillette Plus Platinum NOS
vintage Old Spice shaving soap
no after shave needed
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

This razor has different teeth than most OC types I have seen or used. Gotta pay some attention during the shave because it can bite, and I'm left with very smooth results and no red color at all in the lather.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom