SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

E7O9bLB.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Chanel Egoiste EdT

A very close shave with this setup.

Mon 1st Nov SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Very nice lather from this soap. The scent, creaminess and slick qualities are just great!
Another enjoyable shave with this Kamisori. So easy, so smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a dfs+ finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome.
20211101_113835.jpg

Sunday Latigo, using Proraso boar, Parker injector, matching splash.
Today, P&B interlinked, using Yaqi mysterious space, 24mm badger and aristocrat#66 with a Nacet, finished using matching aftershave gel.

Will be traveling the rest of the week using Falklands issue Tech + Perma sharp in a travel set, EJ travel synth, EJ sandalwood cream and GFT skin food followed by an old spice and witch hazel mix.

Have a good rest of the week everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_082920__01.jpg
    IMG_20211101_082920__01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210816_093428__01.jpg
    IMG_20210816_093428__01.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 4
SOTD 01-Nov

Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: MdC Vetyver Sample
Razor: Yaqi Raster V3
Blade: Feather ProGuard

First try with the MdC, decided to bowl lather so I had complete control of an unknown. As everyone raves it was bursting within seconds of the brush hitting it. Apply to face and it feels nice and covers very well. I actually let some of it sit for a while to see what it's longevity was like, and it does sit stable for a good long while.

For the scent, meh, I can take it or leave it. It's nice enough but it didn't immediately drive me to go looking to buy. I actually keep catching whiffs of it every so often an hour later, so whether it's lasting well or it's just in my nose I'm not sure.

Good glide and decent cushion, no irritation afterwards so I call it a win. I waited a few afterwards and didn't feel the dryness on the face rushing on after finishing the shave, so once again very good. I threw on some generic balm and all good.

Will I get the vetyver, no, will I end up with an MdC soap, likely yes. Just need to find one I like, I'll try the fougere tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 1st November 2021

Shave Score 9.7

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Croap: Extro - Isola
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Merkur Progress (4,3,2)
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - Bluice
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Geoffry Beene - Bowling Green

Lovely shave with another neglected razor, BBS/FF very efficient especially ATG :)

Have a great week all.

Joe

IMG_0299.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_20211101_114214_246.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Barbershop De Los Muertos Brush: That Darn Rob Gold Digger Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
A/S: Barbershop De Los Muertos
Balm: Cien Aftershave Balm

I've not used many Murphy and McNeil soaps, but this one is great. Based on Amouage Jubilation XXV it's a wonderful complex cologne type scent with a top notch performance. The Blackland Dart has a bite to it so I loaded it with he mild Dorco Titan. There was still a bit of blade feel but it felt smooth...until the ATG pass on the moustache...ouch!!! Styptic sorted it out and it it always looks worse than it is. Still, a reasonably enjotable shave with the soap and splash being the stars, absolutely brilliant. Every shave on your journey can't be perfect, you just need to forget it and move onto the next one. Have a great week ahead.

Back
Top Bottom