SOTD: Saturday 30th November- Friday 6th December 2019.

262E723A-4ADC-49A6-93CF-45F2E0450C9B.jpegE380AC15-4D77-4A07-A7A6-07EAFB817447.jpeg

I'm kicking off decadent December w/ what's turned out to be my favorite razor in my collection. My Jones Shake Sharp Model 1.0. Stacking the razor with two blades resulted in a smooth and effortless dome and face shave. Although the razor looks like a Gem style hoe design, it actually takes a DE blade. The razor was developed at the end of the carbon steel blade era and has a built-in hone which allowed the user to ‘shake sharpen' his or her dulling carbon blade. In any case, this wonderful kickoff shave has left me smooth, clean and refreshed! Let's hear it for decadent December!

SOTD 12/01/19

RAZOR: Jones Shake Sharp Model 1.0
BLADE: 2 Stacked Suneko Blades
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by face and dome scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash w/ brush squeezings followed by Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Splash and finished with Pre De Provence AS Balm

Sunday 1st December

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 4 )
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I thought I might get a decent Shave today as I rather like the Mongoose. However, it turned out to be more than decent, with a good lather the Shave went so well, and without any apparent effort the Shave was over and I had got a face stroking finish..

D9728AB0-0643-482C-A7BD-3E05BCC4E223.jpeg

Prep: bath and face wash with simple soap
Soap: Clubman Pinaud
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/Blade: Merkur 37C slant/Astra green (3)
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Balm: 1912 classic

I forgot to apply my usual pre shave cream today and although the blade cut through my stubble easily during the 3 pass shave, it irritated more judging by the feedback with the alum.
The omega boar brush is my 2nd one of these, to allow me to alternate. This particular brush is now feeling to be breaking in after a dozen shaves. Until now it was poor at building a good lather and I was beginning to think it was a dud, but the last couple of shaves with it have been better.

01/12/19

Razor: 1958 Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Yaqi HMW Aqua
Soap: ES Fuar Ach Snog
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20191201_145108.jpg

The month of Christmas is here. The trees are up and the elf has arrived ensuring I have 24 days of behavioural blackmail available to try and make my daughters behave.

A festive shave is called for and a cold one seems to fit the bill as it's Baltic outside. Continuing with the excellent ES creams.

Another smooth finish but picked up a couple of nicks where I wasn't paying attention. I'm still impressed with this razor. It's 60 years old and I'm hoping it will last another 40 for me. The Fuar Ach Snog cream is excellent and I'll happily recommend everyone to give it a try (especially at the current ES Black Friday price).

Sunday AM 2019-12-01

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/52)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Raw Shaving RS-10/UFO Goliath
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (3)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
7RP3ero.jpg

ffMzRzJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom