Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE S/S (9)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

View attachment 47094

A Birthday shave today, however, although i have some new Razors/soap to try i am sticking with my planned routine and today it is the Heavy Flat Top SE. After all its just another day.
A very nice 2 pass shave for a DFS+ finish
I may get around to the new stuff soon, these include
a Feather AC SS Kamisori
a Gamechanger open comb 0.84
a Supply custom SE
MWF soap
2 scent types of Arran Soaps, with matching Balms and Aftershaves's
A new tub of Tabac with matching Balm, Aftershave and Cologne.
Now, the problem with this is at 57 and my already vast arsenal of hardware and software i think i will be long gone before i get to finish any of it.
Have a great Day All

Happy Birthday.

SOTD : 5th September 2019.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap: Boots Original Shave Stick.

Blade: Perma-Sharp Super.(4)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL + Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

It's been a while since i last shaved with my merkur 39C paired together with Perma-Sharp super blade was a fantastic efficient duo.

I have a great fondness for german made razors the 34C, 37C & bigger sibling 39C, have always performed wonderfully as have their german cousins the Muhle R89 and the very efficiently impressive R41(2014) version, are all superb razors at a very reasonable price.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs smooth shave with no errors to report...I should really use my slant razors more often.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth, cool & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpeg

Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ Grandstaff Soap Co - Vetiver
Brush ~ Semogue 2018 LE Badger
Post ~Thayers Original Astringent
Frag ~ Guerlain - Vetiver

My first day out of seven with this soap that I had bought from a fellow member over at ATG used once or twice and then forgotten about! :)
I set it against the Cobra, if this soap was lacking the Cobra would find it out!
No need to have worried, it produced a creamy slick protective lather that handled the Cobra with ease.
I had a close but comfortable shave without picking up any nicks or irritation, a good start for this now discontinued soap.

Have a good day folks.............P.

Last edited:
04/09/19
Pre : 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE S/S (9)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

View attachment 47094

A Birthday shave today, however, although i have some new Razors/soap to try i am sticking with my planned routine and today it is the Heavy Flat Top SE. After all its just another day.
A very nice 2 pass shave for a DFS+ finish
I may get around to the new stuff soon, these include
a Feather AC SS Kamisori
a Gamechanger open comb 0.84
a Supply custom SE
MWF soap
2 scent types of Arran Soaps, with matching Balms and Aftershaves's
A new tub of Tabac with matching Balm, Aftershave and Cologne.
Now, the problem with this is at 57 and my already vast arsenal of hardware and software i think i will be long gone before i get to finish any of it.
Have a great Day All
4/9/19

Birthday SOTD today for which I went for my favourite items., ones which after I assembled are probably not the most exciting ones but it probably reflects something about my personality!

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Aside from being my birthday, it's around the time 3rd full year since I first started DE shaving and as enjoyable a hobby as it is for learning a lot about the different components involved but I've found the routines/rituals for shaving to have had a great impact for my psychological and physical health. For the latter, one of the reasons why I seem to remember the date for when I started DE shaving as I stopped smoking cigarettes around the same time, as I remember replacing the ritual of my morning cigarette for having a shave instead. I've also found the routine/ritual of wet shaving to be very important for my mental health as well, however slight it might be the effort of trying to look the best I can every morning I shave has been beneficial, some days less than others but even on those days even the slightest difference however negligible is one nonetheless.

Anyway chaps, enjoy your shaves/this wonderful hobby and have a great day.
Happy birthday @Tony'schin and @donnie_arko (y)

SOTD 20190905.

0aFzxAM.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
T.O.B.S. "Royal Forest" shaving cream.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Centwin Super Platinum (5).
Loris "E-13" EdP (== Creed Aventus).

Thur 5th Sept.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Alu. Hawk/ S/S Handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

The Alu. Hawk works very well for me with the addition of this S/S Handle, It is now a very efficient and manoeuvrable Razor. With the kind of lather that the CS soap provides it would be difficult not to have a smooth Shave.Not only is the Shave smooth but the quality of finish delivered would give some of my more costly AC/SEs a run for their money.

IMG_0609.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom