Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE S/S (9)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

View attachment 47094

A Birthday shave today, however, although i have some new Razors/soap to try i am sticking with my planned routine and today it is the Heavy Flat Top SE. After all its just another day.
A very nice 2 pass shave for a DFS+ finish
I may get around to the new stuff soon, these include
a Feather AC SS Kamisori
a Gamechanger open comb 0.84
a Supply custom SE
MWF soap
2 scent types of Arran Soaps, with matching Balms and Aftershaves's
A new tub of Tabac with matching Balm, Aftershave and Cologne.
Now, the problem with this is at 57 and my already vast arsenal of hardware and software i think i will be long gone before i get to finish any of it.
Have a great Day All
Happy Birthday Tony.

4/9/19

Birthday SOTD today for which I went for my favourite items., ones which after I assembled are probably not the most exciting ones but it probably reflects something about my personality!

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Aside from being my birthday, it's around the time 3rd full year since I first started DE shaving and as enjoyable a hobby as it is for learning a lot about the different components involved but I've found the routines/rituals for shaving to have had a great impact for my psychological and physical health. For the latter, one of the reasons why I seem to remember the date for when I started DE shaving as I stopped smoking cigarettes around the same time, as I remember replacing the ritual of my morning cigarette for having a shave instead. I've also found the routine/ritual of wet shaving to be very important for my mental health as well, however slight it might be the effort of trying to look the best I can every morning I shave has been beneficial, some days less than others but even on those days even the slightest difference however negligible is one nonetheless.

Anyway chaps, enjoy your shaves/this wonderful hobby and have a great day.
Happy Returns

04/09/19
Pre : 1912 Scottish Heather

View attachment 47094

A Birthday shave today, however, although i have some new Razors/soap to try i am sticking with my planned routine and today it is the Heavy Flat Top SE. After all its just another day.
a Feather AC SS Kamisori
a Supply custom SE
MWF soap
Now, the problem with this is at 57 and my already vast arsenal of hardware and software i think i will be long gone before i get to finish any of it.
Have a great Day All

Happy Birthday :)

4/9/19

Birthday SOTD today for which I went for my favourite items., ones which after I assembled are probably not the most exciting ones but it probably reflects something about my personality!

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Aside from being my birthday, it's around the time 3rd full year since I first started DE shaving and as enjoyable a hobby as it is for learning a lot about the different components involved but I've found the routines/rituals for shaving to have had a great impact for my psychological and physical health. For the latter, one of the reasons why I seem to remember the date for when I started DE shaving as I stopped smoking cigarettes around the same time, as I remember replacing the ritual of my morning cigarette for having a shave instead. I've also found the routine/ritual of wet shaving to be very important for my mental health as well, however slight it might be the effort of trying to look the best I can every morning I shave has been beneficial, some days less than others but even on those days even the slightest difference however negligible is one nonetheless.

Happy Birthday :)

Wednesday AM 2019-09-04

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Weber DLC/UFO U2V1 Brass
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (vintage) (13)
Woods of Windsor aftershave (vintage)

Going from a Wolfman one day to the Weber the next is always kind of a shock. The Weber requires a lot more effort.
bSvfe95.jpg

04/09/19
Pre : 1912 Scottish Heather

View attachment 47094

a Feather AC SS Kamisori
a Supply custom SE
MWF soap
Have a great Day All
Happy belated birthday,Tony..I hope your day was full of wonderfulness.! (y)

4/9/19

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Happy belated birthday,..A superb humble birthday shave set up, and a equally great insight into what traditional wet shaving gives you..It's ironic for me personally, before i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, i despised shaving with a 'full on' passion. Since then, it's became a pleasurable routine/ritual that i get great pleasure & joy from..Hope you had a great birthday mate.
Regards. B (y)

4/9/19

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Ball End Tech
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Happy Birthday Donnie !

04/09/19

Razor: GC 0.84
Blade: Gillette 7OC Super Platinum (3)
Brush: FS Chubby
Soap: OSP Neroli Cream
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: ESC Outlaw
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20190904_102430.jpg

A DFS finish but it took some work. The 7OC Blacks are not for me. Fortunately the rest of the good hard and software in the shave made it enjoyable.

A midmorning shave as I was at home for the first part of the day. My eldest daughter started school today. This photo is completely unrelated to shaving but I want to share it as I'm a proud dad!!
IMG_20190901_094027_1.jpg

Thanks to all birthday well wishers.

Happy belated birthday,..A superb humble birthday shave set up, and a equally great insight into what traditional wet shaving gives you..It's ironic for me personally, before i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, i despised shaving with a 'full on' passion. Since then, it's became a pleasurable routine/ritual that i get great pleasure & joy from..Hope you had a great birthday mate.
Regards. B (y)

It sounds similar to myself! Before discovering wet shaving, I'd pretty kept a beard for the 15 years before that. I'd generally grow a beard, get sick of it some point and eventually shave. In the 15 years I think I went through one pack of 10 Mach 3 blades!
The older I get the more I am appreciating the importance of finding pleasure in daily activities part of one's daily routines be it shaving or something else.

enNhKSk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Brown' (4)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Very close three pass shave. The lather from the Valobra soap was very slick indeed - a top shelf product in my book.
It provided excellent performance and paired well with the very sharp French Brown blade.

Back
Top Bottom