SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

IMG_20220730_103848_6.jpg
SOTD 30 July 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Chisel and Hound Silvertip
Post - BBA Post Shave Balm
Frag - Miller Harris - Citron Citron

The Feather Pro Super blade in the DX gave me a deep shave, there was only one small knick on my top lip where I let my concentration wander for a split second.
The lather from the Signature Soaps Capra gave me great slip n slide and prevented me from skipping or digging the blade into my skin.
I was left with a perfectly smooth skin that is still tingling 30min later!
I will continue with this blade this week and see if I prefer it over the Feather Pro blade.

Enjoy the weekend chaps! :)

Paul.

30 July

SV Felce Aromatica
PAA Peregrino
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
SV Felce Aromatica asl

F12F6E47-9BCB-4D38-A457-BE469A0039E9.jpeg
The Treet Platinum played nicely with the Rex Ambassador to give me a good, careful two pass shave on setting 3. The SV soap’s wonderful scent, and excellent performance was a great bonus to a close and comfortable shave.

Tried out my Wilkinson Sword Empire model today. Not sure if it’s silver or nickel plated but the finish is amazing. First I made a blade using, you guessed it, Gem SE. I despined and then respined it after trimming to match the exact depth as far as my eyes could tell of the original wedge blade. If you try this don’t forget to tape up the edge before you start. My trusty nibbler and dremel got the job done without drama.
The razor is adjustable and I set it to the softest cut, this worked fine but needed two passes. The final result was very smooth. To think that the last time my razor was used was probably decades ago.
I brushed with a Superdrug brush to which I had already fitted a new bristle knot.
have a great weekend guys,

39D7B2A7-7478-4FC9-BD8F-CC374E771D53.jpegD0833EFA-9723-46D2-B1E9-23DCA123DC7B.jpeg

iasNUaf.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Rodrigo De Jerez
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion

What's your opinion on the Nice cream, P?
It's pretty good stuff, Chris.
I used two squirts, massaged into the knot and face lathered.
It can handle a fair amount of water, and maintains a very stable, slick lather.
It has a quite pleasant, clean scent that doesn't linger post shave.
For an inexpensive cream It's worth trying (prices vary, Boots club card holders get it 1/2 price I believe?)

Saturday AM 2022-07-30
National Get Gnarly Day
O75WxRH.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Faux Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Blutt BR-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
ABC Apricot Hull aftershave

First use of the razor. It was extremely smooth, efficient yet very mild. But it is too similar to the shaves I get with my other razors, I think, so I probably will not keep it.
3WOxB2d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom