SOTD : Saturday 31th August to Friday 6th September

What's the Apricus like @Nearsmooth ?
Thanks for asking @Scotshave. It's a Wickham soap, so for me it works really well with any brush producing a very good lather without a lot of effort (I generally face lather). The scent is very pleasant but not strong and slightly hard to describe, a mixture of citrus fruits and floral notes, I think. Definitely not a Citrus Musk. I hope that helps.

Thanks for asking @Scotshave. It's a Wickham soap, so for me it works really well with any brush producing a very good lather without a lot of effort (I generally face lather). The scent is very pleasant but not strong and slightly hard to describe, a mixture of citrus fruits and floral notes, I think. Definitely not a Citrus Musk. I hope that helps.

I'd agree with your comments about Apricus - usual excellent Wickham soap base - @Scotshave - if you like Eau Sauvage - you will like this. The balm is good too. Cheers - I.

Prep: Face wash Pears Lemon Flower followed by a few drops of Pinaud shave oil
Cream: Captains Choice Venture
Brush: Maggard 24mm Red Swirl
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Pearl SS01 OC
Blade: Personna Red (2)
ASB: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
ASL: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
A very nice 2 pass shave

Friday 6th September

Tabac
Omega 11137
Cobra Classic
Schick Proline
Tabac Aftershave

You can't go wrong with Tabac. Have a good day gents.

View attachment 47157
Hi Barry,
Have been looking at some of the Pictures in the background of your SOTD. Noted your proximity to the Capital, you have not by any chance been "Borrowing " some originals from the Art Galleries nearby ;):(
Have a good Weekend- Mike

Last edited:
Fri 6th Sept.

Cyril Salter /Maseto ED. 2band
P & B Pall Mall
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro [ 7 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

The Mongoose really is a superb Razor provided that you do not rush. Needed a good Shave today as travelling to Hampshire and attending a Reunion Dinner, so wanted a long lasting shave without the need for a touch up. With a light touch the Mongoose can be used with precision to eliminate all stubborn areas of growth. Extremely pleased with the results, will get away with a quick buzz of an electric Razor and no need for a second wet Shave.

IMG_0613.jpg

Date:- 06 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Epsilon Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 26/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Choco Cubana
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

06/09/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 shovel head
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE S/S (11)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Homemade Neroli & Orange Argan oil Lotion
A/S: OSP Neroli / Copycat Just Neroli

1924SH, YRm IF.jpg

The last of my Vintage lady week today with the 1924 shovel head and what an enjoyable week it has been :love:.
These vintage razors make me wonder why they are not still made today, they give a fantastic enjoyable shave, even for a relative novice.
I remember my 1st shave with an ER and how apprehensive i was, no need really as long as you take your time until your confidence builds.kar.gif
I can totally recommend every shaver tries one of these razors at least once.
Next week will be an AC razor training week with the Feather SS Kamisori and Feather AC DX and i am looking forward to it,
although my chin may not bea15.gif:eek:

Have a great day All ;).

SOTD 20190906.

xiI46JS.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Omega Via Barberia "Aquae" shaving cream (sample).
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Centwin Super Platinum (6).
Haslinger "Sandelholz" ASB.

Back
Top Bottom