SOTD: Saturday 30th November- Friday 6th December 2019.

Sotd-30-11-19.jpg

'The Calling of Saints Peter and Andrew' - Caravaggio

Sotd - Saturday the 30th of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 on Rockwell s/s handle
blade - Super Max Titanium (5! - who would have thought)
brush - Kent BK2 pure badger
soap - PAA - CaD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus locion
balm - Nivea Cool Gel Hidrante.

Result - all good.

I'm enjoying revisiting my 'scritchy' badgers - exfoliation writ large - scritch and scratch are different things - the former good - the latter bad. The Kent was my first 'proper' brush that I bought - years ago - when I decided - this was my way of shaving. Never looked back. Let us enjoy our badger brushes - as time allows - before they become illegal - the filth come crashing through your front door - they will take my Chubby 1 and 2 - 'out of my cold, dead hands' - mind you - that - I think is a quote from Charlton Heston - who is a total arsehole - in my opinion. See 'Bowling for Columbine' - for reference.

@Palmolive fox - thank you for mentioning the 'Jocks' here - I hadn't realised that it was St. Andrew's day - I'm not sure what that is about? Burn's night - sure - we get to pour whisky on our haggis - in memory of a - not that good - philandering - tax collector - poet. Andrew - our patron saint - obviously - but - in the way of these things - a highly dubious medieval attribution. Like St George - probably a Roman officer - of Turkish birth - 'three lions on my shirt' - indeed. Yours - have good shaves - cheers - I.

Oh - I'm not sure which one Andrew is in the picture - look like hipsters to me - at least Jesus could find his razor.

View attachment 49439

'The Calling of Saints Peter and Andrew' - Caravaggio

Sotd - Saturday the 30th of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 on Rockwell s/s handle
blade - Super Max Titanium (5! - who would have thought)
brush - Kent BK2 pure badger
soap - PAA - CaD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus locion
balm - Nivea Cool Gel Hidrante.

Result - all good.

I'm enjoying revisiting my 'scritchy' badgers - exfoliation writ large - scritch and scratch are different things - the former good - the latter bad. The Kent was my first 'proper' brush that I bought - years ago - when I decided - this was my way of shaving. Never looked back. Let us enjoy our badger brushes - as time allows - before they become illegal - the filth come crashing through your front door - they will take my Chubby 1 and 2 - 'out of my cold, dead hands' - mind you - that - I think is a quote from Charlton Heston - who is a total arsehole - in my opinion. See 'Bowling for Columbine' - for reference.

@Palmolive fox - thank you for mentioning the 'Jocks' here - I hadn't realised that it was St. Andrew's day - I'm not sure what that is about? Burn's night - sure - we get to pour whisky on our haggis - in memory of a - not that good - philandering - tax collector - poet. Andrew - our patron saint - obviously - but - in the way of these things - a highly dubious medieval attribution. Like St George - probably a Roman officer - of Turkish birth - 'three lions on my shirt' - indeed. Yours - have good shaves - cheers - I.

Oh - I'm not sure which one Andrew is in the picture - look like hipsters to me - at least Jesus could find his razor.
I love Caravaggio! I fell in love with his painting and use of imagery in Italy. BTW, Andrew would be the young guy.

SOTD : 1st December 2019.

f.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face & head .

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Erasmic Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl + Shave Lather Cream.

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux. (2)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing first sunday of december 2019 face & head shave.

Out of the four DE open comb razors i own and have shaved with the The Parker 24C i find the mildest yet smoothly efficient OC razors in my de razor collection... Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can, which can be misleading to someone who has yet to shave with one i find them very smooth & efficient,and match up really well with most DE blades, the only thing which i find you have to do with the parker 24C as with all my parker razors is to use a steeper shaving angle to get the best shaving results.

The erasmic soap and shaving cream created a excellent superlather for my shave with equal post shave feel.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups enjoyable sunday morning face & head shave. with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 29th November

Vitos Red Super Extra
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
3D Printed Bowl
Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Vintage Schick Platinum Super (1) **
Brut Sport Style Aftershave

Timeless / Schick combo just clicked - as smooth as silk. I could hardly feel the blade.
** thanks to @TomG for the blades, I'm using them sparingly !
Two days growth vanished in complete comfort, aided by the excellent lather from Vitos Red.
I wasn't going to shave, as I have an injured finger - I sliced it open on a broken wall tile while at work on Friday, and have had to wear a latex glove secured with tape to keep the dressing dry while bathing.
I'm pleased I did shave though, as it was one of those 'stars aligned' moments.
Finished with Brut Sport Style Aftershave, a bargain at only £2.99 from Boyes. It performs even better than Brut Original IMO.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents

01/12/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: RR400 Plissoft
Soap: Proraso Red (Rudolf's Nose)
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (7)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Grapefruit & Pink Pepper Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Paco Rabane 1 Million

Sun.JPG
A very nice Sunday shave.
The background is a book i am going to read again, it is a very true, raw description of what happened on Mount Longdon By Jim O'Connell who was there along with a couple of my friends. He put a lot of time into this account and interviewed combatants of both sides. It guides you through the battle step by grueling step from beginning to end. I can wholeheartedly recommend it if you like these sorts of books.
Anyway back to the shave - December, how did that happen?
This month i am going try to match the newly acquired Polsilver Blades to my Razors, however, before that, up stepped the General V2 for this mornings ritual. Fantastic, he is now up there at the top of my SE tree.
I am going to stick with the Proraso Red as long as possible this month to help me with the experiment. (Rudolf's Nose! well it is December)
I will be dotting the SOTD's with an SE now and again when the SE urge becomes unbearable.
So, 3 passes, silky smooth finish, nothing from the block and ready for the day ahead.
Dog walk, and then my visit with the Mothership (1 Million was a favourite of Dads and it puts a smile on Mams face when i wear it).
Have a great Sunday All

xhsZ4Bk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: Nõberu Sandalwood
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Australian Private Reserve Santal

A very comfortable three-pass shave on a four day growth for a DFS+ result. The Feather AS-D2, paired with a sharp blade like the venerable Gillette 'Swede', effortlessly removes even the toughest bristles. The blade seemed quite pleased to be paired with a fellow Swede in the form of Nõberu shaving cream.

Thie Nõberu cream is relatively firm - approaching a 'croap'. The scent strength is light-mid in the container, and opens up a touch further when lathered. The dominant note is sandalwood, but to my nose there was a fresh, almost minty base note. It brought to mind the chocolate-mint combination often used for confectionary, although in this case you substitute sandalwood for chocolate. I found it unusual, but pleasant enough.
The performance was very good. It lathered very easily - an almond-sized quantity comfortably produced enough for three passes. The razor glide was very good with this cream. Slickness was good, and again the residual slickness was respectable, but not as good a top tier tallow soaps.

Whilst the photo shows Mancera Cedrat Bois as the fragrance, I changed my mind after the shave, and in its place used the wonderful APR Santal - an absolutely pure expression of sandalwood.

Back
Top Bottom