SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

1iEWJbX.png

Sunday 07.31.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Yates 921-H Brushed Brass
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Restored Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Shave Soap
Post: Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Aftershave Splash

SOTD: 31/07/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Soap Bloom Water With A Hot Flannel
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

A wonderful relaxed Sunday shave. I did the first pass with a Feather Folding SS razor and it was much more successful than previous attempts. For the second and third pass testing of the Tiger blade continues and it's very good but hasn't un-seated the Nacet as my favourite. You may have noticed that I am a massive fanboy of the SW soaps and scents and this one doesn't disappoint.

9312B232-D658-48E9-9133-88FB447513F0.jpeg

Sunday July 31, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" 1.20 Gap
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Sorrentino "Orange Crush"/Cashmere
Soap: Signature Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Florida Water
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,363

31 July

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
ATT SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline P30
Geo F Trumper Eucris Skin Food
Creed Royal Oud Millesime

EF3FDAEB-C46D-4AEF-811C-59BB1E3F3EA6.jpeg
A superb Sunday shave. A lovely rich and copious lather, and, two passes using the lightest of touch to achieve a smooth, irritation free result. The aluminium SE1 works extremely well with no pressure, the problem with an aluminium razor is doing just that. Nevertheless, great stuff.

Sun 31st July

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana
ES Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 5 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

An unplanned Shave today with the newly arrived Timeless Ti Handle fitted to my Claymore V1. Yesterday used the Evo also fitted with the same handle.
Pleased to say that this Handle really worked with hefty Claymore head, the Shave being smooth and comfortable and the finish was Top Notch. Really pleased with this repeat purchase.

648F15CC-C9E7-4875-ADDC-D64693C03DBD.jpeg

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 3 )
Blade = Muster Teflon Coated ( 3 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Stoat
Cream = Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Balm = Baxter Of California
48EAFF84-7166-4A9F-B1BE-66375C75CE59.pngA lovely refreshing 3 pass shave with pick ups.
I genuinely didn’t mean this but everything was menthol, It’s been a while since i used anything menthol really and i’m unsure why,
perhaps it was the winter months.
This cream was the first fitjar island product i bought and i still think it’s one of the best.
iv had it nearly two years now and i reckon there’s another year in it.
Paired with the Myrsol & Baxter it really was very refreshing.
Until Next Time
Stay Safe Guys & Gals

Sun 31 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Shark Super Stainless 3rd
Aftershave B&M Seville Splash
Top shelf soap for the lather qualities with a nice scent too...enhance by the splash...lovely!
This wonderful blade in the razor provided a good smooth and comfortable shave. 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Excellent shave!
20220731_195537.jpg

31/07/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Pearl Blaze
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
View attachment 91355
I can honestly say that this very reasonably priced razor punches well above its price point.
Fitted with a new Wizamet IS, It has just delivered a really smooth, comfortable shave from 2 passes WTG then ATG, there is a tiny bit of blade feel, however, it does not feel like it will bite at all. Yes its a big beast and in the hand it reminds me of the Tradere. when packing it my mind drifted to an Emporium purchase a while back :- The IKON Bulldog handle, colour wise it will match, it was packed in the Dopp bag and will be fitted for the next run out.
The Signature Britannia i know is a strange one for some Ops, i really like it. It was whipped up into a wonderful lather this morning with the Mühle Synth, easily enough for 3 passes if i needed them.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
It’s the connoisseurs choice! It must be we both like it!

Sunday 31st July

AL9nZEVVQbdjETAFk7RQ9x11DQRmeIpePwpXbBlKXBHvVZWuy2lisK36-vq-447gMI4jOPuQWQlZnoG0skRKG7Rq524Q3NuSV9ILn2pNrPuTxB3sX9dbqQFHyFwbHE2adbvpvjgybbaX_99BNzRadO6DVhAI8A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wilkinson Sword (Vintage)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (Vintage) (as Aftershave)

Divine!

Another vintage Wilkinson Sword shave, much thanks to @Mike Smart and second run in the Sticky with the Gold tuck sleeved blade in a blue branded wrapper which I figure is from the 1980s. Absolutely feather-smooth from the off and sharp enough to get my benchmark single pass shave, which I repeated as I was enjoying it so much ... tonight against the grain for the second pass, so super-smooth.

I'd put the smoothness at 11/10 as it surpasses even the Personna Platinum Chrome and hits the high notes that the (new) Super Gillette Blue hits, while sharpness is probably an 8/10. The shave was a 10/10 in effect.

Absolutely divine!

Very much enjoyed the lather from the Boots Albany Mentholated shaving bowl, mentholated gently which translates even today as a cooling waft. Pretty damn good for a soap I highly suspect is from the 1950s! There is a subtle floral, too, to the soap which I read as lilac ... lilac and possibly jasmine. Lilac, nevertherless. So, splash of vintage Pinaud Veg for finishing; a brew that is nothing like today's incarnation, but subtle, soothing and cooling. Another "not at all bad" for a splash that I would probably place from the 1930s given the hyphenation of quite common words wrapping around (like "be-fore").

Unquestionably divine!

AL9nZEUFIRqhaVI5gmINmdAOXp0d5fQvG7J4GnUdBAHzu0To5zJq09w6_gz7EJHcSvMx1-A-E4X2Z5in2cDM4cXlUM_urY0AswWoptyfLxv0G0ZpzlM6jsJEsd247mUvrsOMWciP2sLK3DKKDTFvb0bZDuNjuQ=s800

AL9nZEWZ6TcJclA3OpqtSsX2fehTn3_mrpfnZw1M6j0Ob42aHVeJsdymkq57oXC0hGBDFlFPkeOFuLlmq4YZ6VqNc1zZcP4dTMT1IEP3Fs_2fOVKl4jEkRS48JuUqnuh2HHgdocmvT7rnCafwHjSgaH2NK6t_A=w300

Cheers Mike!

Last edited:
PXL_20220731_164916086.jpg
SOTD

Pre: warm shower, King C Gillette face & beard wash and The Goodfellas Smile pre-shave gel
Razor: DS Cosmetics DS9 on face (GC.68 clone), Leaf on dome
Blade: Dorco Prime (3) on face, Treet Platinum Saloons (3) in dome
Soap: Zingari Man The Rambler
Splash: Zingari Man The Rambler
Post: alum, Thayer's witchhazel cucumber and Nivea Fresh Kick balm

Evening all,

A more or less identical shave to my last one but with one crucial shave, a G plate!

Prep, hot flannel and Proraso Green
Brush, Yaqi
Razor, Karve with newly acquired G plate
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd Use)
Soap / Cream, OSP Neroli
Post, OSP Neroli

An absolutely delightful shave with the Karve G plate. Two days growth gone with relative ease. Zero irritation, nicks / weepers / cuts etc. I'd say you can notice the step up from the E plate to the G. Not to the extent to be unduly worried, but you can and should bear that in mind when using it. Its easy to get carried away and then boom, a cut / nick / weeper etc. I'd still consider for G plate for daily use as well as the E plate.

Very very happy with the results, I was initially sorry to return the Rex Ambassador to her lair. But her turn will come again and with results like this with the Karve i don't think i'll be reaching for her anytime soon while i enjoy this one again.

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom