Happy Returns

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

Wednesday AM 2019-09-04

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Weber DLC/UFO U2V1 Brass
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (vintage) (13)
Woods of Windsor aftershave (vintage)

Going from a Wolfman one day to the Weber the next is always kind of a shock. The Weber requires a lot more effort.

Happy belated birthday,Tony..I hope your day was full of wonderfulness.!

Happy belated birthday,..A superb humble birthday shave set up, and a equally great insight into what traditional wet shaving gives you..It's ironic for me personally, before i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, i despised shaving with a 'full on' passion. Since then, it's became a pleasurable routine/ritual that i get great pleasure & joy from..Hope you had a great birthday mate.
Regards. B

Happy Birthday Donnie !

04/09/19

Razor: GC 0.84
Blade: Gillette 7OC Super Platinum (3)
Brush: FS Chubby
Soap: OSP Neroli Cream
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: ESC Outlaw
ASB: Proraso Blue

A DFS finish but it took some work. The 7OC Blacks are not for me. Fortunately the rest of the good hard and software in the shave made it enjoyable.

A midmorning shave as I was at home for the first part of the day. My eldest daughter started school today. This photo is completely unrelated to shaving but I want to share it as I'm a proud dad!!

Thanks to all birthday well wishers.

It sounds similar to myself! Before discovering wet shaving, I'd pretty kept a beard for the 15 years before that. I'd generally grow a beard, get sick of it some point and eventually shave. In the 15 years I think I went through one pack of 10 Mach 3 blades!
The older I get the more I am appreciating the importance of finding pleasure in daily activities part of one's daily routines be it shaving or something else.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Brown' (4)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Very close three pass shave. The lather from the Valobra soap was very slick indeed - a top shelf product in my book.
It provided excellent performance and paired well with the very sharp French Brown blade.